Price Hikes Galore! (Genie+ variable pricing, ILL, refillable mugs, SWGE lightsaber and droids)

MrPromey

:bored: -What?

Just Disney Hotel room costs? I would think that wouldn't be hard to find with google - lots of people have posted blogs, forum posts, etc about Disney hotel room costs rising.

So that's a comparison of a vacation house on the beach to a hotel room in central Florida?

Just want to be sure I'm understanding you.

mf1972

i don’t know if anyone here watches pcdev, but on his recent video i’d say he let out his frustration on the price hikes in his nicest way possible. i appreciate his honesty.

Disstevefan1

i don’t know if anyone here watches pcdev, but on his recent video i’d say he let out his frustration on the price hikes in his nicest way possible. i appreciate his honesty.
I saw it too. For a while now, PCDEV has been voicing is issues with WDW. Correct me if I am wrong, but in the past, he was invited by Disney and was in full influencer mode.

It looks like he burnt that bridge a little while back. You can't be honest and expect an invite.

On the other hand, you have influencers like Tim Tracker, he CANNOT risk his position as an influencer so you will not hear anything truthful negative from him.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
24 hours after the announcement and they've already raised the price of Genie+ to $20 for the day. I just took this screenshot from my app

Screenshot_20221012_143716.jpg

It's a Wednesday. What will be on the weekend? Will it only ever be $15 on the absolute slowest days of the year?

Ayla

It's a brilliantly evil tale punctuated by the inability of most consumers to see the situation for what it is - Disney abusing them for financial gain. I'm not going to dance around and sugarcoat it to appease some people's delicate feelings. This is Sociology 101 - Negative behavior will continue until there are negative consequences; Thus, Disney will continue to charge more while providing less (plus finding new ways to get more money from consumers) until people pull their heads out of their pixie-dust-coated nether-regions and stop going. Consumers have the power but they refuse to exercise it, and the Bob's have laughed all the way to the bank.
Reposting because it needs to be repeated.

Disney is that toxic boyfriend/girlfriend that soooo many people can't give up.

eliza61nyc

Reposting because it needs to be repeated.

Disney is that toxic boyfriend/girlfriend that soooo many people can't give up.
Lol guilty. As long as my family and I love it we'll continue to go.
Although we don't feel we get beat up by Disney. Consumers do have the power and maybe the real reason folks are upset is that people still find value in their vacations.

I think people here like to believe that Disney visitors are stupid and if they would only read these post they would have an epiphany.
Some thing like 20 million visitors go annually so obviously someone is enjoying it.

Last edited:

Rickcat96

After my last stay at Yacht club in September, seeing the lousiest club level experience I've ever seen, I won't get fooled again. Sent it over to Jeff Vahle, stating this stay was not a part of Disney signature services. He responded immediately then a few days later got the canned response from guest services.

I don't care what they say in public, if you want to charge what they are, the service should be at the very least, better, and if you can't provide it that way, don't offer it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom