Press event Tuesday, Jan. 18th.

raven

Original Poster
You have no idea how much I wish I had the type of info you guys get. But I do applaud you for being able to keep it under wrap. Must be kind of a burden to want to say everything you know and not be able to actually spill it all.

I hope whatever the "gift" is that it concerns WDW and will be talked about this evening.

Nope, the "gift" will not be talked about. :lol:

But yes. It's difficult to just not blare out the details of all these things. The information/renderings that are just being released I first saw almost a year ago. But I can keep intent with sharing that information with Lee and others that already know about them. Believe me though, there is plenty more things besides this that we are still keeping under wraps.

JustInTime

Thanks! So the major differences are Snow Whites cottage and the new art also shows the old tents from toon town in them. Also, anyone notice the Tea Cups roof is still different in this art?

Ignohippo

Nope, the "gift" will not be talked about. :lol:

But yes. It's difficult to just not blare out the details of all these things. The information/renderings that are just being released I first saw almost a year ago. But I can keep intent with sharing that information with Lee and others that already know about them. Believe me though, there is plenty more things besides this that we are still keeping under wraps.

Raven, has the "gift" been greenlit or is it still blue sky?

aladdin2007

I like the fact that for mermaid they are going with the title Under the Sea Journey of the Little Mermaid, it just sounds good ya know? Instead of the mundane ariels adventure name they are using at dca. Its just adventure is part of so many titles as it is. Anyway just sayin. The mine ride looks beautiful!!!

Mad Stitch

Whoa! I was ignoring this thread figuring it would be about a lame marketing campaign. I’m glad I looked at it since it wasn’t going away.

NYwdwfan

Thanks! So the major differences are Snow Whites cottage and the new art also shows the old tents from toon town in them. Also, anyone notice the Tea Cups roof is still different in this art?

Maybe an overlay of the existing roof once the rest of the construction/theming is completed?

JustInTime

Maybe an overlay of the existing roof once the rest of the construction/theming is completed?

Have you seen the "new" roof in person? It's beyond awful. It looks 100% temporary. COuld be wrong. It's simple sheets of metal that has been painted.

And the train stations is a giant tent.

toolsnspools

Looks like they have expanded the circus land into all the Pixie hollow space. Other than the new entry archway, I don't see much detail in that area other than the tents though. I'm glad they bailed on the clowns taking over the GB coaster, but from the artwork it looks like the airplane itself may not change much.

NYwdwfan

Have you seen the "new" roof in person? It's beyond awful. It looks 100% temporary. COuld be wrong. It's simple sheets of metal that has been painted.

Yes - and I agree wholeheartedly. Those raised grooves in between each section (I will try to find a photo) look as though an overlay can fit right into place.

S

stphnbogert

Has anyone read the article...they say something new for Cinderella's Castle will be added? What could that be? I'm sure if they were referring to the video projection they would of said it....and they say that in the end of the article....

i'm hoping they build a walkthrough of the castle (like in dl with sleeping beauty. it would be nice to walk through the castle to the story of cinderella.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom