Premium Parking coming to Walt Disney World's parking lots?

Jeff456

It's not something I would use, I tend to stay on site anyway so parking is included I certainly wouldn't pay any extra. If the premium parking stops them increasing prices elsewhere, saves an attraction from being closed and not being replaced I'm all for it!

MonorailLover

If you're willing to pay for that, you might as well just take a taxi and avoid the bus experience altogether.
If you consider it an "experience"......... Oh there you go guys, new idea! Put padded seats and charge a "Premium Walt Disney Bus System Experience, including premium seating, and a driver who tells you corny jokes about the local wildlife and tourists as you go around the Walt Disney World Property!"

hokielutz

WDW is beginning to sound like an airline, looking for fees where ever they can get them -- resort fees, premium parking, tiered tickets. What's next? Bus fare?

Don't give them any ideas... or else they'll install wrist band readers in the busses to collect fares... (oops on me)

NowInc

What a lot of people are not realizing is that no matter how upset this makes you at Disney, you need to be equally upset at the guests themselves. I can say with confidence that even tho most of us wouldn't use the preferred parking, that the lots will be full...often. There are just some guests who feel better about paying extra for "VIP" and often brag about it. I never see the point, but as long as they exist..these sort of things will pop up.

lazyboy97o

I wonder how many of the people here that keep saying, "my local park/Six Flags does this already" are the same ones that keep Disney on a pedestal above regular theme parks? ......
Exactly. Many of these types of schemes are nothing new but were deliberately eschewed by Disney (both the man and the company) so as to avoid evoking the atmosphere of other venues.

wannabeBelle

Like some others, I have no problem with this. I wouldn't use it for my own visits, but honestly it is a service that is being paid for if you use it, which I don't have a problem with. If you want to be closer to the main gate and are willing to pay that premium, its all good by me! Marie

Makamah

So how would this work with park hopping? Now if you hop you don't have to pay again to park. Would this be similar? And what happens when you hop and the premium lot is full?

Personally not interested but I know many people will. Just another money grab. And they'll tell us we asked for it

TimothyG

Disney sees something that people find valuable and decides to monetize it. The change literally has no effect on me (and 99.99999% of the other guests); it's a completely optional charge for something that I rarely ever get anyway (something you probably can't even get right now if you wanted to). Some people find it nice and are happy to shell out a few extra bucks. It seems that they've figured out a way to make more money without me being up-charged. What's the problem here?

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I went to a mall in North Carolina the other day and they where charging for valet parking. I did not pay for it and park in another area. Did not effect my visit to the mall that day at all. do not see this as anything different then that.

dstrawn9889

I went to a mall in North Carolina the other day and they where charging for valet parking. I did not pay for it and park in another area. Did not effect my visit to the mall that day at all. do not see this as anything different then that.
LOL, that is true with places that HAVE enough parking... try to find a parking space at Lenox Square, downtown ATL a lunchtime... Valet is a given-- where else you getting you car parked <2011 HHR> b/t an Aston Martin Vanquish and a Mazerati Ghibli?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I wasn't kidding when I said before, in the "No outside food and drink" thread, that "Six Flags" school of management is here and more is coming to Walt Disney World with the new management there now. Accountaneering is overtaking Imagineering again.

More of this type of thing is going to happen, and a good deal of it will utilize MM+/Bands. The only thing keeping them from charging for parking at Disney Springs is the fact they built the garages through the government. But they still are getting "creative" there too in the future with things to compensate around the edges for this.

Look for a lease deal from RCID where Disney leases the garages from RCID and then charges for parking, WIth Gov Voldemort 'Privatizing' a goverment funded facility is not going to raise even a ripple.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

Wow, thanks for the insight. good to know.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I wonder if your car will be more likely to be damaged in the pauper lot? Ill be parking with the fan boys in the Ubber Lot cause Disney is just so magically special, Id imagine the spaces will be more generous too, so you can jump straight from the car into the motorised chair.

dstrawn9889

I wonder if your car will be more likely to be damaged in the pauper lot? Ill be parking with the fan boys in the Ubber Lot cause Disney is just so magically special, Id imagine the spaces will be more generous too, so you can jump straight from the car into the motorised chair.
no, thats the handicapped parking area, right next to the tram tunnel... cant charge extra for that

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom