Problems with Philharmagic 7/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Chaos

askmike1 said:
Most if not all the pre-recorded ones now have it. Universe of Energy has a new one (it used to be a CM talking) in English & Spanish. For Voyage of the Little Mermaid, the CM says it in English and then they have a recording in Spanish and some other language. For Magic Carpets, the Genie says the directions in Spanish. I know not all attractions have this, but Disney is adding it little by little. The only one I don't like is UoE because it is too corny and covers up the best part of the music.

I have seen families wearing these big red headsets but not tourgroups. I think if Tour Groups continue to get a lot of complaints, Disney should run the groups themeselves.

-Michael

OK.. I never caught on to the other language speils... But it is a good idea for Disney to add this.. I don't knoe if this is catering to foreigners who don't understad English, but at least that won't be an excuse... When the speil comes on in their language, they hear it, they then know what to do... If the problem continues, then something more drastic has to be done... But, this would solve the I DONT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH problem...

captcanada

Mark_E said:
Why dont you try going to Disneyland Paris and then you will understand how it feels. I went once and the cms could hardly speak any english at all.

I don't doubt it.
I personally, will not visit a country unless I can
A) Speak THEIR language
or
B) Have someone with me who can.

Period.

If I go to Germany (and I'd like to), I WILL learn German.
Just my thoughts.

But, this is coming from a Canadian who has never set foot in Quebec.

Glasgow

Don't fool yourself - every culture has rude people. It's got nothing to do with race, religion or color.

Ever drive on the interstate in LA, Atlanta or Boston?

Mmmeredith

Glasgow said:
Don't fool yourself - every culture has rude people. It's got nothing to do with race, religion or color.

Don't know if this post is intended at me?!? This is the first time that race, religion, and color have been brought up in this thread, to the best of my knowledge. I think we should keep the focus on language and culture. I'm not trying to say that there are no rude Brazilians (in fact, I explicitly stated that some are probably rude on purpose). What I am saying is that some of what we perceive as rudeness in interpersonal interactions could be because of culture and language differences, and it is important to be aware of that.

I fully agree that the tour guides should speak English and translate for the group. Otherwise it seems that they are just taking people's money and getting a free trip to boot!

I am very curious how long people think it takes to "learn" a language before they travel. I've been studying Spanish as long as the public school system would allow me (10 years...almost half my life) and while I would be able to communicate adequately, there would still be plenty of instances in which I wouldn't understand. Fluency often requires time spent in total immersion (like going to the country). So, we can logically expect those who "learn" English before coming to the US to still have some problems, especially considering the fact that English is one of the more difficult languages to learn. A lot of people who know some English are embarassed to use it because they are afraid they will make a mistake and be mocked. I'm afraid this board might prove them right.

This thread is getting very redundant, so I'll leave it at that.

k8tbrown

I am just happy I got a floor show at Typhoon Lagoon last week by all the Teenage girls-not! They came in and were doing some kind of Bump-and-Grind show in the wave pool.

DreamerCM

Account Suspended
billybluenose said:
what is the population of the magic kingdom?

if i'm not mistaken, it doesn't specify who is a citizen and who is a foriegner.

walt disney intended his parks for everyone, not just the ones who speak english... and i'm pretty sure he wouldn't have condoned ankle kicking and the vandalism of automobiles.

speaking of trends: "they should behave or we will inflict physical violence upon them" is a pretty popular trend on these boards. i now understand why i see more "w" stickers on suvs in disney parking lots than anywhere else!

-billy

This is one of the most intelligent posts I have read in awhile. I usually lurk due to the extreme flaming here, but I had to say kudos to you, billybluenose.

I have often been stuck in the middle of a row due to other people in front of me stopping. Since I am in my "happy place" I am not going to yell at them to "MOVE DOWN!" so my family and I just sit down next to them. If someone kicked me I think I'd cry. Seriously, I am a very sensitive and kind person. If I was sitting and eagerly anticipating a show that I waited quite some time to see and someone kicked me while moving down the aisle (I assume HARD since he or she is doing it on purpose) I'd break down.

I think the people who are physically attacking others also need to consider the fact that this is assault. My husband is a county Sheriff and he has arrested people for less than kicking someone in the ankle! Even spitting on someone is considered assault, and the person can spend the weekend in jail over it.

But it doesn't surprise me. I lose faith in the human race a little more every day. Hearing that someone is kicking innocent people in a theatre is just terribly sad.

DreamerCM said:
This is one of the most intelligent posts I have read in awhile. I usually lurk due to the extreme flaming here, but I had to say kudos to you, billybluenose.

I have often been stuck in the middle of a row due to other people in front of me stopping. Since I am in my "happy place" I am not going to yell at them to "MOVE DOWN!" so my family and I just sit down next to them. If someone kicked me I think I'd cry. Seriously, I am a very sensitive and kind person. If I was sitting and eagerly anticipating a show that I waited quite some time to see and someone kicked me while moving down the aisle (I assume HARD since he or she is doing it on purpose) I'd break down.

I think the people who are physically attacking others also need to consider the fact that this is assault. My husband is a county Sheriff and he has arrested people for less than kicking someone in the ankle! Even spitting on someone is considered assault, and the person can spend the weekend in jail over it.

But it doesn't surprise me. I lose faith in the human race a little more every day. Hearing that someone is kicking innocent people in a theatre is just terribly sad.

well if you dont move to the end of the row, yes you do deserved to be kicked. the rows are not made for people walking down the aisle to side step people sitting. its impossible NOT to be kicked. I dont go to the magic kingdom with the intention to hurt someone, you are seriously missing the point of this thread, its the people who dont follow the rules, who make a great time just a little difficult. kind of like being in a dream and waking for a few moments.

From now on I wont kick people, I'll just fart as close to their face as possible,and then just linger there. :p

disneybabynat

oh sitting on the fence here...i woodnt kick someone for something like that its silly..maybe if someone tried hurting pinocchio then i mite have :lol: they shood have just politly asked them to move down to the end..

DreamerCM

Account Suspended
stockboy3796 said:
well if you dont move to the end of the row, yes you do deserved to be kicked. the rows are not made for people walking down the aisle to side step people sitting. its impossible NOT to be kicked. I dont go to the magic kingdom with the intention to hurt someone, you are seriously missing the point of this thread, its the people who dont follow the rules, who make a great time just a little difficult. kind of like being in a dream and waking for a few moments.

From now on I wont kick people, I'll just fart as close to their face as possible,and then just linger there. :p

You are a complete PIG. Obviously, you are not intelligent enough to read MY thread to "get the point". If you are stopped by people who have already sat in the middle of the row and you don't want to step over people or cause your mentally challenged son to have to step over people's feet and bags, then you sit your **s right down next to the people who sat in the middle of the row.

Grow up, live some life, and then worry about what's important. Choose your battles. People sitting in the middle of a row is not important enough to assault people.

Or maybe you are just mad that YOU have to sit in the worst seats at the end of the row????

DreamerCM said:
You are a complete PIG. Obviously, you are not intelligent enough to read MY thread to "get the point". If you are stopped by people who have already sat in the middle of the row and you don't want to step over people or cause your mentally challenged son to have to step over people's feet and bags, then you sit your **s right down next to the people who sat in the middle of the row.

Grow up, live some life, and then worry about what's important. Choose your battles. People sitting in the middle of a row is not important enough to assault people.

Or maybe you are just mad that YOU have to sit in the worst seats at the end of the row????

first off you never mentioned a handicapped son, second the whole point is PEOPLE SHOULD MOVE DOWN THE ROW AND NOT STOP IN THE MIDDLE THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A BAD SEAT AT PHILHARMAGIC.

I dont have to grow up or as you say "live some life", its all about being considerate to other people.

If you had read the previous post you would understand where my intention truly lie, but it seems you have a axe to grind and want to take it out on somebody, thats fine I can take it, do your worst, just dont sit down in the middle of philharmagic when you should be moving all the way down, cause you will get kicked!!!!!!

I am the stockboy, and i post here no more!!!!( this thread i mean)

imagineer boy

Geez louize! Calm down people! Why have there been so many arguments and scuffles breaking out lately?! It's getting on my nerves. Now can we all go frolic in the land of sunshine, smilies, puppies, and ponies? Please? :lol:

thank you!

DreamerCM said:

well, thank you for your post. i think it's first nice thing anyone's said about me on these boards!

mostly, they just kick me in the ankles and make rude remarks about my heritage!

-billy

... and i'm holding you to your word, stockboy!

... and i'm holding you to your word, stockboy![/QUOTE]

meaning what, ill just put you on ignore....like everyone else.LOL. :kiss:

guwag

DreamerCM said:
I lose faith in the human race a little more every day.

I lost most of my faith in the Human Race quite a while ago and I lose it even more every time I come across a thread like this.

When push comes to shove, people today seem to think that they can flaunt the rules, that they don't apply to them. Simple as that.

Stop the generalising about "foreigners" and "tourgroups", it gets us nowhere in the end. Been there, seen it many times before. What could have been a short thread about Philharmagic turns into an eight page rant that has become personal in some cases. Again.

Grow up everyone.

You may have opinions and the right to free speech but along with these rights also come responsibilities believe it or not...

btwnguy_22

Back on topic....

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but an abrupt stop of Philharmagic is sometimes caused by people in the front row. There are sensors up front that monitor the area due the to quickly rising/dropping false proscenium. If those sensors are triggered then the show does stop and has to be reset. These sensors are easily triggered too, and I think it could have been designed better. I'm not sure if they are active the whole show or only during the moments when the proscenium rises and falls. I'll have to check on that on.

As has been mentioned before, no cast member starts the show as it is on a continous loop. I also think this was poorly designed as the show starts quite often before everyone is seated and ready. If you are ever present when the show has to be reset it starts again from the very beginning and you will have to sit through the load dialogue. It's not very long...

So anyway, that might have been why the show went down.

BT

wannab@dis

DreamerCM said:

just a few things...
1. Flaming on this site? please! Go to other forums and you'll see real flaming. Doesn't even get warm around here.

2. Not moving down the row for whatever reason is not "innocent." Follow the rules and you'll enjoy things more. Karma counts.

3. The ailses were designed to fit in more seats, therefore they are very narrow. Toe stomping in a narrow ailses is an unfortunate side affect when people don't follow the rules. In fact, I'm sure they are mostly accidental, I know mine are.

disneybabynat

mitchk said:
It's those foreigners. I was going on ToT, and it took them 10min to load, simply because they did not understand the instructions. If they don't have a responsible translator, then they should not visit.:mad:

thats pretty harsh.everyone , even if they cant speak our language has the rite t o go to WDW it aint gunna kill any one a extra 10 mins waiting ... yeah it may be a bit annoying but u gotta deal with it imagine if it was in there place..

Thunder Kz

I don't agree with kicking these people, but if they aren't considerate enough to move their bags too, then they should expect some trampling, intentional or not.
I have also encountered people arrested for less than kicking. What a waste of the taxpayers' money, and what, over pride or control? Mercifully, I've never heard of anything like THAT happening at Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom