PRIDE: Community

tcool123

Anyone here watching Drag Race Down Under?

I’m completely over it.
I am unfortunately watching it would have cancelled WOW but as a Spanish speaker im compelled to watch the much better handled Drag Race España. Down Under has just so many issues, especially because all of my favorites have been eliminated early on even though there has been much worse queens saved.

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
I am unfortunately watching it would have cancelled WOW but as a Spanish speaker im compelled to watch the much better handled Drag Race España. Down Under has just so many issues, especially because all of my favorites have been eliminated early on even though there has been much worse queens saved.

Today’s episode… uhhh. Talent what?

Wendy Pleakley

Anyone here watching Drag Race Down Under?

I’m completely over it.

Fan reaction has been pretty bad, but that could be skewed as people are more likely to go online to criticize rather than praise. Lots of issues with the season:

Bringing back a contestant who deserved to be eliminated, just because?

Glossing over a contestant's history of blackface.

The usual judging issues that seem very arbitrary: redoing a design challenge they've done many times before then complaining they've seen the looks before. Inconsistency in the makeover challenge. They complain when a pair looks too different but also complain when they're identical.

Assuming DRDU has a few more weeks to go, we're two weeks away from having three Drag Race shows airing concurrently.

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
Fan reaction has been pretty bad, but that could be skewed as people are more likely to go online to criticize rather than praise. Lots of issues with the season:

Bringing back a contestant who deserved to be eliminated, just because?

Glossing over a contestant's history of blackface.

The usual judging issues that seem very arbitrary: redoing a design challenge they've done many times before then complaining they've seen the looks before. Inconsistency in the makeover challenge. They complain when a pair looks too different but also complain when they're identical.

Assuming DRDU has a few more weeks to go, we're two weeks away from having three Drag Race shows airing concurrently.

Next week is the last week. Thank goodness.

DRDU just feels so off to me… today’s episode has made me all sorts of mad.

tcool123

Next week is the last week. Thank goodness.

DRDU just feels so off to me… today’s episode has made me all sorts of mad.
Just watched it. What is up with Down Under, is there something in the water or something where they are filming?

Just the decision of who in the bottom was just so wrong? Like???

I’m sorry how was Kita worse than Karen! Karen’s act was a complete snooze fest in my opinion, and while Kita took a bit to get hoing once she did it was good! Kita honestly had the second best talent this week, but was in the Bttm 2 with Electra.

Anyways I hope Kita wins as I really dont care for the other three, but unfortunately I feel like Scarlet is going to win 🙄

I just wish Anita was still in the competition I felt like she would’ve crushed these challenges. Also is this the first season with no acting challenges? Or was there one and it was so bad my mind erased it from memory

Wendy Pleakley

Just watched it. What is up with Down Under, is there something in the water or something where they are filming?

Just the decision of who in the bottom was just so wrong? Like???

I’m sorry how was Kita worse than Karen! Karen’s act was a complete snooze fest in my opinion, and while Kita took a bit to get hoing once she did it was good! Kita honestly had the second best talent this week, but was in the Bttm 2 with Electra.

Anyways I hope Kita wins as I really dont care for the other three, but unfortunately I feel like Scarlet is going to win 🙄

I just wish Anita was still in the competition I felt like she would’ve crushed these challenges. Also is this the first season with no acting challenges? Or was there one and it was so bad my mind erased it from memory

That was so odd. A talent show apparently judged based solely on appearance. It's especially absurd in regards to the magic performance. Was she supposed to change into multiple high end gowns? I can see why they wanted a better outfit from Elektra, but for the quick changes? Cut a bit of slack.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom