Primeval Whirl

MerHearted

Original Poster
Is this an intense ride? I can't go on anything that plummets so it bums me out that I can't ride stuff like Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, or Tower of Terror. But does Primeval Whirl have steep drops? What is it like? Maybe I can go on that.

Lee

Adventurer
The drops on PW aren't tall, but during many of them you are spinning around. It's pretty crazy. Not for the faint of heart.

disneydudette

Can you handle those "wild mouse" coasters on the boardwalks and at carnivals?

Its identical to those...with the added bonus of constantly spinning...
there are steap drops and hills...not large...but they're still there...

wannabeBelle

I didnt find the drops intense at all. The spinning can really get to you though. If you get a really good car.....OH MY. Then again I was born dizzy so it doesnt have much effect on me!!!!:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :D

WDWspider

Aren't the drops on Space Mountain about the same, if you don't ride Space Mountain, then PW may not be for you.

On the bright side... PW is fully visible so it will be easy for you to decide once you visit Dino-rama.

MerHearted

Original Poster
*sigh* I guess I can cross that off the list. So far, it seems the only thrill ride I can go on is Big Thunder. :(

s25843

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
I didnt find the drops intense at all. The spinning can really get to you though. If you get a really good car.....OH MY. Then again I was born dizzy so it doesnt have much effect on me!!!!:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :D

There are no "Good Cars" The spinning is all controlled by Controls that are on the tracks. So the spinning is all preset :)

WDWspider

Originally posted by MerHearted
*sigh* I guess I can cross that off the list. So far, it seems the only thrill ride I can go on is Big Thunder. :(

Dinosaur is quite a thrill with no drops.

Test track also.

You should be able to enjoy both of those alot... my non-coaster riding nephew really did. In fact Test Track became his favorite ride ever cause he has never got to ride things like coasters and such. He would not even consider BTM.

In my opinion (not shared by all) you are not missing anything by missing PW. :rolleyes:

cuteypatooty78

Originally posted by MerHearted

Don't worry MerHearted, I can't ride any thrill rides so thats great you can ride Big Thunder! :)

MerHearted

Original Poster
Originally posted by WDWspider
Dinosaur is quite a thrill with no drops.

Test track also.

You should be able to enjoy both of those alot... my non-coaster riding nephew really did. In fact Test Track became his favorite ride ever cause he has never got to ride things like coasters and such. He would not even consider BTM.

In my opinion (not shared by all) you are not missing anything by missing PW. :rolleyes:

Thanks! :)

disneydudette

its not the drops the get me...
nor the hills...
or the spinning...
Its getting stuck next to that one big guy...you know...the "big" guy...whose like a huge teddy bear at heart...but is a brick when he slams into you that first turn....
I always seem to get stuck next to one of them...

Bagheera

Originally posted by disneydudette
its not the drops the get me...
nor the hills...
or the spinning...
Its getting stuck next to that one big guy...you know...the "big" guy...whose like a huge teddy bear at heart...but is a brick when he slams into you that first turn....
I always seem to get stuck next to one of them...

Hey, I resemble that remark! (That's why I usually try to get the outside seat, out of respect for anyone who may be riding with me.)

Dwarful

In my family they call the Primeval Whirl "The Hurl A Whirl". I just cant handle that ride or the tea cups. I have just come to the realization of that fact. I tried it in 2002 and it nearly ruined the day for me and a few other families! So for me, I'll be staying off the Hurl A Whirl while dad takes the kids on, I'll sit off w/the little one!

rokcandy

Originally posted by Lee
Call me crazy, but I kinda like PW. It makes me laugh.:lol:

Same here; I was laughing like crazy when I rode it last trip. Mind you it isn't exactly what you expect @ WDW, since it seems so carnival-ish, but hey, it brought my mom, sis, and me together...we were giggling so much. :lol: If Disney can give us a good time together, that's good enough - I don't expect all their rides to have top-notch theming.

BTW, my mom will only ride BTMRR out of all the thrill rides @ WDW, and she was able to handle PW. But I know it's different for everyone. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom