Pregnant in Disney?

mickey7879

Original Poster
Anyone have any tips for being pregnant in Disney? I'll be there for 2 weeks in feb/mar. Any tips, experiences or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Discuss with your doctor before you go. Rides have warnings, but a lot will depend on what your doctor says you can safely do and how far along you are. You and your doctor are the best judges, take what s/he says and go a little bit more conservative... :animwink:

Disney is great even if you don't ride anything.

hi! first off, congradulations!

How far along are you? I was there in March of this year and I was about 5 1/2 months and also with a 2 year old. If you don't have a child in tow, you'll probably have a really good time. If you do have a child in tow, you'll still probably have a really good time. For the most part, in my opinion, there are only a few rides that a pregnant woman can't enjoy. If I had one pearl of wisdom for you it would be to drink lots of water and to sit down frequently. If you are in fact traveling with another child I would allow the other person traveling with you to take him/her on the ride while you relax a bit. This is what my husband and I did earlier this year. Just allow yourself to take things at a leisurely pace.

Hope you have fun and congradulations again!

DO NOT RIDE ToT or RnRC! My mom did when she was pregnant with my brother and he was a screamer until he turned 3. He's still a whiner, but not like his screaming baby days (he's 5 now). Well, that's the reason why we say he cried all the time:lol: But other than that, just drink lots and lots of water and rest. Naps are useful in the afternoon. For example, go to the park in the morning, come back and take a nap, then go out for the evening... Have a good trip!

Greenlawler

My wife has done it twice, and will again in Decmber 7 months in. Our biggest tip would be to give yourself a day off in the middle of your trip. We stay 6 days and on the third day we have rested and gone to the park for the MVMCP, and MNSSHP that evening.

Kacki

Also, I bet that investing in a shoe insert (something along the lines of Dr. Scholls or something like that. Found at CVS.) would be great. All of the walking that occurs would be hard on swollen, tired feet.

KelsaBels

One of my favorite trips was when I was 5 months pregnant.
I was able to do most of the rides (not the mountains) in the Magic Kingdom, and some rides in the other parks, but mostly followed the warnings for everything else...if it said not to ride, I didn't.
It was actually one of our most relaxing vacations in the World!
Have fun, wear comfy shoes, and like the others said, drink plenty of water.

tigsmom

Congratulations! :sohappy:

There have been numerous threads on this subject and some really great advice has come thru. If you do a quick search you can find them and I'm sure if you PM'd the people they would help you any way they can. :)

Aurora_25

The people mover was my best friend when I was there and 7 months pregnant. I could have stayed on that all day with my feel propped up :) Luckilly my 5 year old daughter at the time loved it too so my DH and I didn't have to deal with taking her somewhere else while we rode that.
Take it easy and drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated.

JimboJones123

Both of our kids were "park pregnant". Wife was 3 months w/the first kid. 6 months w/second kid. Just under the wire the second time. So it kept us from riding space mountian? Big whoop. Like we rode it any of the other trips since either were born...

It is funny seeing a pregnant lady floating down the lazy river.

Be sure to sleep in if necessary. It helps.

MAGICFLOP

My wife and I were there during her 1st trimester. She had morning sickness at that time, but had a wonderful time just being outside with the people. I think you will still have a blast.

mouselvrmom

I went August of 2000 when I was seven months pregnant. Needless to say, I was HOT! However, you should be fine since you have cooler weather. It was still a lot of fun, even if I couldn't go on all of the rides. My daughter likes to tell everyone how she has been to disney 5 times, on of them in mommy's tummy.:)

aranha

Priority Lines?

Is there any priority line or access for pregnant woman ?
Since i'll be in the 3rd month, the pregnancy will not be visible..
So if there is that special access should i show the pregnacy exam ?

I'll stay into a resort? maybe they give a special pass if i show then the exam?

The Mom

Premium Member
As far as I know, there is no special priority line for pregnant women. If you are too incapacitated by your pregnancy to walk around, wait in line, etc you should probably not be at WDW. It isn't a permanent condition; you will get another chance after the baby is born, eventually. ;)

I went during two pregnancies, once at 4 months, once at 6&1/2 months. Good thing I was OK, because I had an appointment right after I returned, and was put on bedrest. :eek:

RebeccaMA

LOL! No! You do not get special access for being pregnant. Can you imagine if they did? How many people would that affect? Oh, and special access to all the seniors too, and the disabled, and the families with infants... that would be crazy!

Unplugged

LOL! No! You do not get special access for being pregnant. Can you imagine if they did? How many people would that affect? Oh, and special access to all the seniors too, and the disabled, and the families with infants... that would be crazy!

Good call. :lol:

Based on that, then I think we're ALL in the "special access" line. That's why the line is sooo line on many rides, we're all special!Perhaps it's the "single rider" lines that are the normal lines...also explaining why they're soooo short in comparison. :lookaroun

YodaGirl

No, no special access.

I can see where special access could come in handy, though - especially for particularly popular rides (with longer lines) or if it's really hot. Kinda the same concept as why some stores and restaurants have reserved parking next to the handicapped spaces.

Highland_Holly

I went 5 1/2 months along. My recommendation... BRING A BOOK! I spent a lot of time waiting while others rode the thrill rides. A book, a seat in the shade, a cool drink, and lovely WDW atmosphere... what more could you want?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom