News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

Bocabear

One could only hope....

2042...lol...but most likely true... Minimum of 5 years to build anything new...especially if they have to do a concept and design.
We need something else epic and fresh

ToTBellHop

Is it safe to say that if the spinner goes, the carnival games are toast as well?
Dino-Rama won’t remain, regardless. Thank goodness. The spinner look would change, which is easy to do with this ride system. I hope they don’t trash it. The ride system is fine and there’s nothing wrong with having them for little kids. As suggested, send it to DHS if they don’t want to keep it at DAK.

pdude81

Dino-Rama won’t remain, regardless. Thank goodness. The spinner look would change, which is easy to do with this ride system. I hope they don’t trash it. The ride system is fine and there’s nothing wrong with having them for little kids. As suggested, send it to DHS if they don’t want to keep it at DAK.
I don't mind Dinorama, but I don't have a great attachment to it either. After seeing all the hate for it here and then going to Universal this summer, I was surprised to see at least 2 such offerings over there. It would make sense to chop up everything at once though since they have other pathways to work with.

ToTBellHop

I don't mind Dinorama, but I don't have a great attachment to it either. After seeing all the hate for it here and then going to Universal this summer, I was surprised to see at least 2 such offerings over there. It would make sense to chop up everything at once though since they have other pathways to work with.
There is simply no reason to keep it with the coaster gone. It is a waste of space, now. They know DAK needs something now that it has been 4 years since Pandora and they love replacing over expanding.

Will it be dino themed or a new land?

UNCgolf

There is simply no reason to keep it with the coaster gone. It is a waste of space, now. They know DAK needs something now that it has been 4 years since Pandora and they love replacing over expanding.

I just hope they don't lazily add yet another coaster -- that would be three in a row, unless something else is built in the interval (which seems unlikely). Do something different.

pdude81

Interesting. I assumed the boneyard would stay and as such the whole thing would need to be Dinosaur themed. But the bonyard can fit kind of anywhere as a dig site since Dinosaur fossils are found everywhere. Certainly anywhere we might encounter Dr. Jones. I just hope they don't send the spinner over to Pandora for an Ikran ride and cheapen the place.

UNCgolf

I just hope they don't send the spinner over to Pandora for an Ikran ride and cheapen the place.

Ugh, why would you even say this? That would be disastrous.

I can't think of anywhere in Pandora where they could even put a spinner, though, so that seems unlikely.

TikibirdLand

Ugh, why would you even say this? That would be disastrous.

I can't think of anywhere in Pandora where they could even put a spinner, though, so that seems unlikely.
Well, we know they need something here pronto. How about keeping the "carnival" theme and building a wild mouse ride? Maybe theme it to the end of the Cretaceous period. What if the dinosaurs knew they were all about to die? They could throw a party, kinda like we do for New Years. Put clocks everywhere and have the dinos watching them. Oh, a good name for this ride might be Countdown to Extinction. It'll be great!

ToTBellHop

Interesting. I assumed the boneyard would stay and as such the whole thing would need to be Dinosaur themed. But the bonyard can fit kind of anywhere as a dig site since Dinosaur fossils are found everywhere. Certainly anywhere we might encounter Dr. Jones. I just hope they don't send the spinner over to Pandora for an Ikran ride and cheapen the place.
Imagine this:
C301CD7B-F820-4AC8-8FD5-E72A07A3FAD5.jpeg

You seal off two access points to Dino-Rama and Dinoland stays with Boneyard and a meandering path toward Dinosaur by way of Restaurantosaurus. You can turn left at the entrance to Dinoland to instead walk over to a newly themed area. Keep the “secret” connection to Dinosaur. Ideally the new area complements the theater and amphitheater next door.

TikibirdLand

Imagine this:
View attachment 607760
You seal off two access points to Dino-Rama and Dinoland stays with Boneyard and a meandering path toward Dinosaur by way of Restaurantosaurus. You can turn left at the entrance to Dinoland to instead walk over to a newly themed area. Keep the “secret” connection to Dinosaur. Ideally the new area complements the theater and amphitheater next door.
Sorry. I'm a bit lost... what are we building here? Besides paths, that is.

pdude81

Imagine this:
View attachment 607760

94c5927e4343c77e115b591689c99478.jpg

yensidtlaw1969

I just hope they don't lazily add yet another coaster -- that would be three in a row, unless something else is built in the interval (which seems unlikely). Do something different.
I agree - people talk about The Excavator like it was some great lost attraction, but I've never understood the hype about a relatively bare-bones (no pun intended) wood frame Roller Coaster at Animal Kingdom. Primeval Whirl was basically the same thing, just a different flavor. And perhaps a bit more headache-inducing.

In a Pre-Everest AK I can see the appeal, but I feel like we're past the point of it being an exciting add. Give me a richly themed attraction over a new Coaster at Animal Kingdom any day. The park needs more meat than another cheap thrill can offer.

SoFloMagic

Imagine this:
View attachment 607760
So you replace dinorama with a Nemo land? Crushs coaster and a Nemo spinner?

doctornick

The implication seems to be that the area in Blue would perhaps be mostly sealed off from Dinosaur and the Boneyard (leaving them to be Dinoland USA alone) and instead become its own, new Land:

View attachment 607761

Is that correct, @ToTBellHop?

Yes, that is what seems to be implied. Combining it with the Nemo theater as well.

An obvious answer there would be to make it Australia/Oceana themed. Probably wouldn't have any live animals - though maybe they could add in a few smaller species. I could see the spinner kept but rethemed since DAK needs all the rides it can get, but them using the rest of the plot for a larger attraction.

However, outside of Nemo, I'm not sure what other IP they would use, assuming that it has to have an IP attached. Rescuers Down Under doesn't seem likely. Could be more Nemo with Crush's Coaster or something else. Maybe if it's a broader Oceana, you might use Moana and do some variant of Fire Mountain?

pdude81

Yes, that is what seems to be implied. Combining it with the Nemo theater as well.

An obvious answer there would be to make it Australia/Oceana themed. Probably wouldn't have any live animals - though maybe they could add in a few smaller species. I could see the spinner kept but rethemed since DAK needs all the rides it can get, but them using the rest of the plot for a larger attraction.

However, outside of Nemo, I'm not sure what other IP they would use, assuming that it has to have an IP attached. Rescuers Down Under doesn't seem likely. Could be more Nemo with Crush's Coaster or something else. Maybe if it's a broader Oceana, you might use Moana and do some variant of Fire Mountain?
Silenzio Bruno!

Disney Maddux

How about the old Indiana Jones plan or Ta Lo from Shang-Chi?

Or, dare I say it, Zootopia.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom