Problem with iphone...

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
Original Poster
I'm on my way to work this morning stuck in traffic because someone got in a wreck and I needed to call work to tell them I was going to be late and then I look at my phone and all it was doing was blinking the Apple logo over and over and when I pressed the main button on the front nothing happened. :mad: So I get to work and plug it into my computer thinking maybe it needed to be updated on itunes and at first that seemed to do the trick until I unplugged it and it went right back to doing the same thing.

Well I decided to do a system restore since I really had no choice and of course it erases everything and I am only able to back up my contacts and a few apps. All the other ones I paid for are gone...:mad:. Anyway that apparantly didn't help either because it is still doing the same thing. The weird thing is is that I can still receive calls...:shrug:

Anyone had this issue before? I guess I will have to take it into AT&T today...

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I haven't had the specific problem you describe, but first thing to do is a "restart" by holding both buttons down at the same time. That normally fixes problems. In your case I think it's more serious and an Apple visit is in store.

With a restart you don't lose everything you've loaded.

EDIT: You have to hold both buttons a long time, the screen will go black and then the Apple symbol will show

TurboCaroline

Original Poster
I haven't had the specific problem you describe, but first thing to do is a "restart" by holding both buttons down at the same time. That normally fixes problems. In your case I think it's more serious and an Apple visit is in store.

With a restart you don't lose everything you've loaded.

EDIT: You have to hold both buttons a long time, the screen will go black and then the Apple symbol will show
That didn't help either...well at least I am still under the year warranty...:rolleyes:

WDWFREAK53

Umm, all of your apps store in itunes. Wherever your main iTunes account is, your apps are.

If you're not hooked up to iTunes at the time, you can go into the app store and go to the app you already purchased. When you go to download it, you have the option to "redownload" it and it's at no extra cost.

Did you try a full restart like Monty suggested?

TurboCaroline

Original Poster
Umm, all of your apps store in itunes. Wherever your main iTunes account is, your apps are.

If you're not hooked up to iTunes at the time, you can go into the app store and go to the app you already purchased. When you go to download it, you have the option to "redownload" it and it's at no extra cost.

Did you try a full restart like Monty suggested?

I went to the AT&T store and they said that I had to call Apple. There was nothing they could do so I am getting another phone Fed-Exed to me tomorrow and sending mine back. It would have been a $30 shipping fee but I signed up for an additional year warranty for $73 so that fee was waived...

The lady over the phone told me about the itunes thing. I had no idea that once I paid for something that I can just redownload it...that's a relief since I just bought the MLB home plate 2009 app for $9.99...gotta keep up with the Cubs..:lol: But to answer your question Brian the girl at the AT&T store did do the restart thing but to no avail...:(

Flush it and get a PalmPre, or BlackBerry :lookaroun

:lol::lookaroun:p;)

Heck no...:lol:

EpcoTim

Mine now does that. It will come back and start working, but its pretty much useless, so I have to catch it when it unlocks itself and then do a 2 button reset and then im good for a couple hours. My favorite is how it drops all my wifi passwords and itunes library everytime it does it.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Mine now does that. It will come back and start working, but its pretty much useless, so I have to catch it when it unlocks itself and then do a 2 button reset and then im good for a couple hours. My favorite is how it drops all my wifi passwords and itunes library everytime it does it.
Time to request a replacement....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom