Predictions! Secret WDC Project — August 22 @ D23

Surferboy567

On the latest episode of Disney Dish, apparently a DVC survey went out with all these locations Disney was asking to build resorts in, maybe it’s that? I want it to be parks related but I don’t think it will be. Unless it’s a fifth gate or new park which I don’t see being realistic.

BatStang2000

Ooh, Ooh, can I play the "I have no idea what I'm talking about but will spew forth information anyway" game ? A new working Yeti is being built offsite and will be installed overnight without the ride going down for guests. For those who take things too seriously, I just made this up using my wild imagination.

nickys

Premium Member
As in building a hotel in tourist-y areas. That doesn't mean building theme parks.

I don’t follow. 🤷‍♀️ I wasn’t talking about theme parks, I was talking about resorts.

My response was to someone who said the days of Disney expanding to non-park areas were gone. And yet they are surveying DVC members about whether they would buy at not only Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong, but also areas like Vail, San Francisco, Hawaii, the mountains of the NE etc.

So clearly they must at least be reconsidering building DVC resorts elsewhere, not just at theme parks.

Indy_UK

Not sure how they can fill a 1 hour slot but could it be the rumoured JJ Abrams announcement and That he and robot chicken will be exclusively be making content for Disney going forward? Originally Warner had managed to get them

britain

Not sure how they can fill a 1 hour slot but could it be the rumoured JJ Abrams announcement and That he and robot chicken will be exclusively be making content for Disney going forward? Originally Warner had managed to get them

That would really only be in the Studios presentation - unless the deal also anointed JJ with Lasseter's "Executive Creative Consultant to WDI" title.

Magic Feather

I don’t follow. 🤷‍♀️ I wasn’t talking about theme parks, I was talking about resorts.

My response was to someone who said the days of Disney expanding to non-park areas were gone. And yet they are surveying DVC members about whether they would buy at not only Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong, but also areas like Vail, San Francisco, Hawaii, the mountains of the NE etc.

So clearly they must at least be reconsidering building DVC resorts elsewhere, not just at theme parks.
Both Hong Kong and Paris came very close to getting DVC’s, HK especially. If I recall, the Paris plan would have converted a current hotel to DVC, while HK was a new build. Vail and the NE doesn’t surprise me, as “Ski Resorts” have been targeted recently.

Janir

how about a hotel chain? although it may cannibalize the parks business if you can stay with disney anywhere...
Dunno, they did the multiple Disney Quest location thing and found it was rather a lot of effort and work and not as much turn around profit.

tirian

If they have an hour blocked off for it, I’m sure (hoping) they’ll do a more detailed announcement than “We’re building a new park, here’s a vague concept painting, k byeeeeee” 😂
To be fair, Disney has a long track record of making highly detailed announcements, and even breaking ground, then canceling the projects.

But yeah, Universal’s Epic Universe of Epic Universal-ness was probably the most underwhelming theme park announcement of the year. :D

I’m counting on a new night parade for the 50th because concepts have been tossed around for over a year; but since it’s almost impossible for anything to remain a secret, and since nobody is talking about it, I’m not expecting details at D23.

britain

Dunno, they did the multiple Disney Quest location thing and found it was rather a lot of effort and work and not as much turn around profit.

If you had to redo DisneyQuest...

1) Class it up - It shouldn't feel like an arcade. As I already said, this should be a Magic Embassy on behalf of the Magic Kingdom.
2) Combine it with a DVC.
3) Put it in a location that is already a year-round tourist pull for non-Disney reasons.
4) Include one quality roller coaster and one flume attraction. These don't have to be huge, but they have to be there to further distinguish the place from an arcade.
5) Include the black box interchangable dark ride which will stay up-to-date because they'll use whatever the latest IP programming is being used in CA and FL.

This could take up like a small mall's worth of land, or, if Disney wanted to be ambitious, they could fit it all in a NYC tower. That's worth a presentation of its own.

But, it's probably something like new environmental goals or something.

aladdin2007

To be fair, Disney has a long track record of making highly detailed announcements, and even breaking ground, then canceling the projects.

But yeah, Universal’s Epic Universe of Epic Universal-ness was probably the most underwhelming theme park announcement of the year. :D

I’m counting on a new night parade for the 50th because concepts have been tossed around for over a year; but since it’s almost impossible for anything to remain a secret, and since nobody is talking about it, I’m not expecting details at D23.

good point/comment, because I think many people are expecting that at D23 and its probably not going to happen just yet, stranger things have happened though.

nickys

Premium Member
Both Hong Kong and Paris came very close to getting DVC’s, HK especially. If I recall, the Paris plan would have converted a current hotel to DVC, while HK was a new build. Vail and the NE doesn’t surprise me, as “Ski Resorts” have been targeted recently.

I remember you hinting that Paris would get one.

I thought maybe part of the new resort for 2024 might be DVC.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Ooh, Ooh, can I play the "I have no idea what I'm talking about but will spew forth information anyway" game ? A new working Yeti is being built offsite and will be installed overnight without the ride going down for guests. For those who take things too seriously, I just made this up using my wild imagination.
Off topic: there's already a thread to track the Yeti.

hauntology

A special ticket dance party where you can rest in cabanas around the perimeter of the dance floor, eat a cupcake, and watch Disney-Pixar feature animated films released any time after 1988, with the exception of The Rescuers Down Under, Fantasia 2000, Emperor's New Groove, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Brother Bear, Home on the Range, Chicken Little, Meet the Robinsons, and Bolt.

EDIT: I forgot to mention there will be a big DVC kiosk in the middle of the cabanas.

God the accuracy of this statement as a testament to what is considered special treatment lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom