PRIDE: Community

Goofyernmost

With the end of the Politics Forum era I thought it would be nice to create a safe space for those on this forum in the LGBTQ2+ community (and allies) to meet, chat, and have a home.

This is NOT a political arena.

This is a space to chat, share the latest news, and be amongst friends and allies. Feel free to share a movie you loved, or a tv show. Discuss what you want, but please keep it away from the political realm so we do not lose our space.

This is our space, our new home. Let's keep it positive, safe, and full of light.

View attachment 543740
Good luck with that because until you find a way to erase ignorance and 10th century social beliefs there will always be someone that will try to "save" everyone with righteous indignation and relentless inability to mind their own business. I do hope you can make it work though. 👍

tcool123

Hi everyone love to see an established safe space here on WDWMAGIC! Very progressive and forward thinking 🥳

As a younger gay I really haven’t seen much media involving LGBT yet 😅

But with that said I loved Love, Simon which actually is the movie the encouraged me to come out , and it’s sequel aeries Love, Victor brought like tears to my eyes cause it’s literally almost my story to a T just make Victor Cuban and it’s the same thing basically.

Also don’t know if anyone has HBO max, but if you’re into competition shows I highly recommend Legendary. It’s a competition show all about vogueing with elaborate themes and costumes every episode and some really great judges!

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
Hi everyone love to see an established safe space here on WDWMAGIC! Very progressive and forward thinking 🥳

As a younger gay I really haven’t seen much media involving LGBT yet 😅

But with that said I loved Love, Simon which actually is the movie the encouraged me to come out , and it’s sequel aeries Love, Victor brought like tears to my eyes cause it’s literally almost my story to a T just make Victor Cuban and it’s the same thing basically.

Also don’t know if anyone has HBO max, but if you’re into competition shows I highly recommend Legendary. It’s a competition show all about vogueing with elaborate themes and costumes every episode and some really great judges!

So happy to hear these shows have helped you embrace who you are and feel safe enough or encouraged enough to live openly, especially at a young age. I hope you are supported and loved, if you ever need to talk I am here!

This is why representation is so important!

And I have heard of Legendary, need to watch!

BuddyThomas

The GLAAD Media Award winners were just announced (Fun fact - I was nominated for one of these in 2010.....and lost!)

This year, The Boys in the Band won Best Picture, Limited Release and Schitt's Creek won Best Comedy Series, and Star Trek: Discovery won Best Drama Series - full list of winners below.

Angel Ariel

The GLAAD Media Award winners were just announced (Fun fact - I was nominated for one of these in 2010.....and lost!)

This year, The Boys in the Band won Best Picture, Limited Release and Schitt's Creek won Best Comedy Series, and Star Trek: Discovery won Best Drama Series - full list of winners below.

I’ve really been enjoying Star Trek discovery. I ❤️ Anthony Rapp

Figgy1

Premium Member

Fun fact details please

Songbird76

We watched 'It's a Sin' on Amazon Prime a few weeks ago, and wow. An incredibly touching mini-series.

As someone who is young enough to have not experienced the peak Aids Crisis, it was particularly important and inspiring.

Highly recommended viewing for all (not necessarily a show to watch with kids, as it is very adult oriented).
I'm not familiar with it....what exactly is it about? Is it the church's view? Have you seen Matthew Vines' video? I found it really interesting and it's given me a lot of source material when I'm discussing things with people who aren't supportive of the LGBTQ community.

P.S. I saw in the beginning post, " LGBTQ2" and I am wondering what the 2 represents. That's not one I've ever come across.

Songbird76

I’m finding a number of shows have unannounced lgbt subplots.

Atypical is another enjoyable Netflix comedy on its own, and an lgbt storyline develops.

Never Have I Ever - another comedy which does the same thing (created by Mindy Kaling about an Asian family.)

The Haunting of Bly Manor went there as well. (Hottie Oliver Jackson Cohen - who was also in the too short lived Emerald City - probably won’t play gay until he’s 60 and I’m dead.)

The Politician - of interest perhaps to some recently displaced posters. 😉

And, of course, Umbrella Academy.

I would have enjoyed all of these shows regardless, but the lgbt characters are a welcome addition! And I think that’s important because so many “gay movies” suuuuuuck.
I've been watching Atypical! It's great!

Glee is another one with a lot of LGBT subplots.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom