Problems with Philharmagic 7/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Chaos

I seriously doubt anyone would get arrested for kicking a person who plops themselves down in the middle of a row... Unless someone pulls their leg back and kicks very hard, most of the kicking in the ankles are accidental.. in fact, the person sitting in the middle of the row is actually at fault for not following the directions of the CM.. If the rude person wants to stay in the middle, then they can easily stand up and move their bags, if they have any, letting people pass without a kick or toe step...

DreamerCM

Account Suspended
wannab@dis said:
just a few things...
1. Flaming on this site? please! Go to other forums and you'll see real flaming. Doesn't even get warm around here.

2. Not moving down the row for whatever reason is not "innocent." Follow the rules and you'll enjoy things more. Karma counts.

3. The ailses were designed to fit in more seats, therefore they are very narrow. Toe stomping in a narrow ailses is an unfortunate side affect when people don't follow the rules. In fact, I'm sure they are mostly accidental, I know mine are.

*Sigh* this is what happens when people don't read through the posts, or they only "hear" what they want to hear.....

1. I visit about 15 Disney sites--and I have NEVER encountered any sort of hatred as I do here. (This post is a great example--I sit quiet for months and make one post and the hatred has reared its ugly head yet again).

2. I have a mentally challenged son. If you think that I am going to try and pass by the 25 people who have sat in the middle of the row just to make you "happy" then you have another thing coming. And if you kick my son on purpose while passing then there will be more than kicking going on.

3. There were at least 3-4 posts here where people ADMITTED to purposely kicking people when walking by if they sat in the middle of a row. I realize that this thread is long, but if you would have taken the time to read the posts then you would have realized that these people said they do it on purpose. That is what I was referring to.

And I want to go back to Disney? To encounter people like this? Ugh, what am I thinking????

Captain Chaos

DreamerCM, I have read your posts, and I understand where you are coming from.

You state you will not climb over people. Instead you will sit down next to them, in the middle of the row.. No one should go and kick your son, or any kid for that matter on purpose.. In fact, the people who would have sat in the middle of the row before you should suffer the hurting feet...

You jump on people here for "acting violent" by kicking someone who is rude and making things difficult for others to be seated.. Then you say if someone kicked your son more than kicking would be happening.. Sounds like you are issuing a threat of violence yourself.. In defending your son, sure.. But when you sit in the middle of the row, and people are trying to fill in ALL AVAILABLE SEATS.. then, sorry, but you should expect getting kicked or getting your toes stepped on... Was it intentional or an accident? Who knows.. But the people who fail to listen to the CMs repeated instructions to move all the way down to the end of the aisle only bring it on themselves... Just as what was stated above, the aisles are narrow... So, be prepared to have hurting ankles if you cannot follow a simple instruction and MOVE TO THE END OF THE ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and as a side note, I'd do my best to not kick a kid, but I wouldn't try to avoid the arrogant adult who should know better...

CoffeeJedi

DreamerCM said:
1. I visit about 15 Disney sites--and I have NEVER encountered any sort of hatred as I do here. (This post is a great example--I sit quiet for months and make one post and the hatred has reared its ugly head yet again).
i think he was referring to non-Disney sites, i visit alot of boards, ranging in topics like movies, cars, computers, and video games, all of them get ridiculously more flame-warry than this one. the worst have to be the video game boards, but not by much. we're taking racial epithets, questioning of one's sexuality, threats of extreme violence, the list goes on

seriously, compared to the "average" message board, a wdwmagic flame war is the equivilent of 2 fluffy bunnies hitting each other with soft downy pillows :lol: that's why its kind of refreshing to come here and get away from all the hate

oh, and as for stepping on toes? that's not really violent, shin kicking maybe, but not toe-tromping, its just counter acting rudeness with rudeness

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
guwag said:
You may have opinions and the right to free speech but along with these rights also come responsibilities believe it or not...

That is a very good point. One which sadly is missed by many people both in "the real world" and message boards of all kinds. I'd like to say that I was shocked by the unkind words and thoughts expressed in this thread, but I'm afraid I can't because it is becoming an ever increasing problem lately. Steve and I are continually encouraging people to "play nice" and it upsets me that despite that fact the WDWMagic forums seem to be developing a reputation for flame wars and nasty people. I think everyone should take some extra time to think about what they are posting before they post it!

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
mitchk said:
It's those foreigners. I was going on ToT, and it took them 10min to load, simply because they did not understand the instructions. If they don't have a responsible translator, then they should not visit.:mad:

I think a visit to a foreign country with a different language may cure you of that mindset. Having just returned from Disneyland Paris, I can say that it isn't easy to be a guest in park where there is another language spoken. Although Disney do a very good job of making it easier than it could be elsewhere. I think we need to have more patience and understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom