PRIDE: Community

BuddyThomas

Oh my gosh, that's a great line! I have to remember that one. Thank you for the afternoon laugh! 🤣

Bingo. ;)

Assuming all 2 million are actual humans and not bots (a big assumption), Mr. Eichner needs to get more of his Twitter followers to buy a movie ticket to Bros ASAP. So far, only 1 Million people have bought a ticket to see Bros, in a nation with 230 Million adults.

Assuming that 10% of those 230 Million American adults are 2SLGBTQQIA+, that's 23 Million of us. Assuming audiences were 100% gay and the straights stayed away entirely, only 4% of 2SLGBTQQIA+ Americans bought a ticket to Bros in the last 19 days.

If the audience mix for Bros was more like 25% straight, which is more likely, that means less than 3% of 2SLGBTQQIA+ Americans bought a ticket to Bros.

Americans Over Age 18 in 2022 = 230 Million
2SLGBTQQIA+ Over Age 18 in 2022 = 23 Million
Average Cost of Movie Ticket in 2022 = $11.00
Tickets Sold To Bros as of 10/18/22 = 1 Million

View attachment 673668
WHY are you still going on about this??????????? You’ve been called out on this very strange and obsessive behavior multiple times. Why do you continue to disparage something that is giving a lot of people joy? Give it a rest already.

TP2000

Oh, I won't bother seeing it in theatres. I'm more of a streaming from the couch with a cocktail kind of guy.
OMG so much this as in wine/cocktail as they're sooo much more reasonable at home and I don't need a designated driver! Even more so since cutting the cord and curating our streaming services

I agree with both of you; last weekend I watched Ford Vs. Ferrari on my 70 inch screen with a snack plate and a rye manhattan (or two) at my side, and it was heaven. I rarely watch first-run movies, and movie theaters are just no fun any longer.

That said, every couple years there's a major movie or something I just can't wait to see at home, so I'll go to the theater. But that's only because there are those "luxury" theaters now with giant recliners and waitress service where you order from a menu and push a button and a waitress brings you a glass of champagne and a slice of cheesecake to the little table at your seat.

If it weren't for that recent invention in movie-going, I would stay home. It's the only way to fly! 😁

nnZaRP.gif

Figgy1

Premium Member
I agree with both of you; last weekend I watched Ford Vs. Ferrari on my 70 inch screen with a snack plate and a rye manhattan (or two) at my side, and it was heaven. I rarely watch first-run movies, and movie theaters are just no fun any longer.

That said, every couple years there's a major movie or something I just can't wait to see at home, so I'll go to the theater. But that's only because there are those "luxury" theaters now with giant recliners and waitress service where you order from a menu and push a button and a waitress brings you a glass of champagne and a slice of cheesecake to the little table at your seat.

If it weren't for that recent invention in movie-going, I would stay home. It's the only way to fly! 😁

nnZaRP.gif
Only 1 or 2 at home???????????????????
PS she was great as well

TP2000

WHY are you still going on about this??????????? You’ve been called out on this very strange and obsessive behavior multiple times. Why do you continue to disparage something that is giving a lot of people joy? Give it a rest already.

I'm waiting for the dishes to be done. I already played some tennis (badly) this morning, so I'm kind of pooped. And I find the broader discussion of these big-budget movies from flopping so badly (Bros, Amsterdam, Lightyear, etc.) in this streaming era interesting, but more specifically the messy mess that Mr. Eichner created for himself by insulting most of his audience in planned interviews and Twitter rages.

I now firmly believe that Hollywood in general, but especially Disney, can not continue to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on movies just to have them bomb and/or go to streaming "for free!"

It's a circa 2005 business model of spending huge sums of money on bloated movies that simply is unsustainable in the 2020's when a growing majority of Americans would rathers stay home and stream the movie for a fraction of the cost of buying four tickets at the local multiplex.

It's a business model that is collapsing. Bros is just the messy example thanks to Mr. Eichner's personality.

BuddyThomas

I'm waiting for the dishes to be done. I already played some tennis (badly) this morning, so I'm kind of pooped. And I find the broader discussion of these big-budget movies from flopping so badly (Bros, Amsterdam, Lightyear, etc.) in this streaming era interesting, but more specifically the messy mess that Mr. Eichner created for himself by insulting most of his audience in planned interviews and Twitter rages.

I now firmly believe that Hollywood in general, but especially Disney, can not continue to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on movies just to have them bomb and/or go to streaming "for free!"

It's a circa 2005 business model of spending huge sums of money on bloated movies that simply is unsustainable in the 2020's when a growing majority of Americans would rathers stay home and stream the movie for a fraction of the cost of buying four tickets at the local multiplex.

It's a business model that is collapsing. Bros is just the messy example thanks to Mr. Eichner's personality.
Once again, you are ignorantly blabbering about something that is beyond your capacity to understand.

But I understand you. I see exactly who you are and what you are attempting to do here. It will not work.

88% positive - Rotten Tomatoes -170 critic reviews
90% positive verified audience reviews. More than 500.

Calm the hell down. And perhaps stop discussing something that you do not understand.

BuddyThomas

Nope. Not when someone continues to disparage an amazing movie that is important to the LGBTQT community. He has not even seen it and has no plan to see it and all he does is trash it. That is ridiculous. He has done this on other movies featuring LGBTQT characters as well. I'll leave it to the rest of the board to figure out why. Why doesn't he go post about Space Mountain or Pirates or Peter Pan instead? Instead, he decides to troll the gay thread!!! He has to trash a gay movie that he has not seen and will not see over and over and over and over again. That is the exact definition of TRASH,

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
If anyone is looking for some music to unwind to this weekend, check out the fabulous album Homosexual by Darren Hayes. My friend suggested I give it a listen and I am blown away. It's so refreshing to hear and relate to lyrics from a gay man. Don't get me wrong, I love my pop girls, but there's just something hitting different when it comes from a gay man. Enjoy!

TP2000

Once again, you are ignorantly blabbering about something that is beyond your capacity to understand...

88% positive - Rotten Tomatoes -170 critic reviews
90% positive verified audience reviews. More than 500.

Calm the hell down. And perhaps stop discussing something that you do not understand.

But it bombed. It's going to lose about $40 Million for Universal, since it cost them over $50 Million to make and market but will only pull in about $20 Million in global box office. It was a bomb financially.

I haven't seen it, so I can not and won't be offering my critical opinion of the movie. But the financials were a disaster, less than 4% of gay Americans saw Bros (assuming every single ticket was sold to a gay person), and the marketing disaster by messy Mr. Eichner during its rollout should have business textbooks written about how not to market your movie in American multiplexes. o_O

If you think the above financial/social disaster is something to celebrate as a gay man, that's... an interesting take. But I don't find it worth celebrating at all, because it was a massive failure. It's embarrassing for me as a gay man.

Nope. Not when someone continues to disparage an amazing movie that is important to the LGBTQT community. He has not even seen it and has no plan to see it and all he does is trash it. That is ridiculous.

Less than 4% of American gays saw Bros in the theater. It's not just me you are mad at, there's 96% of American gays you are also angry with. I just happen to be the messenger.

He has done this on other movies featuring LGBTQT characters as well.

You could only be talking about my commentary on the financial failure of Lightyear, another box office disaster with a bloated budget that shouldn't have ended up that way. :(

Why doesn't he go post about Space Mountain or Pirates or Peter Pan instead?

According to the little link in my name, I have 21,530 Messages here on this website. Let me know if you want some tips on how to comment more on stuff to increase your message count. I find it fun to offer Disneyland vacation planning ideas to East Coasters, in particular. 😁

Last edited:

TP2000

We should be celebrating the fact a movie like Bros got made at all.

We should indeed. But we can't because it was a massive failure at the box office. Less than 4% of gay adults in this country even went to see Bros, let alone the straight romcom audiences who avoided it even more.

As of today, Sunday the 23rd, it just got cut from another 1,500 theaters this weekend and fell off a cliff to 16th place at the box office. It's behind Top Gun and Minions this weekend, and they've been out since summer.

The movie that Bros debuted with on the same day, Smile, is still at #3 this weekend for its third week in theaters. So why would any movie studio ever greenlight another gay romcom for the rest of this decade?!? Bros has probably damaged the mid-term future gay movie market by at least 50%; any movie exec worth his cocaine habit won't be greenlighting any gay comedies anytime soon. Bros and Mr. Eichner's messy and insulting marketing is responsible for that. 😡

BrosBombs.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom