Puck style MagicBand 2 is official

Jahona

Maybe I missed this in the article, but will the bands we're already purchased still work? My family members each bought character bands on our last trip.

All previous bands should still work. Just take note that the long range NFC tech will die out after a few years once the batteries themselves run out. All tap points should still work past that time.

Cmdr_Crimson

From the linked article:
Screen-Shot-2016-11-18-at-10.33.32-AM.png

Man those look obnoxiously big....

pajammies

I can't tell for sure...do you guys think the keychain and lanyard are metal?
I hope these are all available by February.
That lanyard is smaller, I bet if you wanted a smaller keychain you could just put a ring on that.

HurricaneHanna

Hopefully the new design will form better to the wrist. I find the current ones a bit uncomfortable.
When was the last time you received a band? I found that the ones we received for all of our trips in 2016 were much more flexible and comfortable than those we received throughout 2015. In fact we deactivated all of our older bands and restarted collecting the colors after we noticed the change.

Now if only it could tell time as well.... I'm curious how well it fits on the wrist being much wider than the original bands.
I would love it if it had a watch feature. A Fitbit type tie-in would be great also. I'd be willing to pay for the option to have everything in one!

So is this what they will be shipping out when you order them online through MDE? I wonder if I will be getting these for my trip in January.
Not yet. I received bands yesterday and they are the same type as those received for our last trip (September).

My only complaint is that a screwdriver seems to be needed to move the puck from band to band. That's kind of inconvenient for those of us who like to change colors/designs over the course of a trip.

Jon81uk

Seems pointless unless they are also adding replaceable batteries. If you only go every three years a custom band seems rather pointless. Also if they are getting bigger they need a decent watch face!!

OliveMcFly

When was the last time you received a band? I found that the ones we received for all of our trips in 2016 were much more flexible and comfortable than those we received throughout 2015. In fact we deactivated all of our older bands and restarted collecting the colors after we noticed the change.
I just got one for our trip in October and it was thinner, fit a little better. I have a petite frame and honestly boney little wrists so I'm hoping this may be a bit more form fitting.
They look similar to the WOW Bands you get on Royal Caribbean ships and they have a nice fit to them.
Either way it doesn't matter, I'm still going to WDW lol.

Fox&Hound

This makes the sale of cool/unique bands make much more sense. Now, when I receive my new magic band in the mail, all I have to do is unscrew the center part and put it into my Haunted Mansion band or whatever band I want.......

Never understood who bought the unique bands before.....

GrumpyFan

This new design may help cut down on the number of bands (old-style) that people have.
IF the puck can be easily changed, you could just get a new band (if needed/desired), then pop in the puck. Rather than having multiple bands all linked to your account, which I've heard can cause some back-end technical issues if you have too many.

Minnesota disney fan

I really like the new look a lot. I read on another site, that the new band will stop the using of multiple bands linked to previous tickets. (hope I said that right and it's a s clear as mud?) The new bands might be a way for WDW to stop the booking of several fp's each day with multiple bands? That was what was indicated on the other site. I don't know how they would do that with this new band. Any thoughts?

Jon81uk

This makes the sale of cool/unique bands make much more sense. Now, when I receive my new magic band in the mail, all I have to do is unscrew the center part and put it into my Haunted Mansion band or whatever band I want.......

Never understood who bought the unique bands before.....

With the current Haunted Mansion band you just put it on your wrist. The cast member can register it to your MDE account at the till, so there is no effort. Whereas unscrewing the centre to swap it over is more effort!

deeevo

Just hoping they made it easier to unlock my hotel room door with my hands full. Let can be very demanding. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom