Predictions! Secret WDC Project — August 22 @ D23

Spash007

I really don't think it's going to be parks, or movie related. I have a feeling it's going to be some sort of new offering in the realm of Disney + but on a smaller scale. Maybe an app of some sort.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
If I had a wish list - I'd like to see light rail throughout the world. Don't think that's going to be it. But I'd like it to. Might go with a new MK Resort (either next to GF and along the path of the new walkway, or where the original Venetian resort was supposed to be). Or possibly Frontierland expansion.

But it'll probably be another price increase announcement. "Surprise, we're doing it in August this year. That's why we had to keep it a secret."

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Since we're speculating here...

It's not going be a specific park announcement. They'd do that during the Parks Presentation. They're not going to announce John Carter 2. They'd do that during the Studios time. I don't think it going be centered on their Streaming Service. So that leaves -

Maybe a new park altogether? West of the Mississippi? Based on Marvel? Texas?

Kamikaze

Since we're speculating here...

It's not going be a specific park announcement. They'd do that during the Parks Presentation. They're not going to announce John Carter 2. They'd do that during the Studios time. I don't think it going be centered on their Streaming Service. So that leaves -

Maybe a new park altogether? West of the Mississippi? Based on Marvel? Texas?

Even West of the Mississippi, they still can't market a theme park using the Marvel name. Had to base a park on it with that restriction.

seascape

Even West of the Mississippi, they still can't market a theme park using the Marvel name. Had to base a park on it with that restriction.
Do you really think people are stupid? Everyone knows the Guardian of the Galaxy is a Marvel ride opening at Epcot. More Marvel Characters are going into WDW. They will be all over the place. Universal may have the rights to the Marvel name in themeparks in the US but everyone will know if you want to ride lots of Marvel rides in Orlando to go to WDW. Universal has decided to base their future on HP and Nintendo. Marvel is a small part of the future in Universal parks. Those who think they will continue indefinitely at IOA are wrong.

Kamikaze

Do you really think people are stupid? Everyone knows the Guardian of the Galaxy is a Marvel ride opening at Epcot. More Marvel Characters are going into WDW. They will be all over the place. Universal may have the rights to the Marvel name in themeparks in the US but everyone will know if you want to ride lots of Marvel rides in Orlando to go to WDW. Universal has decided to base their future on HP and Nintendo. Marvel is a small part of the future in Universal parks. Those who think they will continue indefinitely at IOA are wrong.

Yes, most people are very, very stupid. But that has nothing to do with the Marvel-Universal contract.

GotG will not be able to use the word 'Marvel'. Superheroland at DCA will not be able to use the word Marvel.

Marvel will continue to be a thing at IoA for quite a while.

seascape

Yes, most people are very, very stupid. But that has nothing to do with the Marvel-Universal contract.

GotG will not be able to use the word 'Marvel'. Superheroland at DCA will not be able to use the word Marvel.

Marvel will continue to be a thing at IoA for quite a while.
Just so you know, they can and will have a Marvel Trademark in all their advertising. And people are not stupid, they may not know all about the contract but they know GorG is Marvel.

Kamikaze

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom