Press event Tuesday, Jan. 18th.

Lee

Adventurer
Oh ok, I was nosing around on some other site as well and it seems that this earth shattering possibility is whatever was scheduled to be in the spot of the Princess M&G's before it was axed and replaced by the Princess castles and now to be replaced by Snow White coaster.
Umm....no. That is not accurate.

I also noticed that its something scheduled for another park, so they will just be making two of them.
Quite possibly.

So who knows what was the first thing scheduled for the middle spot of the FLE? Whatever it was is seemingly being added back in just put elsewhere in the MK.
The Dwarf ride was the first thing in that spot. It is now back and the M&Gs, as we all know, are being moved.

S

stphnbogert

It would make sense. It's a nice sized auditorium where you can control the elements and use the screens to display images.

well they better have cameras there so we can see the event online. i think disney owes it to us to put this online. :shrug:

JustInTime

That settles it. If it's anything less than Western River Expedition, I will be supremely disappointed. :lol:

But quite honestly, it seems like the most logical choice. Outside of Indy, there are few things that could be built at the Magic Kingdom that would make so many fanbois happy. If it's being built at Shanghai Disneyland, somebody else would pay for the R&D, bringing costs down for TDO (nevermind the fact the plans have been collecting dust for the past four decades.

Nevermind the fact that there is an expansion plot straddled between Big Thunder and Splash (which was incidentally the site Tony Baxter proposed for WRE coupled with his BTMRR), Frontierland is unprofitable when it comes to merchandise, and there were rumors of a high-budget addition to MK West this summer, I am speculating that we may have found our culprit.

Honestly, that was my initial thought too. I think it's a great hunch. I was about to post about a frontierland expansion being a major possibility but you beat me. It only makes sense and it all adds up perfectly.

Another small option is Tomorrowland but I don't think that is what Lee is talking about at all.

DocMcHulk

well they better have cameras there so we can see the event online. i think disney owes it to us to put this online. :shrug:

At the very least, the press event will be live tweeted by multiple sources and I am sure blogs like InsideTheMagic and Orlando Attractions Magazine will have complete video of the event online by midnight.

S

stphnbogert

At the very least, the press event will be live tweeted by multiple sources and I am sure blogs like InsideTheMagic and Orlando Attractions Magazine will have complete video of the event online by midnight.

well thats good to hear. i won't be in bed til 2am anyway refreshing this forum every 5min. hahaha.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I continue to check this thread every hour. I keep hoping that something leaks, this way our insiders can confirm it before the press event.

NYwdwfan

From the Orlando Fox affiliate website (big question mark on the bold part):

Disney to make two big announcements today

Updated: Tuesday, 18 Jan 2011, 8:59 AM EST
Published : Tuesday, 18 Jan 2011, 7:17 AM EST
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Walt Disney World is expected to make two big announcements today, one involving Fantasy Land's expansion and the other about something new for Cinderella Castle.
The Magic Kingdom is closing tonight at 6 p.m. to make its big announcements.

The Fantasy Land project is the largest expansion in the 50 plus years of Disney history and it's expected to take your experience beyond fantasy walls and into a magical fairytale.

Tonight Disney will reveal it's newest concepts for Fantasyland and rumors are flying about a new Seven Dwarfs coaster ride and the revival of plans for Dumbo’s Crcus Land. FOX 35 has confirmed that Disney is adding several new princess themed areas.

Disney is also expected to reveal a new projection show at Cinderella's castle. The theme: "The magic, the memories and you!"

toolsnspools

So is the FLE announcment being made so they can get the info out ahead of the foundations being poured? Within a day of the new ground work, I'm sure we'll have flyover photos and specualtion galore.

I guess it makes sense to have both press events (This one and the Dream christening) at the same time. I wonder if they'll have a guy with a flag to herd the reporters from MK, to the hotel, to DCL bus, to the ship... :ROFLOL:

S

stphnbogert

I wonder if they'll have a guy with a flag to herd the reporters from MK, to the hotel, to DCL bus, to the ship... :ROFLOL:

hahaha I LOVE the flag. i want to get one so badly just to have it. i find it hilarious that people use though....just follow fat Aunt Sally. you can't miss her. hahahaha.

and someone needs to confirm that this will be online....anyone got staggs or iger's phone number?

Rich1

It will be broadcast live...inside Mickey's Philharmagic. It's a press event. The way that works, they announce the information to the press, then the press announces and broadcasts it to the world. That's how you create the buzz. If it were a webcast, it would be called that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom