Price to stay in Castle after next year?

jozzmenia

mep517 said:
Does anyone know how the logistics of staying in the castle would work? What would they do -- lock you in? They can't have people running around the park if for no other reason than it would completely ruin the magic.

yeah i was thinking that. u would feel trapped...what if u wanted to go for dinner? or a swim?

they could charge like $1 million a night, and from 10pm-7am (or whatever times the park is closed, the park is fully open just for u and your family! :cool:

banimall

The whole point of the castle is that it's a "fairy tale castle" where Disney princesses live happily ever after, not where Joe Smith from up the street spend his vacation. That's just my opinion though.

I can picture it already, some schmo standing in the entranceway where tinkerbell takes off from smoking a cigarette and drinking a Miller Lite

LaughingGravy

I think it would detract from the magic a little bit if you're eating in King Stefan's and you hear the whhhosh from one of those high pressure water saving toilets from 'upstairs'.

"Yes, I'll have the grilled... oh...ah.. never mind."

As far as a price if they offered it to the peasants, I say $10,000. But if they did that, there's the booking headache.

I think it would boost room reservations a lot if for a year, they had a daily drawing of one family staying on Disney property getting one night in the castle during their stay. If it worked, keep it up.

banimall said:
I can picture it already, some schmo standing in the entranceway where tinkerbell takes off from smoking a cigarette and drinking a Miller Lite

um ya it would have to be a Coke and A bubble gum cigar we cant have adult themes in the castle.:drevil:

EdandAmy

I would only stay there if they could keep all the noise down starting at 9pm! Darn fireworks waking up the sleeping kids! :lol:

THECARISMINE

Wait I thought the room in the castle was made for Walt and it was never touched how in the world are they geting away with leting people stay there!!!??? wasn't there a tour when they brought you up to the room and had a change so do one chould get in the room my mom and my grandma always talk about it (they went when the world first opened) It doesn't seem right to let people stay in a room made for Walt himself, and one inwhich he wasn't able to stay in and not even his own family sleept in........

or is it a entirly disfferent place in the castle? in that case I just went on for nuttin lol

RickEff

From my understanding, the apartment was never finished. Walt died in 1966, and the castle wasn't completed until July, 1971.

I think I remember hearing it was eventually used by switchboard operators, then later as a dressing room for performers.

kaos

banimall said:

DO they allow beer in the MK??

EdandAmy

oh and don't forget the lights shinning in the windows constantly. (color changing also).

The most fun would be for sleep walkers.

A huge bonus would be the ability to rest in the middle of the day in your roomo without having to leave the park!

JPVonDrake

The OFFICIAL answer to this very popular Guest questions....

from the official DRC speil... said:
Overnight experiences for the royal bedchamber inside Cinderella Castle at Walt Disney World Resort and a Mickey Mouse Penthouse at Disneyland Resort are exclusive awards in the Disney Dreams Giveaway.

Guests cannot purchase stays in these unique experiences. At this time, there are no plans to allow Guests to purchase stays in these experiences after the conclusion of the Disney Dreams Giveaway.

Many of the "one million dreams" awarded during this celebration will be unbelievable and unique "money cannot buy" experiences presented to Guests selected at random through a unique "Disney Dreams Giveaway" promotion. These "dreams" will be awarded by the Cast Members throughout Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort.

How does one win? Disney is contracting an outside agency that is the industry leader in conducting large scale promotions. They utilize a statistical model that selects the winners based on random variables such as place, time of day, and guest count. For example, prize #12345 may be awarded at Space Mountain, at 12:13pm to the 6th guest that exits the attraction on a certain date. These awards could be presented anywhere on property. Guests in our parks as well as guests in the Disney Resort Hotels and Downtown Disney areas will all have an equal chance of winning.

Besides the 1 night stay in new royal bedchamber in Cinderella Castle are some of the other "Dreams" Guest could win?

Traveling to each Disney resort around the world to serve as grand marshal in a Disney parade.

A "Golden FASTPASS" ticket with unique access entitlements to some of Disney's most popular attractions.

Private meetings with favorite Disney characters.

Admission to special parties and other extraordinary experiences in the Disney and Walt Disney World parks.

And a variety of other unique Disney vacation experiences that contain an element that "money cannot buy!"

Good Luck to ALL, and may all your Disney Dreams come true!:sohappy:

Chape19714

Thank you JPVonDrake! As always, the best on settling hotel issues! I'm sure that Disney would not do anything to hurt thier image to anyone, so keep that in mind.

I would also like to know if Disney employees (outside of the resort) are eligable to win, even if they are selected? I would assume no, because they are Disney employees/CM's, any confirmation?

ilovepluto23

Hmm...if you think about it...it sounds like a dream come true but it's not very practical.

What about when the park is closed? Do you get to roam around? Do you have to stay in the castle? Can you go to Pleasure Island and come back to your room inside of the MK late at night? What if the MK closes at say, 7pm?

Although it's good in theory, I don't think it could really work.

disneymickey123

I wish I could win. but it true it's not very practical what if you want to go somewhere and you can't go. personal i would like a golden fastpass and flying around the world but you never know

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
ilovepluto23 said:
Hmm...if you think about it...it sounds like a dream come true but it's not very practical.

What about when the park is closed? Do you get to roam around? Do you have to stay in the castle? Can you go to Pleasure Island and come back to your room inside of the MK late at night? What if the MK closes at say, 7pm?

Although it's good in theory, I don't think it could really work.
I was just thinking about that. What if you got the midnight munchies?
Or a craving for (god-forbid) Waffle House? Are you held captive? Can guests come over to visit? What about high-speed internet? Free long distance?

ilovepluto23

unkadug said:
I was just thinking about that. What if you got the midnight munchies?
Or a craving for (god-forbid) Waffle House? Are you held captive? Can guests come over to visit? What about high-speed internet? Free long distance?

:lol: This reminds me of an episode of...Family Guy? The Simpsons?...I think it was Family Guy...where they hold real children captive and make them dress up and sing in It's a Small World!:D (They actually sing "it's a Tiny world")

angelfaerie52

Hate to be negative, but I wonder if any families that consist of just adults will get the castle room. My mother and I would love to win a night in that room. Too bad I'm not a cute 8 year old anymore... :(

Oh well, if it's random, you never know.

DisneyBunny

JPVonDrake said:
Besides the 1 night stay in new royal bedchamber in Cinderella Castle are some of the other "Dreams" Guest could win?

Traveling to each Disney resort around the world to serve as grand marshal in a Disney parade.

A "Golden FASTPASS" ticket with unique access entitlements to some of Disney's most popular attractions.

Private meetings with favorite Disney characters.

Admission to special parties and other extraordinary experiences in the Disney and Walt Disney World parks.

And a variety of other unique Disney vacation experiences that contain an element that "money cannot buy!"

Good Luck to ALL, and may all your Disney Dreams come true!:sohappy:

Y'all can keep staying in the castle... It's my dream to travel the world.... Imaging how wonderful that would be.

Although if anybody on here DOES get the 1 night stay... pictures would be nice. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom