"Princess and the Frog"?

_Scar

I'm surprised there's no Mama Odie in the parks. I bet they could make quite a cool and unique costume to fit her size restrictons.

palmickey420

honestly i think people of all ages would know SotS more than PatF in about a year or 2 cause kids everywhere know Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Da more than most other disney songs

the-reason14

Well I would hope that people remember Princess and the Frog and its characters in the years to come, the same way they remember or know snow white, cinderalla, the little mermaid, etc. as a disney princess. If people do forget, or if disney forgets, I hope people and disney also forget cinderalla and the rest.

Animaniac93-98

Well I would hope that people remember Princess and the Frog and its characters in the years to come, the same way they remember or know snow white, cinderalla, the little mermaid, etc. as a disney princess. If people do forget, or if disney forgets, I hope people and disney also forget cinderalla and the rest.

Try telling Eilonwy this.

_Scar

honestly i think people of all ages would know SotS more than PatF in about a year or 2 cause kids everywhere know Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Da more than most other disney songs

But kids don't really know SotS even exists and I'd imagine they think the song comes from the ride. :lol:

AREM

sirgooft should change his name to IMO (in my opnion) because he doesn't really know anything

I tend to agree here, at least on this topic.

How anyone would think that young kids today would know SotS, and no know or remember PatF is beyond me. It was an amazing movie, and a worthy entry into the Disney canon. And I absolutely enjoyed the soundtrack. I don't see why everyone is so down on the music. I thought Randy Newman did a fantastic job.

And lastly, 100% yes to a PatF ride!!!

SirGoofy

I tend to agree here, at least on this topic.

How anyone would think that young kids today would know SotS, and no know or remember PatF is beyond me. It was an amazing movie, and a worthy entry into the Disney canon. And I absolutely enjoyed the soundtrack. I don't see why everyone is so down on the music. I thought Randy Newman did a fantastic job.

It was an amazing movie that was mainly ignored by the general public. Considering Alvin and the Chipmunks more than doubled its take in less time.

And a PatF ride isn't gonna happen.

A ride based on Princess and frog would be great in paris but i wouldnt make it a splash mountain clone, the main reason is you would only want to ride it from May to October after that you dont want to get wet with the temperature Paris. the recent winter weather you could have replaced the logs with a tabogan and made it a Cool Runnings ride. i dont think they will ever put a Splash Mt in Paris.

Figment632

I have to chim in on this one. In my opinion most guests have no clue who the characters are from Song of the South. Splash Mountain to them is just a water ride.

Thank You!

We watched the show on Wonderful World of Disney!

That hasn't been on in how long?

THe movie hasn't been available in 20 years, people know the songs but not the characters.

It was an amazing movie that was mainly ignored by the general public. Considering Alvin and the Chipmunks more than doubled its take in less time.

And a PatF ride isn't gonna happen.

It just came out in Europe a week ago so we don't know how big it will be there.

Juliaz3

Original Poster
It was an amazing movie, and a worthy entry into the Disney canon. And I absolutely enjoyed the soundtrack. I don't see why everyone is so down on the music. I thought Randy Newman did a fantastic job.

I'm really surprised that most posters think "PatF" will just disappear. Perhaps they understand Disney marketing (or failure of marketing?) better than I. PatF isn't even out on DVD yet. A lot of parents simply wait for DVD now rather than taking kids to the expensive movie theater. I'm not saying PatF is going to suddenly find a huge audience as a DVD release, but seeing it on DVD and Disney channels, I'm sure many children will enjoy it. Why would Disney take the characters out of the park so soon? It will be the highlight of my trip if I get to see Remy, Ray, or Mama Odie!

And yes, I can see a dark ride based on the chase through the bayou!

Animaniac93-98

And I absolutely enjoyed the soundtrack. I don't see why everyone is so down on the music. I thought Randy Newman did a fantastic job.

If "everyone is so down on the music" might that indicate a general consensus that it isn't very popular? It's fine if you like it, but I don't see any song at the top of the charts or getting award nominations.

A lot of parents simply wait for DVD now rather than taking kids to the expensive movie theater.

So, that's how Up and Alvin made more than $200 million at the domestic box office, right? Frog wasn't among the top 5 grossing animated films for the year of 2009 because people didn't want to see it, plain and simple.

And why must everyone insist on redoing Splash Mountain? If it 'aint broke, don't fix it! I guarantee you all the reason for it's appeal to the average MK guest is the thrill aspect (especially since there are about 3 real thrill attractions in the park) and the clever design in allowing you to see the final drop as you walk by the mountain.

If people didn't rush to go see Frog in theatres why would they run to go see a ride? And beyond changng what's sold in the gift shop, what incentitive is there for Disney to spend the large sum in capital required to change the ride's theme? Never mind that it would probably have an even lesser connection with Frontierland than Splash does now.

I think everyone here should wait a bit before insisting Disney should build a ride based on it's latest animated feature.

WDWPrincess87

i thought it was a great movie!! except for the slight "racial" tendencies (sp?) here and there it was pretty good. classic disney which was great. and if anyone else noticed, they made reference to different disney movies throught the film! it was great pointing it out lol.but yea i agree i can see a ride from the movie too lol. cant wait!!! i have a feeling tho it might be like mr. toad. who knows! very exciting :):sohappy::ROFLOL::slurp:

MKCP 1985

I don't know anything either, but expect the Disney Co. to keep Princess Tiana in the public consciousness. It would be really surprising if this movie goes away like such movies as Brother Bear or Home on the Range. It is too important to Disney going forward to have a princess with whom their young African American female demographic can identify - and Princess Tiana is a great role model, as far as princesses go! People of all races can easily identify with her. :king:

That doesn't mean Princess and the Frog would have any effect on Splash Mountain. Whether people today and tomorrow make a connection with the movie, Song of the South is almost beside the point. Few kids have seen "The Adventures of Mr. Toad" but still enjoy the ride at Disneyland. More likely, Princess Tiana would someday find her place in the Disney princess meet and greets.

I felt lucky to get a photo earlier this month with Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen and Louis the 'gator during the Disney Marathon. :D It would have been nice to see the riverboat show, but sadly, it had already been discontinued by then.

RUMOR: Don't write off the show just yet - it may return in some form. :lookaroun

Figment632

I don't know anything either, but expect the Disney Co. to keep Princess Tiana in the public consciousness. It would be really surprising if this movie goes away like such movies as Brother Bear or Home on the Range. It is too important to Disney going forward to have a princess with whom their young African American female demographic can identify - and Princess Tiana is a great role model, as far as princesses go! People of all races can easily identify with her. :king:

That doesn't mean Princess and the Frog would have any effect on Splash Mountain. Whether people today and tomorrow make a connection with the movie, Song of the South is almost beside the point. Few kids have seen "The Adventures of Mr. Toad" but still enjoy the ride at Disneyland. More likely, Princess Tiana would someday find her place in the Disney princess meet and greets.

I felt lucky to get a photo earlier this month with Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen and Louis the 'gator during the Disney Marathon. :D It would have been nice to see the riverboat show, but sadly, it had already been discontinued by then.

RUMOR: Don't write off the show just yet - it may return in some form. :lookaroun

Again read the whole thread no one said anything about it effecting Splash mountain in WDW, DL, or TDL. DLP doesn't have a SPlash Mounatin at all, it has been rumored that the park could get it soon so the DLP SLM could be P&TF is what I was saying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom