Price to stay in Castle after next year?

durangojim

Original Poster
Edeyore said:
The price will not matter. No one we know, personally, will ever stay there.
Think about it. Celebrities in Las Vegas pay $15,000 a night for a hotel suite. They are probably the ones that Disney will market this to. Don't even think about it. It just is not going to happen for "us".

I respectfully disagree, if next year is about making dreams come true, then the year after that are they going to say that dreams can't come true anymore? It would be a very bad PR move.

Lee

Adventurer
bgraham34 said:
I remember back in the 80's they always said Michael Jackson Stayed in the Castle all the time.
Nope. Never.

I'm skeptical that they'll even go through with letting guests stay overnight in the castle.
They toyed with that idea several years ago, only to find out that the amount of work that would have to be done to the castle to make it ready for housing guests was far too great to deal with.
I guess they could set up a bed in the storage room up there and let you spend the night. Hope you don't need to take a shower, though. Or feel like leaving the room after park close.:rolleyes:

TINKERLOR

I love it!!!! Could you even imagine spending one evening (overnight) in the Castle. OH MY GOD _ My kids, not to mention myself would be so AMAZED and in such AWWW! A price, well I agree with 5K. Would I spend it - probably not. If it's a contest - I would wish upon a star and hope to win!

IWorkWTeeth

righttrack said:
Are they actually doing this? I say its a contest, not something thats open to the general public. I would guess they would randomly choose a guest staying at their resorts and call you and ask if you want to spend a night in the castle. Then come pick you up in a coach, like Cinderella.

That would be too cool!!!!!!!

kal1484

I'm still trying to figure out which room they are going to put guests in...I don't think there is a really good place anywhere. Not to mention, the people who stay in the castle will have to have a 24/7 security guard since you can get to the Utilidoors and the park at all hours if you were in the castle.

jaredliu

durangojim said:
I have a feeling that after a year of a million dreams, the ability to stay in the castle will be offered to guests for a price. Two questions:
1. What do you think that price will be?
2. What is the most you would pay for one night?

My answers:
1. $1500
2. $2500

What do you all think?
Porbably 10000$ a night. And the celerbation could be named as "Year of a millionaire's Dream".

DisneyBunny

durangojim said:
I respectfully disagree, if next year is about making dreams come true, then the year after that are they going to say that dreams can't come true anymore? It would be a very bad PR move.

Not nessesarily... This year dreams come true, but after that they'll make your dreams come true for a price. The PR can be created so that the castle room seemingly never existed. Never doubt the power of PR. It's just supply and demand. If they do open it up for the public, they'll have to price it above the average person's income level so they can temper the amount of demand for it. And even still it would be booked solid for years.

freediverdude

I can't really see them opening up the castle for reservations, even at some exorbitant price. It just wouldn't have many of the usual amenities that the deluxe resorts or rooms or suites would have. But I can see them giving people a room in the castle for one night as part of a certain level wedding package, or as part of promotions and sweepstakes. Could you imagine spending your wedding night in the castle?? That would certainly tempt some people to pay for a really expensive wedding to be able to get that.

Sharon L

Staying overnight in the castle is part of the upcoming promotion. The room will probably not be used again past the promotion, unless they maybe donate it for Make-A-Wish trips.

durangojim

Original Poster
pinjim said:
How much of the 3rd shift work would be a distraction if you were in the castle for the night?

Depending on what you were doing, you might be a distraction to them:lol:

BeachClubVillas

I hope they don't open up the castle for overnight stays after the Dreams Celebration. I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but it seems to me like it would take away a big part of the magic. Imagine walking down Main Street and seeing laundry hanging out to dry on a window, people having a party up there, eating, drinking, etc. I'm not saying that's what is going to happen. This is just hypothetical. The whole point of the castle is that it's a "fairy tale castle" where Disney princesses live happily ever after, not where Joe Smith from up the street spend his vacation. That's just my opinion though.

mep517

Does anyone know how the logistics of staying in the castle would work? What would they do -- lock you in? They can't have people running around the park if for no other reason than it would completely ruin the magic.

I would imagine that the price would be at least $5K a night. It's the Castle!! And I had the money to do so, I would pay any amount they wanted. In a heartbeat. That would just be too cool.

DisneyBunny

BeachClubVillas said:
I hope they don't open up the castle for overnight stays after the Dreams Celebration. I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but it seems to me like it would take away a big part of the magic. Imagine walking down Main Street and seeing laundry hanging out to dry on a window, people having a party up there, eating, drinking, etc. I'm not saying that's what is going to happen. This is just hypothetical. The whole point of the castle is that it's a "fairy tale castle" where Disney princesses live happily ever after, not where Joe Smith from up the street spend his vacation. That's just my opinion though.

But, Cindy's already got a clothesline hanging from the castle... :lookaroun

:lol:

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

jozzmenia

Master Yoda said:
It would only make sense to. Quite honestly they could put any price tag on it they wanted and it would book out for years. The room that connects the two towers at the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas has an unbelievable price tag on the order of 25k a night and it has to be reserved 2 years in advance.

That's just what I was thinking when I read the OP - they could charge anything. at $1500/night the reservation list would be through to 2096...
Even at $50,000 it would probably be a long waiting list.

I like the contest idea, except if I saw the winner, I would probably be paid a visit by the green-eyed monster...:lookaroun

CaptainMichael

Sharon L said:
Staying overnight in the castle is part of the upcoming promotion. The room will probably not be used again past the promotion, unless they maybe donate it for Make-A-Wish trips.
I'm sure they'll use it again. You may not be able to rent it, but it will probably be winnable again for various things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom