Primeval Whirl

WDWspider

Originally posted by rokcandy
I don't expect all their rides to have top-notch theming.

:( That's a sad realization of the Modern Disney Corporation. Yep - I view them as a corporation now. :eek:

DCA, Dino-rama, and even the Disneyland Paris Studios have all been proof positive of the cheaper Disney. Heck.... even Winnie the Pooh, Flying Carpets, and Buzz have traces of this new era. However... Philharmagic and Expedition Everest seem to be an unexpected turn for the better, but we shall see.

Subpar NEVER use to be acceptable at Disney. :brick:

BRER STITCH

I say "GO FOR IT!"

I'm not a big fan of thrill park rides for the same reasons you mentioned...the "plummet factor", though I DO like Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain at WDW!

Bought "off the shelf" or not, Primevil Whirl is FUN! I think the "plummets" are very mild compared to other rides, and the spinning is all a matter of weight distribution on the ride, just like the "Tilt-a-Whirl" ride.

The spinning is not "controlled", or "programmed", but merely a matter of weight distribution in your car. For a more intense ride, everyone can even lean into the turn to make it spin faster. :hurl:

What me and my friend do, to minimize the spinning, is to sit in the 2 outside seats to evenly distribute the ride weight so it does not spin as much. It works for us and we have a good time!

TRY IT! IT'S FUN!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

MerHearted

Original Poster
Originally posted by BRER STITCH
I say "GO FOR IT!"

I'm not a big fan of thrill park rides for the same reasons you mentioned...the "plummet factor", though I DO like Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain at WDW!

Bought "off the shelf" or not, Primevil Whirl is FUN! I think the "plummets" are very mild compared to other rides, and the spinning is all a matter of weight distribution on the ride, just like the "Tilt-a-Whirl" ride.

The spinning is not "controlled", or "programmed", but merely a matter of weight distribution in your car. For a more intense ride, everyone can even lean into the turn to make it spin faster. :hurl:

What me and my friend do, to minimize the spinning, is to sit in the 2 outside seats to evenly distribute the ride weight so it does not spin as much. It works for us and we have a good time!

TRY IT! IT'S FUN!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Well, it's not really my choice that I can't go on these rides. I'm not afraid of them. It's my body. I dunno, something weird happens when I plummet. It's not very pleasant. :(

WDWspider

I think the "plummets" are very mild compared to other rides,

Again I ask...

Aren't these the same hills found on Space Mountain? They are not big, but with the exception of the dark factor vs. spin factor, they are nearly the same type of tracks, right? If you would not ride SM, then PW shouldn't be much different, and if you ride PW, then you should try SM and vice versa I think. :)

BRER STITCH

Originally posted by WDWspider
Again I ask...Aren't these the same hills found on Space Mountain?

I have no idea! Is this true SPIDEY???

I was comparing it more to the drops on Splash and Big Thunder.
Since He rides Big Thunder, I think this would be OK too by comparison.

Now you've got me wondering......maybe you'll need to start a new thread so we can find out about those Space Mountain hills and how they compare to the PW ones. Interesting thought!

:)

careship

My kids went on it last week and I have one who has recently become motion sick easily. (M:S almost needed a clean-up crew, same with astro orbitor and tea cups) They liked it thought it was cool. However, something went wrong or broke cause they got nailed by another car at the end. Luckily, they didn't get hurt, just a huge headache. It was a fluke though. They really liked it. I can do any ride, but I didn't ride that one. I had a headache and went to get a spot for the parade.

WDWspider

I have no idea! Is this true SPIDEY???

I was comparing it more to the drops on Splash and Big Thunder.
Since He rides Big Thunder, I think this would be OK too by comparison.

Now you've got me wondering......maybe you'll need to start a new thread so we can find out about those Space Mountain hills and how they compare to the PW ones. Interesting thought!

:)

What?! A new thread? :rolleyes:

Stitch, you rascal. :lol:

Big Thunder doesn't even have drops to my recollection. I was saying you should try SM since you never have before, especially since you have rode PW. I already answered Vince.

Lee

Adventurer
The tallest drop on Space Mountain is approx. 21 feet. It's not steep, though, so plummet is not a word I would use.

Whirl's highest drop is shorter, more like 12-15 feet.

rokcandy

Originally posted by WDWspider
:( That's a sad realization of the Modern Disney Corporation. Yep - I view them as a corporation now. :eek:

DCA, Dino-rama, and even the Disneyland Paris Studios have all been proof positive of the cheaper Disney. Heck.... even Winnie the Pooh, Flying Carpets, and Buzz have traces of this new era. However... Philharmagic and Expedition Everest seem to be an unexpected turn for the better, but we shall see.

Subpar NEVER use to be acceptable at Disney. :brick:

Yes, I wish I didn't have to say that, but as I saw Disney move farther into the commercial venue as I grew out of childhood, I began to get used to it. :( Sometimes I wish I could be able to go back in time and experience how WDW was when I was a toddler...

CrisKennedy

Originally posted by Lee
Call me crazy, but I kinda like PW. It makes me laugh.:lol:

Me too. the first I rode it I was laughing almost the entire time. My husband and I love it. It's one ride we love riding over and over again.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Lee
The tallest drop on Space Mountain is approx. 21 feet. It's not steep, though, so plummet is not a word I would use.

Whirl's highest drop is shorter, more like 12-15 feet.

The biggest drop has to be at least 20 feet on Primeval Whirl...official stats from Reverchon:

Track length: 1377 feet
Highest point: 49 feet
Top Speed: 20 mph

If it's 49 feet tall at its highest point, that 2nd drop has to be at least 20-25 feet...here's a pic of a cheaper version:

http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery575.htm?Picture=1

That 2nd drop is certainly more than 15 feet...regardless, this ride is what it is--not an E-Ride, but a fun filler attraction, which is what Animal Kingdom needs--not just E-Rides, but C- or D- ticket rides like Primeval Whirl.

Lovecraft

My wife (Shimmyr here) does not like drops either. She hated PW and said she will never ride it again.

I do not recommend it if you do not ride Splash Mountain, ToT, or Space Mountain.

FYI, Shimmyr rides Big Thunder Mountain, but, like you, will not ride the three listed above.

MerHearted

Original Poster
What's the ride with a shortest drop? I'm thinking maybe I can test myself out on a small drop and see how it goes.

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by MerHearted
What's the ride with a shortest drop? I'm thinking maybe I can test myself out on a small drop and see how it goes.

How about the Barnstormer?

WDWspider

Originally posted by Lee
How about the Barnstormer?

Awesome Idea.

I think PW would be the next one to try before SM. The darkness kinda adds more intensity to that ride even though it's mostly in your mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom