News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

UNCgolf

I agree - people talk about The Excavator like it was some great lost attraction, but I've never understood the hype about a relatively bare-bones (no pun intended) wood frame Roller Coaster at Animal Kingdom. Primeval Whirl was basically the same thing, just a different flavor. And perhaps a bit more headache-inducing.

In a Pre-Everest AK I can see the appeal, but I feel like we're past the point of it being an exciting add. Give me a richly themed attraction over a new Coaster at Animal Kingdom any day. The park needs more meat than another cheap thrill can offer.

I thought I was the only one who felt this way about the Excavator, considering I still see people asking about it/agitating for it. It would have been nice to have in the early years of the park when there just wasn't much else to do, but I don't really understand why people still want it now. As you said, it's just a lightly themed roller coaster. They can do much better.

Last edited:

James Alucobond

How about the old Indiana Jones plan or Ta Lo from Shang-Chi?

Or, dare I say it, Zootopia.
With the direction Hollywood Studios is going, further Indiana Jones stuff should be reserved for the Echo Lake area, in my opinion. Could easily transition from the golden age of Hollywood to 30s Shanghai from Temple of Doom, with Club Obi Wan as a transitional restaurant near Star Tours.

JoeCamel

For now, yes. This is on the map. Not sure why you need somewhere to sit there and eat, though.

To keep it in theme, there will be picnic benches with fake warped and splintered wood with painted-in ketchup and bird dropping stains.
Man, they have a longer term plan than the chinese do, they methodically remove all the benches in the world and bring this on as a seating area sparkling new offering, took the Bobs decades to pull this off. Maybe the play pavilion can be marketed with the same dollar?

OG Runner

Man, they have a longer term plan than the chinese do, they methodically remove all the benches in the world and bring this on as a seating area sparkling new offering, took the Bobs decades to pull this off. Maybe the play pavilion can be marketed with the same dollar?
It is the subtlety of the theming that is truly impressive.

Brer Panther

However, outside of Nemo, I'm not sure what other IP they would use, assuming that it has to have an IP attached. Rescuers Down Under doesn't seem likely.
Disney should make another animated movie taking place in the outback. I'm not just saying that so we can finally get an Australia land at Disney's Animal Kingdom, it'd be really cool to see what they can do with Australian animals in the CGI Disney art style.

pdude81

Disney should make another animated movie taking place in the outback. I'm not just saying that so we can finally get an Australia land at Disney's Animal Kingdom, it'd be really cool to see what they can do with Australian animals in the CGI Disney art style.
If only they had just released "Back to the Outback" instead of Netflix, it'd be all good. Then again, if you don't have Netflix you might not have noticed, so they can go big on that front.

OG Runner

The dingo got my baby. This time the animal parents survive.

Fox&Hound

Looking at the map for AK it is wild to me just how spread out this park is when you consider how far away Pandora, Dinosaur, Everest, and the safari are from one another. The other parks feel more concentrated with rides whereas AK always feels like lots of walking to get to one attraction. Hahah does this make sense? Just saying, it would be nice if Dinoland was replaced with a few smaller rides rather than again another massive E-ticket. I vote for South America (could be some interesting animal additions) and they can add Up which already has a presence in the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom