Price Hikes Galore! (Genie+ variable pricing, ILL, refillable mugs, SWGE lightsaber and droids)

Casper Gutman

No, that is most definitely an opinion. That is the very definition of "opinion." And saying that it is a fact gives it no more validity than the people who end their statements on Twitter by saying "Period."

This is what I was talking about earlier with in the thread when folks chimed in to tell me I was wrong and that no one was saying that. People who still like Disney are looked down upon and mocked here. A sucker? Please. I guarantee you that I am more well-informed about Disney than 99% of the customer base at the parks. I just happen to still like Walt Disney World. Get over yourself.
There was one very rude poster who sent this thread into a “talespin” and a bunch of other posters trying to pretend that reasonable, civil reactions to that poster were out of line.

And let’s be clear on something that folks are hesitant to acknowledge - everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there are opinions that are not very good, ones born of bias or a lack of expertise or a need for attention. Someone can think Gigli is a better film then the Rules of the Game. That opinion is valid. But it’s very bad and should be criticized. So let’s stop pretending just because someone offers an opinion there is anything substantive behind it.

Everyone here loves Disney. I rarely see anyone who “looks down” on folks who still think the modern WDW is worth visiting. What I do see, from some folks posting in this thread, is a tendency to take criticism of the modern parks personally and to question the motives of more critical posters and suggest they need to shut up and leave these boards.

RobWDW1971

So basically your saying people here unable to state an opinion without being nasty and tearing others down
What I said was (thought my comment was pretty clear), if you post on an opinion site, prepare yourself that others may support you, challenge you, criticize you, mock you, debate you, etc.

As a functioning adult in society (making an assumption here, I realize) do you have moderators follow you around so that in every conversation you have with others you are protected from having your opinions debated and discussed?

If you are unable to defend your opinions nor make a compelling case, that would seem to be more of a cause for self-reflection than worrying about the reaction of others like a frustrated fourth grade hall monitor.

Chi84

Premium Member
It's an opinion board so come prepared to defend your opinion and know more than likely you will be teased, mocked, or insulted because of it. expect to be mercilessly mocked and ridiculed.
I agree with the part about this being an opinion board and that posters should be able to defend their own opinion.

But the operators of this site don’t intend it to be a free-for-all where people can “expect” to be teased, mocked, insulted or ridiculed. Those things are expressly prohibited by the terms of service, which require members of the site to be courteous and respectful of fellow members and to avoid insults and personal attacks.

People who are unwilling or unable to follow the terms of service should not post here. They should find another site where that type of behavior is allowed. And if they violate the terms of this site, they should be reported.

People have a right to expect civil discourse on this site and for the most part that’s what occurs. No one should have to expect or tolerate anything else.

TQQQ

No, that is most definitely an opinion. That is the very definition of "opinion." And saying that it is a fact gives it no more validity than the people who end their statements on Twitter by saying "Period."

This is what I was talking about earlier with in the thread when folks chimed in to tell me I was wrong and that no one was saying that. People who still like Disney are looked down upon and mocked here. A sucker? Please. I guarantee you that I am more well-informed about Disney than 99% of the customer base at the parks. I just happen to still like Walt Disney World. Get over yourself.
I used to love to Disney too. But it is fact that it’s more expensive and offers much less for more money today than it ever has. Is anyone denying that? I dont even think you are.

99% informed doesn’t mean telling the truth. You can love Disney. You can still go to Disney. But you can’t deny Disney is taking advantage of you now more than ever.

You can be an apologist but you can’t argue facts. Facts are they Disney stinks now compared to what it was.

What would be your breaking point? What if Disney tomorrow charged $500 per person to get in. You had to pay to use a fork at dinner? You didn’t get sheets on the bed without paying extra?

Well that’s what it has become, all those things. And if you think that’s ok, then I feel bad for you

eliza61nyc

I used to love to Disney too. But it is fact that it’s more expensive and offers much less for more money today than it ever has. Is anyone denying that? I dont even think you are.

99% informed doesn’t mean telling the truth. You can love Disney. You can still go to Disney. But you can’t deny Disney is taking advantage of you now more than ever.

You can be an apologist but you can’t argue facts. Facts are they Disney stinks now compared to what it was.

What would be your breaking point? What if Disney tomorrow charged $500 per person to get in. You had to pay to use a fork at dinner? You didn’t get sheets on the bed without paying extra?

Well that’s what it has become, all those things. And if you think that’s ok, then I feel bad for you
Question,
What about the first timer who goes and has a great time, do they also get your sympathy??
What happens if they don't think it "stinks"

eliza61nyc

I might have some sympathy for that person’s bank account. ;)
Lol nowadays buying a pound of bacon can get me crying.
My neighbor just purchased dvc. She and her husband are mid 30s with 3 beautiful little girls, I just found it funny that they are candidates for pity for liking Disney. I guess though, out of all the real problems nowadays if the worst thing that happens to my family that makes a person feel sad for me is that we go to Disney?? Hey I'll take it. 😊

Last edited:

LSLS

These are great suggestions. Are your tips for very small kids (pre-school and younger)?

So for what it's worth, I think our 3 year old's favorite trip (that he still keeps asking to do) is a week long trip we had in Sandusky for the other kids sport. We stayed at Great Wolf where the 3 year old could ride all the water slides, made a couple trips to Cedar Point (not nearly as much for kids there, but still some fun rides, an awsome ropes playground, and characters), visited a nature preserve, did some arcades/mini golf, and went to the beach at Cedar Point. The older one was off at the sports things, but of course plenty for them to do as well once they were done. Of all the trips to zoos, museums, Disney, etc., that is the one he keeps asking to go back to (and take for what it's worth considering I'm the one on here that keeps saying how impressed I am with Cedar Point as my counter to Disney trips now).

Jrb1979

It's the perfect time to have a break from Disney.

Go on a cruise (not DCL), very cheap rates at the moment.
Go to Europe, cheaper than WDW and you can visit DLP. (Same goes for Tokyo)
Not interested in cruises and don't get enough time off to visit Europe.

My question is why is the answer for an alternative to a Disney vacation another high end vacation. Why can't it be for example a trip to Pigeon Forge for a week or Myrtle Beach?

Andrew25

My question is why is the answer for an alternative to a Disney vacation another high end vacation. Why can't it be for example a trip to Pigeon Forge for a week or Myrtle Beach?

I was going to mention domestic trips as well, just too lazy to write all options.

TQQQ

It can be, but apples to apples, its somewhere in between those suggestions and europe

JoeCamel

Have you been to Pigeon Forge? I was there two weeks ago for the first time and yikes! That and Gatlinburg are ugly......

If you think Disney only wants your wallet those guys will reach in your pocket and take it out for you. Not my idea of fun but the piece of the park between them is refreshing

ToTBellHop

We must report the good with the bad.

At Boma, a cappuccino went DOWN from $5 to $4.79
The price of a single shot of espresso PLUMMETED from $4 to $3.99
double shot PLUNGED from $5 to $4.99

Powerade at some locations fell from $4.69 to $4.29
The Sauvignon blanc at Sebastian’s fell from $15 per glass to $14

With these savings, my kids will still be able to go to (public) college.

Lilofan

We must report the good with the bad.

At Boma, a cappuccino went DOWN from $5 to $4.79
The price of a single shot of espresso PLUMMETED from $4 to $3.99
double shot PLUNGED from $5 to $4.99

Powerade at some locations fell from $4.69 to $4.29
The Sauvignon blanc at Sebastian’s fell from $15 per glass to $14

With these savings, my kids will still be able to go to (public) college.
They can go ROTC private or public and your tuition/room and board issues are no longer.

matt9112

I know most will not agree with me here, but most food prices are on with what I would pay local. Thinks like snacks trend a little higher. And believe it or not Disney prices are not a bad as they could be go any baseball game and football game and order a coke and I bet you it's double what Disney charges

The sports/concert comparisons are old news…nobody goes to a concert for 7 days…. You could in theory go to eat before or after a game for example. A lot harder at disney. So your right a few hours on a limited event that is time sensitive is more expensive than a place open all day 365 days a year.

matt9112

The only thing is that universal’s express pass is a set price. There is no return times like G+.. or pay extra for popular rides.Also it’s free when staying at the Hard Rock or Portofino. Doesn’t matter where your staying at Disney , you need to pay..and pay more for the good stuff.

Edit- Non peak prices start at 189.00 per adult with peak up to 259.00. All too expensive. I wouldn’t pay for anything at either park. If the line is out of hand then I won’t ride. Just my feeling on it.

Also free at royal pacific.

Two cents express pass (rack rate) is a bad deal it really is just amazing when it’s part of your cheaper than disney but far superior hotel room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom