News Primeval Whirl at Disney's Animal Kingdom experiencing extended downtime

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I like it well enough. I wouldn't shed a tear if it were closed and replaced by something better, but I think it's a reasonable fun amusing ride. Triceratops Spin I think it the bigger disappointment as it is both nonsensical and boring. And I also have an issue with Dino Rama having only two rides when having another 1-2 s

I think Primeval Whirl is far better than the row of boring generic carnival rides at Paradise Pier in DCA

Yep. It's why I still wish they'd just transplant Tricertops Spin to DHS's Toy Story Playland. It'd fit right in with the other carny trash rides.
And FWIW, Primeval Whirl would have made a great "Alien Swirling Saucers"... Oh well. What to do with Primeval Whirl? Demo? Keep it?
MK's Adventureland is due for a coaster. Relocate? I'm good either way with this coaster.

Brad Bishop

It's a standard spinning wild mouse guys. How can there be extended downtime... for a wild mouse?

Worst case you spend a few $$$ and just buy another one from a passing by fair. I don't get it, either.

Maybe they figured out that a carnival ride isn't up to Disney standards.

Squishy

For some reason I have a feeling they will just leave this ride to sit & rot until the land eventually gets replaced or a refurb.

ToTBellHop

This is my hope:

wdwfan4ver

Not sure if this means anything but the site calendar shows that it will be up and running by late Sep.
The site Calendar may not mean a thing in this case. Disney did not officially delayed the attraction passed the September date. Thndrmtnrder was not the only person that received an email the ride is now unavailable in the part of October. Corless's website claims many of his readers have received the same email as Thndrmtnrder, but with it being on October 4th and October 11th.

DisneyDebRob

Has anyone been in the AK yesterday or going today to actually give us a update on whether they are working on PW? Or is it just sitting quietly saying “Bye,Bye”? If there is actual workers in or around it, maybe we could possibly put the rumor of it closing for good to rest?

lazyboy97o

Could that be as simple as waiting for parts?
It could be, but they’re two separate rides. It seems odd that a single part would close down the ride unless both were deemed unusable at the same time. They’re also fairly stock rides, so a parts shortage seems odd as well. Waiting out an investigation out of caution would explain no visible work, both sides being down and the timeline.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom