Proof of Vaccination or Negative COVID Test required for theme parks soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
For fun I Zillowed my parents house and found out how much they paid for it back in '99...

Just... mind boggling.
I bought a house in Lathrop, CA in 2008 for $162,000. Sadly, by 2012 it had gone down in value and due to issues with Well Fargo and trying to hold onto a loan modification, I ended up short-selling it and moving back to the Bay Area. The short-sale went for $120,000.

The house is now valued at $531,300. oof

Vegas Disney Fan

I bought a house in Lathrop, CA in 2008 for $162,000. Sadly, but 2012 it had gone down in value and due to issues with Well Fargo and trying to hold onto a loan modification, I ended up short-selling it and moving back to the Bay Area. The short-sale went for $120,000.

I know quite a few people in the same boat, they either sold or let their houses go into foreclosure during the housing bust and now the houses are worth a small fortune.

It’s been a crazy decade for house prices and I don’t think it’s over yet. The big question is if they’re going to continue their astronomical price growth, have a correction, or implode again.

TP2000

Over the last two years I've gone from "I gotta get outta Utah asap" to "man this place sure has its perks".

I completely get the allure of being in SoCal for a young person. And the things that bother older folks (crime, taxes, government, etc.) are usually not on the radar of the under 30 crowd yet. In my opinion, being where the action is can often be what a twentysomething should be doing before spouses and babies and lawn care enter into their lives.

But my Discotheque days are long since passed. Although I still will ask a lady to dance at a Christmas party, but that scene is nothing like crashing into the Whiskey A-Go-Go or the Hungry Onion on a Saturday night.

Heck, I don't think I could even handle the Regal Beagle nowadays, with or without Mrs. Roper there to chaperone.

TP2000

For fun I Zillowed my parents house and found out how much they paid for it back in '99...

Just... mind boggling.

Isn't it amazing? The house I'm in now in Villa Park was willed to me by family, so it hasn't been on the MLS in many decades. They moved in here during the Reagan Administration. As I began investigating selling it, I snooped around on Zillow and looked at the neighbors. MY GAWD! :greedy:

There's a correction coming to housing. There just has to be.

Mac Tonight

Isn't it amazing? The house I'm in now in Villa Park was willed to me by family, so it hasn't been on the MLS in many decades. They moved in here during the Reagan Administration. As I began investigating selling it, I snooped around on Zillow and looked at the neighbors. MY GAWD! :greedy:

There's a correction coming to housing. There just has to be.
I really hope the market evens out soon, because we’d love to move. But we’re also kind of caught in a catch-22 right now. My wife was very smart and bought our place 11 years ago when it was dirt cheap, so with the market so high we’re sitting on a lot of equity… but once the prices start going down… there goes that money.

Mac Tonight

I bought a house in Lathrop, CA in 2008 for $162,000. Sadly, by 2012 it had gone down in value and due to issues with Well Fargo and trying to hold onto a loan modification, I ended up short-selling it and moving back to the Bay Area. The short-sale went for $120,000.

That’s almost bang on what our place is like too. We want to move and take advantage of the equity, but there is just nothing desirable in our price range out here. And the more we wait for prices to drop… it’s just not an ideal situation.

Vegas Disney Fan

That’s almost bang on what our place is like too. We want to move and take advantage of the equity, but there is just nothing desirable in our price range out here. And the more we wait for prices to drop… it’s just not an ideal situation.
Similar dilemma, I bought a short sale in 2010 for $135k that’s worth just over $400k now, I’ve been debating a move but every comparable house I’ve looked at, in areas I’d like to live, are all in the $400k or more range now, if I move it’ll be a wash, I’d just be trading a nearly paid off mortgage for a nearly paid off mortgage, I’m just thankful I bought when I did because without my houses equity I don’t think I’d ever be able to afford what I want and still retire when I want. It also takes out a lot of the bubble risk, if I move and the new houses price crashes I don’t really lose anything because my existing house is likely to crash in value also.

Mac Tonight

Similar dilemma, I bought a short sale in 2010 for $135k that’s worth just over $400k now, I’ve been debating a move but every comparable house I’ve looked at, in areas I’d like to live, are all in the $400k or more range now, if I move it’ll be a wash, I’d just be trading a nearly paid off mortgage for a nearly paid off mortgage, I’m just thankful I bought when I did because without my houses equity I don’t think I’d ever be able to afford what I want and still retire when I want. It also takes out a lot of the bubble risk, if I move and the new houses price crashes I don’t really lose anything because my existing house is likely to crash in value also.
Desirable living area is definitely hurting our home search. Our whole lives are here (family, friends, work), but I honestly think we’d be willing to move for the right opportunity. It just hasn’t shown up yet.

In the meantime, we torture ourselves by watching too much Home Town, where you can get a 3,000+ sq ft home with land, for under $300,000… it feels like a fantasy show.

TP2000

What's fascinating about your comments here is that so many people were driven to leave California by, and during, Covid.

If you had told me just two years ago I'd be moving, I'd laughed. Heck, during the first few months of Covid I had the kitchen and the powder room remodeled! But now? Entering the third year of this crap? Sayonara*!

*He says knowing there's still the old family beach house down south he can crash at anytime. Big talker. :rolleyes:

Vegas Disney Fan

What's fascinating about your comments here is that so many people were driven to leave California by, and during, Covid.

If you had told me just two years ago I'd be moving, I'd laughed. Heck, during the first few months of Covid I had the kitchen and the powder room remodeled! But now? Entering the third year of this crap? Sayonara*!

*He says knowing there's still the old family beach house down south he can crash at anytime. Big talker. :rolleyes:
Out of curiosity have you bought in Utah already?

Most my family live in the hills of Sandy/Draper area and after a fantastic Christmas visit I debated moving back to be closer to them, I spent a couple days looking at homes and was absolutely stunned by the prices in the area, $500k and up for 40 year old 2000 sq ft homes, my brother and his wife bought their home in he late 80s for something like $70k and my mom bought her house in the early 2000s for under $200k, it’s much cheaper in the valley but in the benches with views the house prices are out of control.

TP2000

Out of curiosity have you bought in Utah already?

Most my family live in the hills of Sandy/Draper area and after a fantastic Christmas visit I debated moving back to be closer to them, I spent a couple days looking at homes and was absolutely stunned by the prices in the area, $500k and up for 40 year old 2000 sq ft homes, my brother and his wife bought their home in he late 80s for something like $70k and my mom bought her house in the early 2000s for under $200k, it’s much cheaper in the valley but in the benches with views the house prices are out of control.

No, I haven't bought yet. I'm going to drive up there again later this month to stay with friends who already moved there, and spend a few days being schmoozed by a realtor and those chirpy hostesses that big master-planned communities employ in their sales centers. Dazzle me! :D

I have an old family beach house down in La Jolla to stay in until the new place is ready for me to roll my bar cart into.

But I won't be up in the Salt Lake metro area. I'm going to be down south near St. George. I've fallen in love with that southern Utah wild environment, and I will enjoy the convenience of driving 2 hours to the Las Vegas airport which has a lot of good international connections.

Last edited:

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I completely get the allure of being in SoCal for a young person. And the things that bother older folks (crime, taxes, government, etc.) are usually not on the radar of the under 30 crowd yet. In my opinion, being where the action is can often be what a twentysomething should be doing before spouses and babies and lawn care enter into their lives.

But my Discotheque days are long since passed. Although I still will ask a lady to dance at a Christmas party, but that scene is nothing like crashing into the Whiskey A-Go-Go or the Hungry Onion on a Saturday night.

Heck, I don't think I could even handle the Regal Beagle nowadays, with or without Mrs. Roper there to chaperone.
Plus 50 points for using discotheque in a post! :hilarious:

TP2000

Posters are drifting into politics and social issues again.

Not only that, but we're talking real estate which is even more inane and off topic, which I must take some blame for. 😇

It might be wise to close this thread or just step away I guess? There's clearly going to be no process in place to check for vaccination status to get into Disneyland. Heck, with the Supreme Court striking down the vaccine mandate for employers last month, there's no longer a vaccine mandate to work at Disneyland, much less to buy a ticket to get in.

Mac Tonight

Not only that, but we're talking real estate which is even more inane and off topic, which I must take some blame for. 😇

It might be wise to close this thread or just step away I guess? There's clearly going to be no process in place to check for vaccination status to get into Disneyland. Heck, with the Supreme Court striking down the vaccine mandate for employers last month, there's no longer a vaccine mandate to work at Disneyland, much less to buy a ticket to get in.
Quite honestly, I’m surprised we’re even still allowed to discuss Cxvid-related matters on this site.

We just never seem to learn our lesson ;)

CaptinEO

I'm off to live out my days in the Beehive State of Utah! In a gorgeous brand new "resort" community. For a fraction of the cost, which means I can travel well and tip well with a big smile on my face. 😁

I did think it through. Five years ago I would have told you that you were nuts for suggesting such a thing at this stage in life. But the past few years have convinced me otherwise.

It did not help that as I did some limited Western States travel over the past year, it seemed that every single Uber Driver and bartender and random party guest and airplane seatmate, etc. commented on how awful it must be to live in California now. They truly seemed concerned for our welfare. By the time I went to Arizona for Christmas a few months ago, the constant commentary just became comical. It's as if all the other states got a script to follow of what to say to a Californian. 🤣

But that kind of mass interstate experience really does make you reconsider your life choices.
I'm very happy for you. Haven't visited Utah myself but it sounds very nice! I'm sure the resort community will be great!

That's so funny to hear what a joke our state has become to the rest of the nation. It's very sad and mostly a result of "criminal reform". I can only hope it one day corrects its self.

TP2000

I hear Kansas is nice.

Eh... I had extended family south of Wichita that I visited a few times with my parents when they were still alive. The people of Kansas are absolutely lovely, but the scenery and the weather leaves quite a bit to be desired. Even in the rowdy college towns, it's.... not quite there. 😑

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom