unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Original Poster
Just food for thought: It seems to me that trouble makers (spammers, trollers, fighters) on the forum all have a very similar characteristic. If you look at their profile you will generally find that they have very minimal stats. Generally something like Gender - Yes. and NOTHING else.

Perhaps REQUIRING a member to put forth a little effort and create a profile before posting ANYTHING would actually give them more of a tie to the site and discourage spamming, trolling, fighting, etc.

tiaragirl

This makes sense. If you're here to be a ________ disturber, chances are you're not going to make the effort to fill in your info or make up info.

Good call, ami.

Cindy'sBruno

Just food for thought: It seems to me that trouble makers (spammers, trollers, fighters) on the forum all have a very similar characteristic. If you look at their profile you will generally find that they have very minimal stats. Generally something like Gender - Yes. and NOTHING else.

Perhaps REQUIRING a member to put forth a little effort and create a profile before posting ANYTHING would actually give them more of a tie to the site and discourage spamming, trolling, fighting, etc.

:lol: I hope you didnt give them any ideas hahahahaha :D:wave:

Disney1971

Having 4 people agree with you doesn't make it law of the world.

Wilt Dasney

Having 4 people agree with you doesn't make it law of the world.
Depends on if one of the 4 is a moderator. :lookaroun

(BTW, I don't think it's such a bad idea, Doug. I'd want to see some limit placed on it, so we're not all forced to list our favorite Value resorts and monorail color, but in general I feel where you're coming from on this.)

Disney1971

Depends on if one of the 4 is a moderator. :lookaroun

(BTW, I don't think it's such a bad idea, Doug. I'd want to see some limit placed on it, so we're not all forced to list our favorite Value resorts and monorail color, but in general I feel where you're coming from on this.)

I don't agree that a person being intentionally discrete constitutes "spamming or trolling". This internet is filled so many rumors and false information. I have not contributed to any misleading or false information. If someone is going to be censored or attacked by other members because you don't know where they live or when they are going to visit next that's a crying shame. If that is going to be the case then delete my account, but as far I know I have not violated and terms of service.

tiaragirl

I don't agree that a person being intentionally discrete constitutes "spamming or trolling". This internet is filled so many rumors and false information. I have not contributed to any misleading or false information. If someone is going to be censored or attacked by other members because you don't know where they live or when they are going to visit next that's a crying shame. If that is going to be the case then delete my account, but as far I know I have not violated and terms of service.

We didn't say that being "intentionally discrete constitutes spamming". It was simply put out that if individuals are joining for the sole purpose of spamming, they will be less likely to put the effort in to fill out more information, and therefore not bother. This was never about censoring or attacking people.

Disney1971

We didn't say that being "intentionally discrete constitutes spamming". It was simply put out that if individuals are joining for the sole purpose of spamming, they will be less likely to put the effort in to fill out more information, and therefore not bother. This was never about censoring or attacking people.

No, the person who started this post (unkadug) specifically replied to a post of mine with a direct link to this post. 'nuff said.

Cindy'sBruno

HMMMMMMMMM.....Senior Member.....Just Joined:shrug: I believe the senior member has been here long enough to know the characteristics of someone who is and who isnt being, whats the word, A SPAMMER....A TROLLER....:eek::lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom