Press event Tuesday, Jan. 18th.

redshoesrock

Though Disney has since declined to discuss project specifics, rumors have been circulating for months on various online Disney fan forums that the revised plans will include a moderate, indoor roller coaster themed around Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Nice to know the Orlando Sentinel reads our boards. Hey Sentinel, do a feature about how the quality of Disney has declined over the past decade!

raven

Original Poster
Oh ok, I was nosing around on some other site as well and it seems that this earth shattering possibility is whatever was scheduled to be in the spot of the Princess M&G's before it was axed and replaced by the Princess castles and now to be replaced by Snow White coaster.

I also noticed that its something scheduled for another park, so they will just be making two of them.

So who knows what was the first thing scheduled for the middle spot of the FLE? Whatever it was is seemingly being added back in just put elsewhere in the MK.

First off it's Seven Dwarves (Dwarfs) mine coaster, not Snow White.

Before that was planned the area was to be used for Princess M&G's in themed castles and houses. The public and press stressed that it FLE was too female heavy and suddenly plans were changed a bit.

orky8

This is the case with Snow White and the Speedway for sure. Disney can do better than these attractions.

I've recently been watching the Disney Treasures DVDs on Disneyland. There are lots of "classic" things that are gone, replaced with bigger and better. I'm sure the donkey rides were nostalgic, but BTMRR is better.

njDizFan

I guess there is no hope for HKDL's Mystic Manor coming to DAK?

Since this new additional being speculated is coming to MK.

menamechris

Sooo...still no word from the Disney Blog. Doesn't seem like thats good. I interpret that as meaning they don't want to build this up, because its going to be pretty uneventful. After all, they wouldn't want building anticipation for Disney fans like last time. :) Now I am starting to wonder if they will announce the press event to the public at all.

djkidkaz

And while we may be excited to finaly here the official word, plans as of June last year slate the ride not being open until early summer of 2014. So let's quickly put that into perspective if people are planning their trip around riding it. But as said before, plans can change.

What takes them so long? Seriously! The ground is ready to be built on. It should not take over two years of continuous construction to put up one ride. Why not just hire a mass of people and get it done quick? Your either paying alot of people to do it in a short time or less people to do it in a longer time. Either way the cost would equal out about the same.

I just dont understand why WDW management would want this huge construction site right in the middle of their new expansion. You'd think they would want to show it off in all its glory.

All I can think is that they are purposefully spreading it out just to say they have something new each year:

2011: Star Tours 2.0
2012: Mermaid and Beast areas
2013: Circusland
2014: Snow White Mine Coaster
2015: Lee's Earth Shattering Mega Humungo Secret Project XX

raven

Original Poster
Sooo...still no word from the Disney Blog. Doesn't seem like thats good. I interpret that as meaning they don't want to build this up, because its going to be pretty uneventful. After all, they wouldn't want building anticipation for Disney fans like last time. :) Now I am starting to wonder if they will announce the press event to the public at all.

A "press event" is an announcement.

djkidkaz

First off it's Seven Dwarves (Dwarfs) mine coaster, not Snow White.

Before that was planned the area was to be used for Princess M&G's in themed castles and houses. The public and press stressed that it FLE was too female heavy and suddenly plans were changed a bit.

And what did they have in place BEFORE the princess M&G's raven? Supposedly there was something else scheduled to be in that spot and it was decided it should be taken out and replaced by the castles we saw in the original concept art.

RSoxNo1

I just got word that Mickey's PhilharMagic is closed right now for the press event.

All of the signs on the construction walls have been updated, but they are currently covered with black tarps.

raven

Original Poster
What takes them so long? Seriously! The ground is ready to be built on. It should not take over two years of continuous construction to put up one ride. Why not just hire a mass of people and get it done quick? Your either paying alot of people to do it in a short time or less people to do it in a longer time. Either way the cost would equal out about the same.

Answer: Buena Vista Construction Company. They are paid by the hour, not by the project. If they were paid by the project then the entire FLE would be open already. Once saw 6 guys from BVCC one night take 8 hours to put up 2 new 4x8 wall coverings behind the benches in the Soarin' fast pass area. They slept most of the night but were paid for a full 8 hours of work.

Attractions take a while. Even redos or upgrades can take nearly a year. Look at Space Mountain. They rethemed the queue, post show and waiting area when it opened. How long did that take? The HM additional scene and attic redo took nearly a year as well.

S

stphnbogert

I just got word that Mickey's PhilharMagic is closed right now for the press event.

All of the signs on the construction walls have been updated, but they are currently covered with black tarps.

thats odd. why would philarmagic be closed for the press event? are they going to announce it in there?

yay....i hope someone removes them so we can get pics of them. =D

SeaCastle

For most...
death-star-explosion-star-wars.jpg

That settles it. If it's anything less than Western River Expedition, I will be supremely disappointed. :lol:

But quite honestly, it seems like the most logical choice. Outside of Indy, there are few things that could be built at the Magic Kingdom that would make so many fanbois happy. If it's being built at Shanghai Disneyland, somebody else would pay for the R&D, bringing costs down for TDO (nevermind the fact the plans have been collecting dust for the past four decades.

Nevermind the fact that there is an expansion plot straddled between Big Thunder and Splash (which was incidentally the site Tony Baxter proposed for WRE coupled with his BTMRR), Frontierland is unprofitable when it comes to merchandise, and there were rumors of a high-budget addition to MK West this summer, I am speculating that we may have found our culprit.

DocMcHulk

I was wondering where they would be holding the press event. Mickey's PhilharMagic makes sense

raven

Original Poster
And what did they have in place BEFORE the princess M&G's raven? Supposedly there was something else scheduled to be in that spot and it was decided it should be taken out and replaced by the castles we saw in the original concept art.

The M&G's were the original things planned for that area.

redshoesrock

I guess there is no hope for HKDL's Mystic Manor coming to DAK?

Since this new additional being speculated is coming to MK.

No, Mystic Manor won't come to DAK because we already have Mystic Manor at WDW in the form of the Haunted Mansion. Mystic Manor is continuing the tradition of having the Haunted Mansion (or Haunted Mansion-like attraction) in a different land at every Disneyland-style park:

Disneyland - Haunted Mansion - New Orleans Square
Magic Kingdom - Haunted Mansion - Liberty Square
Tokyo Disneyland - Haunted Mansion - Fantasyland
Disneyland Paris - Phantom Manor - Frontierland
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mystic Manor - Mystic Point

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom