Proof of Vaccination or Negative COVID Test required for theme parks soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beachlover4444

Eh, I don't think we are as much as you think. :)

It's illegal in California to not have health insurance. The very poor get free medical/dental/mental health insurance via MediCal, and the working poor get highly subsidized insurance from swanky health systems like Kaiser-Permanente for as low as $1 per month. That's been the law in California for almost two years now, since before Covid.

That doesn't explain, or excuse, why Compton is under-vaccinated and Pasadena is highly vaccinated.

Aren’t your vaccines free anyway. They are here in SC

beachlover4444

They are still good at preventing the very serious long term negative health effects. To me that alone is reason to get vaccinated, but I believe everyone should be free to choose for themselves without fear that there will be things that they can't do.
I was vaccinated and work at a hotel and sure enough I got it. Thankfu a mild case but still bad enough. I wouldn’t have wanted to get it without the vaccine

TP2000

I’m ok showing mine, I just got the booster.

Me too! I just walked into a CVS in suburban San Diego a few weeks ago and told them I wanted a booster shot, and they gave me one right then. No questions asked, no waiting, no charge. :)

Aren’t your vaccines free anyway. They are here in SC

Yes. The Covid shots are free nationwide, including Puerto Rico and overseas US territories.

TP2000

Still comes back to not comfortable with the healthcare system which was my original point. Insurance and copays etc. for many are still too expensive.

I went back and pulled up the locations within a 5 mile radius of LA zip code 90059, one of the many inland LA County zip codes that is under-vaccinated. The vast majority of free vaccine clinics are not at hospitals or established neighborhood medical clinics in zip code 90059.

On Sunday, October 17th every single one of these locations in 90059 had "Walk-Ins Available".

Hospitals/Health Clinics/Urgent Care/Mobile Clinics = 18 Locations

But the majority of locations are out in the community away from formal health facilities...

Corporate Pharmacies (CVS, WalGreens, Rite-Aid) = 27 Locations
Public Parks/Community Centers/Public Libraries = 15 Locations
Public Schools & Compton Junior College = 9 Locations
Independent 'Mom n Pop' Pharmacies/Groceries = 5 Locations
Corporate Supermarkets
(Vons, 3 WalMarts, Northgate) = 5 Locations
Miscellaneous
(County Supervisor's Office, Masonic Lodge, Fire Station, etc.) = 5 Locations
Churches = 4 Locations
Metro Light Rail Stations
(Green Line, Silver Line) = 4 Locations

I mean honestly, they're giving out free shots on Metro light rail platforms! o_O

I'm reminded of that old adage, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink". At some point we all have to realize the un-vaccinated in late 2021 simply do not want to get vaccinated.

Last edited:

Parteecia

I will make my original point one last time. It's not about the availability of vaccines in the areas with poor health coverage in general, it's about the poor health coverage in general leading to no relationship with healthcare professionals.

I would love for you to specifically address people without a medical connection instead of continuing to list locations. You are pointing out banks to people with no money.

Ok, I'm out.

Last edited:

TP2000

I will make my original point one last time. It's not about the availability of vaccines in the areas with poor health coverage in general, it's about the poor health coverage in general leading to no relationship with healthcare professionals.

The zip code 90059 that we've been discussing is represented in the US Congress by Representative Maxine Waters. In fact, one of the locations for Covid vaccines in this zip code is something called the "Maxine Waters Employment Preparation Center" where a long list of career, lifestyle, medical and educational services are offered free of charge to the community.

My US congresswoman is someone called Katie Porter. She has no such local facility like Maxine Waters does, and we were all on our own when it came time to figure out how to get a Covid shot. We did it on our own.

I would love for you to specifically address people without a medical connection instead of continuing to list locations. You are pointing out banks to people with no money.

Okay. So pretend I'm a Californian living in zip code 90059 who has violated state law for almost two years by not having health insurance, and is now paying hundreds of dollars in fines every year via my state tax return to the State of California by not having health insurance. Now it's time to get a Covid shot, so I can go to Denny's for Moon's Over My Hammy and/or to save my life. What do I do? Get the free shot the next time I'm at WalMart? Or just keep ignoring it, like I ignore the state law to have health insurance?

At some point, you have to acknowlege these are grown adults making conscious decisions to not get vaccinated. We can't pretend these are mentally disabled adults not able to maneuver through 21st century society. They are not. They are thinking adults who have made a conscious decision. We have to acknowledge these folks are purposely choosing to not get vaccinated.

Ok, I'm out.

Why? Because the basic facts presented here don't help support the media stories that say the lower-classes are somehow prevented by mysterious forces from getting a free Covid shot at their local WalMart?

Last edited:

Dear Prudence

Ok, I'm out.
Thank God someone said this, honestly. The dearth of empathy is astounding. I have said this since the beginning that I am not convinced people actually want others to be vaccinated or safe, they just got the vaccine because they wanted to be better than the supporters of You Know Who, and nothing else. They were motivated by nothing else. They wanted to go "back to normal" after they got to sit in their houses and apartments all day cryingggggg like they work on the railroad and root around in the coal mines when all they had to do is be on Zoom and expected the world to buy the narrative that "uwu, everyone is having a hard time during the pandemic." Like, somehow, frontline workers and healthcare workers and poor people (mostly BIPOC) who died in droves were supposed to nod and say yes to this. A lot of people who are still not vaccinated yet are the same population of people who suffered great losses during the pandemic--because they can't access health care and can't afford the time off. But what are facts and reality, when you can go back to being waited on, amiright?

TP2000

The dearth of empathy is astounding.

I'm not sure why you would look to the Internet for empathy, that's a human emotion best experienced in person with those you actually interact with. :)

What we've had in this thread is hard facts and real data.

If you find those hard facts and real data not empathetic enough, blame the facts not the persons presenting them.

A lot of people who are still not vaccinated yet are the same population of people who suffered great losses during the pandemic--because they can't access health care and can't afford the time off.

What exactly would it take to get an unvaccinated person in late 2021 vaccinated?

Are you really thinking there are people out there now who don't know the vaccine is free, don't know it's available at every pharmacy and supermarket in town, and don't know what it does or why they should care?

My opinion is if there actually is someone out there like that in late 2021 - a person that wants a Covid vaccine but just isn't sure where to go for one - that person has a lot more serious problems to deal with than just figuring out where the pharmacy department is in WalMart. (HINT: It's next to the toothpaste aisle.)

TP2000

If an American in late 2021 has no idea what the merits of the Covid vaccine is, or why they should seek it out for themselves and/or their family, that person has massive problems that go far beyond Covid.

We are talking about people who have no rational connection to 21st century American society.

I think a few of those types of folks do exist, but they are probably heavy drug users and or mentally unstable and living on the street.

I believe the vast majority of Americans who are not vaccinated in late 2021 simply have chosen to not get vaccinated. They go to WalMart and know the free Covid vaccine is there, they see the TV commercials about it, they've heard friends discuss it. They see people wearing masks in public every day. They all know society stopped in 2020 because of Covid. And they have concsiously chosen to not get vaccinated at this time.

The question is, what can you do about it?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm not sure why you would look to the Internet for empathy, that's a human emotion best experienced in person with those you actually interact with. :)

What we've had in this thread is hard facts and real data.

If you find those hard facts and real data not empathetic enough, blame the facts not the persons presenting them.

What exactly would it take to get an unvaccinated person in late 2021 vaccinated?

Are you really thinking there are people out there now who don't know the vaccine is free, don't know it's available at every pharmacy and supermarket in town, and don't know what it does or why they should care?

My opinion is if there actually is someone out there like that in late 2021 - a person that wants a Covid vaccine but just isn't sure where to go for one - that person has a lot more serious problems to deal with than just figuring out where the pharmacy department is in WalMart. (HINT: It's next to the toothpaste aisle.)

What you're still failing to grasp is the fact there is a HUUUUUUUGGGGGGEEEEEE distrust in the "system" by the very minority communities that have the lowest vaccination rates. And that isn't something that is going to change overnight just because the COVID shot is given away for free. This isn't just simply no access to the vaccine, its a systemic problem of distrust that goes back generations. @raven24 @Parteecia and others have tried to explain this to you now many times.

mickEblu

IN-N-OUT stepping up to the tyrants 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

And they make a great point- if the government wants this so bad then let’s them send employees to every place of business instead of having private businesses and their employees do their dirty work. Oh- you don’t have the resources? Neither do the restaurants, movie theaters, gyms etc. Nor is it their job.

07F58F9A-27BB-4554-8C03-1EEE9811E777.jpeg

denyuntilcaught

What you're still failing to grasp is the fact there is a HUUUUUUUGGGGGGEEEEEE distrust in the "system" by the very minority communities that have the lowest vaccination rates. And that isn't something that is going to change overnight just because the COVID shot is given away for free. This isn't just simply no access to the vaccine, its a systemic problem of distrust that goes back generations. @raven24 @Parteecia and others have tried to explain this to you now many times.

I don't think TP2000's purposely being obtuse, so I absolutely do not blame them. The whole cultural aspect of distrust towards government healthcare as a whole due to the historically abhorrent treatment of minorities is something that many people do not truly understand.

I 100% absolutely agree with TP2000 in that it is not an excuse to not get vaccinated, however it is indeed a reason, and a mighty solid one. So, to me, it's not about empathy as much as it is understanding the nuance in culturally-driven relationships between minorities and the government.

Dear Prudence

One of the other issues with this is Q/An/on groups and adjacent groups are using this to target them by preying on fears based on previous transgressions. It's all incredibly sick.

TP2000

I get that. I've read all the same articles that everyone else has read.

But I don't think it's a good excuse for not getting vaccinated against Covid, or Measles, or Polio, or Shingles, or the Flu.

In fact, it seems really idiotic to me. But, in the defense of people who choose to not get vaccinated, I do think it is their right to choose to not get vaccinated. But I personally choose differently.

What's interesting though in Los Angeles is that all those folks who aren't vaccinated are not supposed to get into restaurants or bars or theme parks. And on the flip side, I don't think that's right either. If they willingly choose to not get vaccinated in late 2021, they must have a firmly held belief about it. So I don't think it's fair to prevent those people from taking part in society or going shopping or to Universal Studios. I don't happen to agree with their medical decision, but I support their right to make that decision and live with it. :)

TP2000

One of the other issues with this is Q/An/on groups and adjacent groups are using this to target them by preying on fears based on previous transgressions. It's all incredibly sick.

I have absolutely no idea what Q/An/on groups are, although I have a vague understanding it's on the Internet. Or something. And they are anonymous?

It's one of those things that people talk about, but no one seems to know what exactly it is or who is a member of it. At least in my social circles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom