PRIDE: Community

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No

NiarrNDisney

NiarrNDisney

My friends and I went to two vigils here in Colorado Springs tonight to show our love and support for our community and the victims of the Club Q tragedy. As I'm sure everyone can expect they were emotional and people were on edge. I feel especially so at the vigil that was held in a park downtown where everyone including myself seemed to be checking anyone that walked by to make sure they weren't hiding weapons, though luckily there were police present so it made it feel a little safer. The locals from all walks of life joined us to remember those lost, share stories and representatives from agencies spoke of the resources that are available to everyone and anyone in need. Its going to be a while for our LGBTQIA+ community here to heal but it has to start somewhere and I am glad to have felt so much love and support from others where usually you don't always feel they have your back. Love one another!

Attachments

• Vigil 1.jpg
    Vigil 1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Vigil.jpg
    Vigil.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Did you see her in Hello My Name is Doris? Same director and great movie.
No but thank you. I missed that one but just put it on my wayyyyyy too long Hulu watch list. This time of year it's hard to watch anything I want to because the boys are always wanting to watch holiday movies with me:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove: That said I'M NOT COMPLAINING because they still want to spend time with me. I get 4 weeks a year of togetherness and chores done without too much complaining:hilarious:

BuddyThomas

No but thank you. I missed that one but just put it on my wayyyyyy too long Hulu watch list. This time of year it's hard to watch anything I want to because the boys are always wanting to watch holiday movies with me:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove: That said I'M NOT COMPLAINING because they still want to spend time with me. I get 4 weeks a year of togetherness and chores done without too much complaining:hilarious:

BuddyThomas

OMG it looks hilarious! I may be able to talk James into watching it. Fingers crossed by the end of the year!
I’ve seen it several times. I’m not usually a Sally Field fan but she is so great in this as an older woman with a major crush on a younger man. She was nominated for a bunch of awards for this but I forget if she won anything.

BuddyThomas

Variety - The Best Films of 2022

Number 4 - BROS

“If the first gay romantic comedy from a major studio had merely been a gay gloss on a Tom Hanks-Meg Ryan rom-com of the ’90s (“Sleepless in Provincetown”? “You’ve Got Male”?), it’s unclear whether even thatwould have ignited the box office. But guess what? The movie is so much funnier, sharper, richer, bolder and more audaciously observant than that. Billy Eichner, who co-wrote the film, infuses “Bros” with his literate acid wit, and he plays the most entertaining brainiac romantic dyspeptic since the heyday of Woody Allen. Entwined in the tale of Bobby (Eichner), a New York podcast host, and Aaron (Luke Macfarlane), an estate lawyer too sexy for his job, is a full-on comic vision of gay romantic life in the 21st century. The characters may be looking for love, but they keep getting tripped up by the hookup culture they’ve created as a kind of playground — a culture the film both celebrates and scaldingly satirizes. Eichner and his co-writer and director, Nicholas Stoller, root “Bros” in Hollywood tropes, but the movie’s secret weapon is its unconventional ideology: its embrace of the idea that gay culture and straight culture have very different ways to court and spark.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom