Price to stay in Castle after next year?

William Marsden

Hey, I was wondering about something. Let's say you've booked a stay at one of the WDW resorts and then in the middle of your trip you win a night in Cindy's Castle. Does the resort give you a refund for the one night you didn't stay?:p

NeedABreak

William Marsden said:
Hey, I was wondering about something. Let's say you've booked a stay at one of the WDW resorts and then in the middle of your trip you win a night in Cindy's Castle. Does the resort give you a refund for the one night you didn't stay?:p

I doubt it. But if were staying at a value resort then you could just imagin that you paid $107 or so for a stay at the Castle.

DME

I don't like the idea of someone sleeping in the castle, even if it is just a one-time only thing. Think about it. You're in a bed, perhaps with your spouse.....

they don't even allow alcohol in the parks.

:veryconfu

RedGear

All I have to say is wow, and I guess I'm going to have to go back again in 2007, my fiance isn't going to be happy about that. I just told him that we have to move closer to Florida, or actually move to florida so we can just get season passes.

O well, that sounds amazing, but I think sleeping in the castle would be kind of creepy, and I don't think I would be able to sleep, it would be werid to be one of the only people in the park and it wouldn;t have that feel to it. I would be so anxious for the park to open in the morning so I could be the first in line for everything!!! :lol:

shoppingnut

TAC said:
Tell me that you don't think that for the millions (?) of times that a husband and wife (or any two consenting adults) have had a bed, in every room, in every resort on Disney property, that all they have ever done is sleep in it.

Yes, but however, they were pointing out that MK allows no liquor and it is not like every other hotel room on property it's the Castle. It is in the MK, where everything is family orientated or "G" rated, so it just seems a bit odd when you think about it.

goofntink

From what we have been told . Walt's apartment would be used to do the "room" for the sweepstakes. It may be kept afterwards for use as the Grand Honeymoon Suite for the couples who pay for the Extravegent Wedding Package.:king: In other words spend $50,000 or more for the most expensive package available and you get it included.:cry:

shoppingnut

TAC said:
True, that they do not sell alcohol, so therefore, there should not be any alcohol in the MK. However, spending the night in Cinderella's Castle, my guess would be that the "package" could possabily include at the very least champagne (if so desired by the guests), so where do you draw the line? That the "rule" would be that the champagne stays in the room.

Let's just call it a fuzzy gray area.

Lee

Adventurer
goofntink said:
From what we have been told . Walt's apartment would be used to do the "room" for the sweepstakes. It may be kept afterwards for use as the Grand Honeymoon Suite for the couples who pay for the Extravegent Wedding Package.:king: In other words spend $50,000 or more for the most expensive package available and you get it included.:cry:
Gonna take a lot of work.:rolleyes:

EdandAmy

Just like the dark rides, the room will have night vision cameras to assure the guests follow the rules! :goodnevil

Wouldn't that stink if you were on your last day at the park and have a flight to catch and they pick you to stay in the castle or something else! Or worse, you show up a day before your family and you hit the parks and get picked for that night to stay in the castle! DOH! :hammer:

shoppingnut

EdandAmy said:
Or worse, you show up a day before your family and you hit the parks and get picked for that night to stay in the castle! DOH! :hammer:

The question would be do you tell your family, because they will be so mad that they missed out, or not.

AdLibSean

BeachClubVillas said:
I hope they don't open up the castle for overnight stays after the Dreams Celebration. I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but it seems to me like it would take away a big part of the magic. Imagine walking down Main Street and seeing laundry hanging out to dry on a window, people having a party up there, eating, drinking, etc. I'm not saying that's what is going to happen. This is just hypothetical. The whole point of the castle is that it's a "fairy tale castle" where Disney princesses live happily ever after, not where Joe Smith from up the street spend his vacation. That's just my opinion though.

Couldn't agree with you more...kinda takes something away from it if you know someone's "staying" there....I mean, I hate the idea of someone like Paris Hilton renting it out or knowing that at given times, various couples and newlyweds would be "consumating the relationship" there...kind of takes the specialness of it all away... It should belong to everyone- not the one with the highest paycheck. And by that I mean to treasure, not to stay in. It should be kept for backstage purposes only. Heck! Why not make it Florida's Club 33 afterwards?

ilovepluto23

shoppingnut said:
Nope, they would have to sneak it in.

I saw a guy trying to bring like 4 cans of beer into MGM once lol. The look on his face was priceless when they checked his bags and told him he couldn't go in with them.

William Marsden

One of my problems with an overnighter in the castle is that I just can't imagine feeling like we'd really be alone. I know that in any public hotel you're really not alone. But think of looking out on thousands of visitors arriving as early as 6:00 a.m. during early entry, many of them thinking "I wonder who's staying in the castle tonight?". I don't know, it just kind of freaks me out.:eek:

disneytati

Jabarr said:
I said to my family and friends a few years ago that Disney was missing one heck of a money maker! I always thought they should turn that in to a suite just like Walt wanted it and charge $5000.00 a night! There will be a waiting list no doubt.I do think that breakfast should be included.:king:

I agree. It would be a hell of a money maker!!! I couldn't even dream with having money for such a thing, but it would be cool. I guess that if it happened, they would create some kind of activity too, something for you to do in the park after it closes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom