Price gouging

tenchu

Originally posted by spider-man
Do you have the three grades of gas as well?

Sort of, that price was just for unleaded.

We also get super unleaded and the premium ones etc.

You should think yourselves lucky that you can get petrol so cheaply.

WDWFREAK53

$1.74 here...and if I do the math...that means my fillups cost me...about $41.00

:lookaroun

(plus you figure just to get to work and back I drive 70 miles...my vehicle is getting about 15 miles per gallon...now take into consideration TRAFFIC DOWN TIME...which (a normal 35-40 minute trip takes me over an hour EASY...EACH WAY) Yeah...umm...I think it may be time for a Hybrid :lol: jk about the Hybrid :lol:

tenchu

Originally posted by MKCustodial
We have 2 types of gasoline, plus alcohol, diesel and natural gas.

I thought i read somewhere something about some people in brazil can run their cars on sugar of some sort?

Did i make this up?

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
It was a $1.49 here in the Chicago burbs by my house last week... now I see its about a $1.79 and I think at the BP/Amaco in Downtown Chicago its gotta be closer to the $3.00 mark... :(

tenchu

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
$1.74 here...and if I do the math...that means my fillups cost me...about $41.00

(plus you figure just to get to work and back I drive 70 miles...my vehicle is getting about 15 miles per gallon...now take into consideration TRAFFIC DOWN TIME...which (a normal 35-40 minute trip takes me over an hour EASY...EACH WAY) Yeah...umm...I think it may be time for a Hybrid :lol: jk about the Hybrid :lol:

Now imagine our prices in there.

You can see why we don't drive trucks over here!

DMC-12

blah... SUV's :hurl:

DMC-12

blah SUV's...but it's not an SUV... :lol:

dude...it is.. a Z-71 is like a Tahoe.. Is it not? Anyway.. I am just glad I dont have an SUV...

I remember all the Yuppies in Naperville (an Upscale suburb here) were bi.t.c.h.ing last time gas prices sky rockted to near $3.00 a gal record highs... and complaning they cant afford to fill up there Lincoln Navigators... :rolleyes: idiots... (not you Bri) :)

MKCustodial

Originally posted by tenchu
I thought i read somewhere something about some people in brazil can run their cars on sugar of some sort?

Did i make this up?

Alcohol from sugar cane. It's cheaper than gasoline, but it takes to longer to start the engine up and get it warm during the winter, and our winter isn't NEARLY as cold as yours, so... :lol:

Nut4Disney

While I feel for our British friends, paying almost $4 per gallon of petrol, it should be said that the U.S. is more spread out than Britain. We must travel farther between destinations, which evens things out a bit. I paid $1.74 for gas yesterday. I'm just getting $5 at a time in hopes that it will go down and I can then fill up. I'm in the process of selling my Jeep, and I plan to purchase a Volkswagen Jetta diesel, while they are fairly rare her in the U.S., diesel is a little cheaper and I will get close to 50 mpg. I've had 2 VW diesels previously and loved them. You do need to keep them garaged overnite and sometimes plug them in when the temperatures get real cold in the winter I'm jumping on this now, because if gas continues to rise, the very little bit of diesel cars that are out there, will be snatched up really fast. As far as cars go, Mercedes and VW are the only companies selling diesels in the U.S. right now.

darthdarrel

Original Poster
Originally posted by Dawn S
It's about $1.70 for low grade here. My little bitty Hyundai used to fill up on $10...no more. ARGH!!!!!
It is now 1.85 here for low grade!
It used to cost me 10 bucks a week to fill my 2001 Hyundai accent but now it takes 15 bucks!:cry: I saw a segment on the news about the growing gas prices and this guy that owned a SUV said it takes him 50 bucks a week!:eek: OMG! I`d go broke! That`s 200 bucks a month just on gas,I`d have to sell my SUV,course I will never buy an suv!:lol:

crazygirley

I hate these people I see everyplace with the "No War" signs on their cars, and buttons on their shirts. You know what I have to say to them all...

"No war, huh! Fine, no war, then YOU can pay for my gas!"

dopey

Originally posted by DMC-12
dude...it is.. a Z-71 is like a Tahoe.. Is it not? Anyway.. I am just glad I dont have an SUV...

I remember all the Yuppies in Naperville (an Upscale suburb here) were bi.t.c.h.ing last time gas prices sky rockted to near $3.00 a gal record highs... and complaning they cant afford to fill up there Lincoln Navigators... :rolleyes: idiots... (not you Bri) :)

Hey, mister, I've got an SUV. Next time I see you tooling around town in your battery-powered Yugo, I'm gonna run you down and suck out all your gas! :lol:

I know there's a lot of SUV-bashing out there, but I bought my Durango knowing full well it's gas mileage primarily because I liked how it looked, but, also, because I'm a big guy and I need the room. It ain't like anybody else is paying for my gas but me.

And, if you want to talk about the impact on the environment, the total amount of all fuel burned each year by cars in about 1 percent of the fuel used to make plastics, which, I might add, are used to make all cars lighter and more fuel efficient. So there! :p :animwink:

crazygirley

I don't see the problem with SUV's either. It's not like the people complaining about the gas-guzzeling are paying for your gas, anyways. And, FYI, the Earth is going to explode someday, anyways, and no, you won't be around for it, and you won't know your great, great, great, great, great, great...grandchildren who wil be alive then either, so chill out. We pay for the gas for our SUV's, not you.

tenchu

Originally posted by MKCustodial
Alcohol from sugar cane. It's cheaper than gasoline, but it takes to longer to start the engine up and get it warm during the winter, and our winter isn't NEARLY as cold as yours, so... :lol:

Glad to hear I'm not going crazy. (ish) :lol:

I think most of the price of our petrol actually comes from taxes imposed by our own government.

High petrol prices are just something we've always lived with, and I expect we probably always will.

I picked a really good time to buy a car with an engine capacity almost double that of my old one! :lol:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
A car running on booze:brick: what a waste of good alcohol, if you drank it youd walk quicker and if you didnt youd be so blootered you wouldnt care how long it took to get home:)

DMC-12

Originally posted by crazygirley
I don't see the problem with SUV's either. It's not like the people complaining about the gas-guzzeling are paying for your gas, anyways... We pay for the gas for our SUV's, not you.

Ummm... Ok.. I clearly stated that the People that "ARE " about the gas prices were the SUV people.... I did not say I was.... my car is rather sporty and fuel efficent.. not some lumbering oversized soccer mom's shoping cart that has 4WD and has never been off road or will never be :lol: :D

*(no offense to soccer mom's :lol: :lookaroun ;) )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom