Prices for the Polynesian DVC Bungalows

flyerjab

Original Poster
We just received notification that prices are being set for the Bungalows at The Poly. The lowest seasonal price is around $2100/night, compared to as high as $2900/night during Christmas and the other high seasons.

Points are supposedly going to start during pre-sale at $160/point up until 09Feb2015.

Seems as though WDW is going for an entirely new type of clientele for these units. Definitely will not be staying in these any time soon.

EDIT: This was first seen on @tikiman's Facebook page for the resort.

Last edited:

JLipnick

to be fair though, we just stayed in a 2 BR villa at GFV and while we used points, we were told the cost per night of the suite was between $1800 and $2000/night. so if the points are even close per night as the GFV 2 BR then next time we go with extended family, i would stay there a few nights. I wouldn't pay that much cash for the room though.

flyerjab

Original Poster
to be fair though, we just stayed in a 2 BR villa at GFV and while we used points, we were told the cost per night of the suite was between $1800 and $2000/night. so if the points are even close per night as the GFV 2 BR then next time we go with extended family, i would stay there a few nights. I wouldn't pay that much cash for the room though.

That is true. From a points perspective it doesn't seem as totally outrageous as it would be to pay cash. $2100 for one night is crazy expensive.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
We just received notification that prices are being set for the Bungalows at The Poly. The lowest seasonal price is around $2100/night, compared to as high as $2900/night during Christmas and the other high seasons.

Points are supposedly going to start during pre-sale at $160/point up until 09Feb2015.

Seems as though WDW is going for an entirely new type of clientele for these units. Definitely will not be staying in these any time soon.

I think Disney has finally crossed the line into pricing insanity here there is nothing in the quality of these rooms which make them worth 2-3K per night, I'd love to see @ParentsOf4 breakeven analysys here.

The REAL rooms like this in the pacific islands top out at $1500 or so with FAR more services than Disney ever thought of offering.

Un-Fracking-Believable

ParentsOf4

I think Disney has finally crossed the line into pricing insanity here there is nothing in the quality of these rooms which make them worth 2-3K per night, I'd love to see @ParentsOf4 breakeven analysys here.
Did some number crunching. If someone has $30K burning a hole in their pocket, it will take about 10 years to reach the break-even point at the Poly's rack rates.

Factor in the common 30% discount and it will take about 17 years to break-even.

Throw in a Disney loan and the break-even is closer to 30 years.

Stay at the Wilderness Lodge instead and the break-even is never. :jawdrop:

Wow, just wow.

Yeah, I guess one is born every minute.

Last edited:

Nemo14

Did some number crunching. If someone has $30K burning a whole in their pocket, it will take about 10 years to reach the break-even point at the Poly's rack rates.

Factor in the common 30% discount and it will take about 17 years to break-even.

Throw in a Disney loan and the break-even is closer to 30 years.

Stay at the Wilderness Lodge instead and the break-even is never. :jawdrop:

Wow, just wow.

Yeah, I guess one is born every minute.
You know, I was going to crunch numbers a few minutes ago and said to myself - "I'll bet ParentsOf4 will have it posted before I can even think about it" and I was right! Thanks!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

image.jpg

xstech25

If there were like hundreds of these I would be surprised at the price but with only 20 they will have no problem selling them at whatever price they want. Of all the hundreds of thousands of DVC members i'm sure 20 families a night will pay it. Plus there's always celebrities and stuff that want the fanciest accommodations and don't care about the price, high power executives/politicians, etc.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom