Proof of Vaccination or Negative COVID Test required for theme parks soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP2000

What's interesting is the contrast in case rates and testing for Orange County and Los Angeles from the above data.

LA County has some of the strictest mask and vaccine mandates in the country, and Orange County has the most relaxed mask and vaccine mandates that are allowable in California.

But as of October 21st the data shows this as the 14 day rolling average...

Orange County (Population 3.1 Million) = 97 Cases Per 100,000 People, 1.7 Tests Per Person
Los Angeles County
(Population 10.1 Million) = 140 Cases Per 100,000 People, 0.9 Tests Per Person

Orange County has lower case rates and higher testing rates than Los Angeles County. That's... odd.

truecoat

This doesn’t make sense to me. So the vaccine apparently works and obviously millions of people were vaccinated in 2021 compared to Zero in 2020 and yet the anti vaccine mentality is responsible for killing more people in 2021?
Delta variant was much more contagious and the southern states were and still are poorly vaccinated.

mickEblu

So the severity of the Delta variant in a year with millions of people vaccinated caused more deaths than a year where nobody was vaccinated with the original Covid 19? That doesn’t sound odd to anyone?

A few questions that cross my mind-

do the vaccines not work as well as people think they do?

Are the vaccines themselves causing the virus to mutate stronger and faster?

TP2000

So the severity of the Delta variant in a year with millions of people vaccinated caused more deaths than a year where nobody was vaccinated with the original Covid 19? That doesn’t sound odd to anyone?

All of these are very valid questions. And they're questions I don't think we have the answers to yet.

But it's interesting how some folks declare you aren't allowed to ask those questions.

What I learned tonight by looking at the data, and I can't believe I never noticed this before, is that Orange County has a case rate about 35% less than LA County. And Orange County does more tests per capita than LA County does, so it's likely the case rate is even worse in LA County than they know. And today I waltzed through my local Ralph's Fresh Fare without a mask, talked to two neighbors I know in the produce department who were maskless (who are fired up about tree trimming on a county easement; suburban drama!), and then went to Trader Joe's where many shoppers and my checker was also maskless. But we've got a case rate 35% lower than mask-mandated Los Angeles? Um.... 🧐

Dear Prudence

Before the vaccine, the stay at home and social distancing mandates kept the numbers down-- if you were one of those cream puffs who got to be on Zoom all day while other people were out risking their lives, many of whom died. Now the cream puffs lied about their status to jump the vaccine lines (which they laughed and bragged about on social media) and went back to brunch. The slight inconvenience of being on Zoom was like working on the Railroad. Having to wear a mask suffocated them. Anything that stopped them from going to the bars was a crime against humanity. I believe vaccines work, but they're not magical. You are not invincible. You should still be taking precautions. But people aren't. The sheer levels of American entitlement and narcissism, no matter what end of the political "spectrum" you fall on is what continues to spread it, while front line and essential workers are literally being crushed by it.

TP2000

Anyway, COME ON, CA, update the vaccine booster opens on myTurn 😭

You've got to stop waiting for Sacramento bureaucrats to save you here.

Take your health into your own hands and go down to your local CVS or WalGreens or Target or WalMart or Ralph's and get a free shot as your "booster". :)

I did that over a month ago now. I wasn't going to wait for anyone to help me, or wait for bureaucrats to come back from their long weekend and maybe eventually update their "systems". This is your own responsibility, you can't rely on a government bureaucracy to do it for you.

Parteecia

Take your health into your own hands and go down to your local CVS or WalGreens or Target or WalMart or Ralph's and get a free shot as your "booster". :)

I did that over a month ago now. I wasn't going to wait for anyone to help me, or wait for bureaucrats to come back from their long weekend and maybe eventually update their "systems". This is your own responsibility, you can't rely on a government bureaucracy to do it for you.

Yesterday I started a fake Walgreens appointment for a hypothetical 28 year old who got J&J 3 months ago and now wanted Moderna. It offered up lots of close-by same-day time slots.

Dear Prudence

I had to use Vaccine Fairy the first time around because even as an essential worker I couldn't get an appointment. It was absolutely insane. People were bragging about lying to get theirs to jump the line (I'm literally never being honest again, hahahaha). I have an allergy to 2 of the 3 options, so I have to track that specific one down.

Trust me, I do not trust Sacramento to do anything. 😵

TP2000

I had to use Vaccine Fairy the first time around because even as an essential worker I couldn't get an appointment. It was absolutely insane. People were bragging about lying to get theirs to jump the line (I'm literally never being honest again, hahahaha). I have an allergy to 2 of the 3 options, so I have to track that specific one down.

Wow!

Do you need the Johnson&Johnson vaccine? That's the one I sought out and got for myself last spring, and then got the J&J booster last month just on my own by walking in to CVS.

Do you work or live in Orange County? The Othena App they have has greatly improved since last winter, when I first battled it in order to get an older lady friend who doesn't like to drive on freeways and doesn't like computers down to Soka University (twice) for her Pfizer vaccine appointments. When I punch up Othena now, it still remembers me from last winter, and it's vastly improved. Have you tried Othena if you are either living or working in OC?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

It is similar to
Trying to stay ahead of the flu vac with yearly decisions what goes
Into flu vaccine. Vaccine approved before mutated into Delta. It still protects most from going to hospital, or going on vents. Not killing people like it killed my kids dad prior to vaccinate. In most areas hospitals are not turning patients away.

If people were all vaccinated IMO it could finally go away. Some think COVID is gone. Certainly not vaccinated isn’t the return to normal in the US. Look at Florida and TX and other anti vac states. Is the vaccine 100% no. Never claimed to be. 5-11 year old 90%. I’d give to to a child
Of My own. I couldn’t bare watching a kid of mine on a vent knowing I blew off a vaccine.

I never bought into COVID Would be gone by Easter 2020 or gone with warmer weather summer 2020. Those predictions were failures. Killed so many of citizens with that advice. I’ll go
Soon for my flu shot and my booster. Me, I’m not inclined to trust the 2020 predictions. Some do. I can’t control that mindset.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

How do you feel
About the majority of Congress and all the senate being vaccinated. The folks with data available to them that isn’t political taking vaccinations? Me it is telling. Even the former guy took and recommended vaccine. Had a relative fly to Chicago to jump line. Watch those in power and how overwhelming majority of them continue to vaccinate. Why are they boosted?

Dear Prudence

How do you feel
About the majority of Congress and all the senate being vaccinated. The folks with data available to them that isn’t political taking vaccinations? Me it is telling. Even the former guy took and recommended vaccine. Had a relative fly to Chicago to jump line. Watch those in power and how overwhelming majority of them continue to vaccinate. Why are they boosted?
Ding ding ding.

And our taxes pay for that and their health care while they decide we don't deserve it. 😵🙃 and everybody's okay with this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom