Proposal Advice

amykay9377

Some other ideas that are AT MK but not front and center:
I love the idea of proposing on the people mover during the pitch-black part
Propose on Splash Mountain (where the camera is) so she can scream all the way down
There is a quiet walkway behind Tomorrowland that isn't busy
Take a raft to Tom Sawyer Island and propose out there, maybe "get lost" in a cave and when she finds you, have the ring out
Walk the boardwalk area between Big Thunder and Liberty Square at night, there are some sitting areas you can propose in
Get some ice cream and snag a table on Center Street (near Uptown Jewelers); propose when done with ice cream
Ride the Riverboat and propose there
Wait out the crowds and propose at Cinderella Fountain or Snow White's Wishing Well
Wait out the crowds and do it behind the castle (it'll make for beautiful pix, but not cliche)
Move further out and propose near the "castle walls" leading to New Fantasyland with castle in background
Find a corner table at Sleepy Hollow (preferably when quieter) and propose there - great view!
Pop the question in front of Prince Eric's castle instead!
Dinner at Narcoosee's at Grand Flo - watch fireworks from there, then pop the q
Follow the walking path at Grand Flo to the Wedding Pavilion and out there
Propose at Poly Beach or Grand Flo beach with Castle across the water

(I had way too much fun thinking of all of these!)

Last edited by a moderator:

nbreier0805

My husband proposed to me at Disney World. He booked a horse and carriage ride at the Port Orleans Resort and did it during that. It was PERFECT! I love Disney, but didn't want to be the center of attention, so I loved it. Afterwards we celebrated at Disney Springs. Best night of my life.

Rosanne

I'd wait until after the fireworks and do it at the end of the movie projections on the castle. Most people are already leaving. I dont think it would be so public. You dont have to get down on one knee. Just walk up to the castle steps with her, holding hands and say "I'd like to be your Prince Charming forever. Wont you please be my Cinderella?" I'm sure you can find a glass slipper for the ring. haha

slappy magoo

Bear in mind, it's super easy for me to spend other people's money.

I don't know where you're planning on staying during this trip, but if you can afford it, AND if it's available, AND if you can do it without her knowing, arrange to move on your last night to a room in a monorail resort with a fireworks/theme park view.

Don't tell her until the day before.

When you DO tell her, explain there was a goof-up by hotel management and they accidentally overbooked the room you're currently in for the next night, BUT, if you two are willing to move, they're willing to upgrade you to a monorail resort with a fireworks view. (Which will, of course, be the last lie you ever EVER tell her)

That night, order room service, plan to watch the fireworks from your balcony, and do it.

The proposal, I mean.

This way, you're getting the fireworks, you're getting the music AND you're getting about as private a moment as you can possibly get while fireworks and music are involved.

Minnesota disney fan

I know you said it had to be the MK, but just consider this: The carriage ride at POR has many couples who propose in a beautiful gazebo at the Mansions area. The driver is in on it, and he stops at the gazebo during the ride. The drivers I have talked to say that many couples do this and it is a beautiful area to propose, and special, too. Just a thought.

gen0615

My husband proposed in our hotel room but I kinda wished he did it in a park but I'm also not too interested in being the center of attention. If you want to try during the fireworks, you could watch them from Tomorrowland where it might be less crowded and do it there. Or at the wishing well behind the castle. Or watching the Electric Water parade on the beach at the Polynesian. Or, just like someone else said, wait until after the fireworks and people are leaving the park and you can still do it in front of the castle. :)

I proposed to my now wife on the back of the Magic Kingdom Ferry boat, top floor during one of the heaviest rainstorms that had hit Orlando in 70 years. Pair of us standing there in poncho's, soaked to the skin but wouldn't have changed it for the world. Thinking about doing it again when we go back because it will have been 10 years since that day!

SummerRses

Congratulations!!!! How wonderful of you to try to make it such a magical experience for both of you! I have really enjoyed reading all of these wonderful ideas. So many great suggestions! As stated by another member, there are many things to consider...things the two of you love to do together at WDW, the time of year you are planning to go, and of course, the cost factor. Also the idea of a Disney photographer is worth considering. (They will use your camera or phone free of charge, or you can buy a photo plan. There is a map showing where they are in Magic Kingdom, or have a friend ready to capture the moment.)

When my husband and I first went to Disney World, I couldn't wait to ride Cinderella's Golden Carrousel (which I think they now call Prince Charming's Carrousel). Since it was our first ride at Disney World, that ride now has special meaning to us. If I hadn't been already married to him, it would have been the perfect place for him to propose.

So here's my two-cents ...pick a place or ride you love in Magic Kingdom (people will always be walking around, part of the fun of Disney), I like the idea of the early evening (still enough light for good pictures) then you have the rest of the day to celebrate, and as for the actual moment ~ sitting with her somewhere ,or bowing to her, or kneeling, makes no difference. Personally, I just wouldn't want it to happen while actually on a ride, but heck, we are all different. So good luck! No matter what you decide, you will always be her Prince Charming for making it special for her ...and of course, because she loves you! ;)

Look forward to hearing all about it!

(p.s. But can anything really beat proposing somewhere near the castle?! Even it it's on the side. :) )

(Maybe these might help with some ideas...)

https://blog.touringplans.com/2012/12/12/101-ways-to-propose-at-walt-disney-world/

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/articles/25-fun-and-fantastic-ways-propose-walt-disney-world

Last edited:

Disneyfreak Jen

Get tickets for Mickeys Halloween Party, and close park at the end of the night. It quiets down after the first parade and by 11:00/12:00 the park is not busy, and you can do it at the castle.
Or, Maybe you could even do it as part of a character meet and greet and discreetly tell the photographer so he/she is prepared for all the photos!

kjb101791

I posted this in a similar forum and thought I would share here.

Here's is how I proposed to my fiance (both of us private people):
I said I wanted to be the last people out of the park, so we sat on the hub grass after closing and waited for everyone to leave. She was being difficult and said we needed to go so the cast members could get on with their night. I was able to hold out until 90% of the people have left and proposed there in the grass (turf). Literally nobody saw it happen and we still had the castle in the background. Then we went to the Poly after and had a drink after walking down Main Street engaged. We did get a photopass picture taken right after so we still had that.

clarkwayne2018

Original Poster
Here's where I am now. We'll arrive on a Saturday and go to Disney Springs that afternoon and evening. Was going to rent the water taxi, but it's down for refurbishment. Was going to do the Highway in the Sky monorail dining thing, but it's only done Monday-Thursday. I want to propose on Saturday so we can enjoy the rest of the trip without it hanging over me all week. Thought about the Aerophile balloon. Any other Disney Springs ideas possibly?

righttrack

Here's where I am now. We'll arrive on a Saturday and go to Disney Springs that afternoon and evening. Was going to rent the water taxi, but it's down for refurbishment. Was going to do the Highway in the Sky monorail dining thing, but it's only done Monday-Thursday. I want to propose on Saturday so we can enjoy the rest of the trip without it hanging over me all week. Thought about the Aerophile balloon. Any other Disney Springs ideas possibly?

The Boathouse maybe? Get a table overlooking the water? I dunno. Disney Springs is hard. Maybe you should sweat it out another day and do it at one of the other places above? Decisions decisions...

WHATEVER YOU DO WE WANT THE STORY AND PICTURES!!!!!! :bawling:

clarkwayne2018

Original Poster
I've just about done a complete 180 and I think I'm going to charter a boat for the Magic Kingdom fireworks show and do it there. Now, to just concoct a story that's believable so she won't suspect anything.

MickeyMan36

I've just about done a complete 180 and I think I'm going to charter a boat for the Magic Kingdom fireworks show and do it there. Now, to just concoct a story that's believable so she won't suspect anything.
Good luck with whatever you decide. One idea that has not come up is doing it on the dock at The Grand Floridian. There are not that many people there during fireworks. Some, but not too many. Or you could go to dinner at Narcoossee's and go out on their deck during fireworks and do it there. Very secluded and very pretty. It would save a little money on the boat too.

ninjaprincesst

If possible I would suggest making an early breakfast ADR so you can get into the MK early before there are a lot of people, you can then get much better pictures with out a ton of people, and there are always photo pass photographer around the castle courtyard for just that reason. Also if you don't want to spend the money for CRT make an early ADR for Be Our Guest breakfast and propose in front of Beast's castle or in front of the painting in the foyer of Beast's castle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom