Press event Tuesday, Jan. 18th.

Krack

I love how even in the concept drawings, Disney's foremost concern appears to be the kid marching away with his $39.99 overstuffed Beast doll (notice all 5 "kids" in the drawing are focused not on the FLE buildings, but on the merchandise).

fantasyland-rendering5.jpg

As for the designs, this is far, far better than the original plans (de-emphasis on Princess/Fairies), but overall, I still think they are spending an awful lot of money to only increase the number of attractions in Fantasyland by one. And I find it hard to believe they can't come up with a better overlay than "The Great Goofini" - is that really the best WDI can come up with?

Ignohippo

Looks like they have expanded the circus land into all the Pixie hollow space. Other than the new entry archway, I don't see much detail in that area other than the tents though. I'm glad they bailed on the clowns taking over the GB coaster, but from the artwork it looks like the airplane itself may not change much.

It also looks like there's a ride right in the center (where the "cheese" spinners were going) on the original plans.

Ignohippo

I love how even in the concept drawings, Disney's foremost concern appears to be the kid marching away with his $39.99 overstuffed Beast doll (notice all 5 "kids" in the drawing are focused not on the FLE buildings, but on the merchandise).

fantasyland-rendering5.jpg

Heh! I noticed that too!!

NYwdwfan

Brilliant obervation!! :lol:

lebeau

Yeah, that was my reaction to that drawing as well. This may be the first concept art that leads to Disney being disappointed instead of teh fans!

SeaCastle

I just posted this over on Laughing Place, but now seems like the perfect time for Disney to do something drastically unpopular, as most of the fans are totally engrossed in the announcements tonight and the artwork.

Just thinking out loud...

NYwdwfan

I just posted this over on Laughing Place, but now seems like the perfect time for Disney to do something drastically unpopular, as most of the fans are totally engrossed in the announcements tonight and the artwork.

Just thinking out loud...

Meaning...what? I mean, closing SWSA is probably unpopular - and no one seems to be bothered now that we've seen the art. You think something more?

NYwdwfan

I think everyone is fixing to be very surprised or very disappointed. First I believe that things could change but it looks right not that all this press conference is going to be about is the new campaign, new ship, and AK Trek. With some mentions of the new Star Wars Simulators and the Fantasyland expansion with an emphasis on the Toontown section talking about the dumbo spinners and maybe some better concept art on the retheme for the Barnstormer. The mystery section that so many on this board for some odd reason seem to keep thinking it will be a Dwarf Mine Car coaster will not be mentioned. If they do talk about it - I've been left in the dark. So I will leave with this most important info - when this mystery section of the Fantasyland expansion does get announced broaden your thinking to the only other movie besides Toy Story 3 that in 2010 grossed worldwide over one billion dollars. Now don't worry they are not going to just theme this section to the current movie's translation of the story. But building on to what is already here "Tea Cups" from the classic animation version. Yes a land within a land! Fantasyland will be making room for Wonderland!

Um....care to comment?

SeaCastle

Meaning...what? I mean, closing SWSA is probably unpopular - and no one seems to be bothered now that we've seen the art. You think something more?

Something a bit more than closing a ride, like price increases across the board, or a slew of declines by degrees, or perhaps nothing at all. This is all speculation stemming from the fact that so many people are going to be blinded by all of the new announcements that they won't notice when Disney does something decidedly detrimental, subtle or otherwise. I personally hope it doesn't happen, but if I was Disney I'd be milking all of this goodwill for everything it's worth.

NYwdwfan

Something a bit more than closing a ride, like price increases across the board, or a slew of declines by degrees, or perhaps nothing at all. This is all speculation stemming from the fact that so many people are going to be blinded by all of the new announcements that they won't notice when Disney does something decidedly detrimental, subtle or otherwise. I personally hope it doesn't happen, but if I was Disney I'd be milking all of this goodwill for everything it's worth.

I don't doubt that 2012 will see some sort of hike - larger percentage-wise than previous hikes. But I was also thinking that until the opening date, there may be some great deals for now thru then (during 2011 and early 2012).

cheezbat

Where would the press get their info if this site didn't exist? :lol:

Now that it's out, I'm sure Universal will plan some sort of press event in the next few days as well. Always seems to happen.

Yeah...I'm sure we'll either finally hear some plans about that propsed Potter expansion or something regarding a new attraction for Universal Studios in 2012-13. :lol:

Expansion and new rides at MK, and new stuff at Universal...

If that IS the case, it's a GOOD week to be a theme park lover!

inluvwithbeast

I started to saying something about you sounding like another um.. member. But keeping in mind the lack of positive feelings between you and said member, I decided the comparison might be a bit unwise. Lol.

I see where you are coming from though. Because of their track-record, there's a lot of distrust of TDO. Although maybe if they phase-out discounts we'll see something like food prices go down.

I am pleased with the new artwork though. :D

inluvwithbeast

Yeah...I'm sure we'll either finally hear some plans about that propsed Potter expansion or something regarding a new attraction for Universal Studios in 2012-13. :lol:

Expansion and new rides at MK, and new stuff at Universal...

If that IS the case, it's a GOOD week to be a theme park lover!

Potter will get a ride through Gringotts. Lol.

Lee

Adventurer
Now you have MI thinking.;)
Stop. For your own sake.

Geyser Mountain is also coming to my mind...it's going to be a looooong night.
No, sir.

Lee,
Would this new mind blowing thing that might, just maybe, get announced tonight finally be the answer to Potter?
Nah...just something I think MK needs.

Lee, raven or Jaun....
Should we still be holding out hope for some other big announcement tonight?
I doubt it. If it wasn't mentioned in the press release, I don't see them pulling it out for tonight. Maybe later...

You mean the Wonderland area??! :lol:
Paging Timothy W...you got some 'splaining to do...:rolleyes:

Tonight these will be announced "officially." Other things you will have to wait and see.
Yep. I figure this will be all for tonight.
And raven....thanks!:wave:

T-1MILLION

Anyone thinking the announcement tonight might include some of the next gen things they are pushing with the new queues? Maybe the changes that are coming to the Haunted Mansion?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom