Predictions! Secret WDC Project — August 22 @ D23

Indy_UK

I hear it's not related to parks, products, or services - it's more of a feel-good thing for employees and the company.

If it's something that's going to boost cast member morale and in tern make the guests happier then this is probably the best thing they could do actually. The parks have been stretched and they've already announced the minimum wage increase, so I'd be interested to see what comes out of it

Janir

Since we're speculating here...

It's not going be a specific park announcement. They'd do that during the Parks Presentation. They're not going to announce John Carter 2. They'd do that during the Studios time. I don't think it going be centered on their Streaming Service. So that leaves -

Maybe a new park altogether? West of the Mississippi? Based on Marvel? Texas?
Or its a combo between two areas.
They plan on renaming DIsney's hollywood Studios to D+ Orlando. :p

RobbinsDad

I'm struggling to think what visionary moment that hasn't been discussed could possibly constitute a 1 hour session at D23, and I can only come up with one thing: Cabanas are coming to all Disney Parks worldwide.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
The official Company name change:
The Walt Disney Company will become, The Woke Disney Company :)

Might be on the right track... Universal announces Universal's Epic Universe (a universe is bigger than a world)... to compensate, Walt Disney World changes their name to "Walt Disney Multiverse" (as a multiverse is bigger than a universe)... ;)

Mac Tonight

Disney didn't like any negative stories about Celebration because it would include their name. Could you imagine the press of a DisneyAir crash? They'll never buy into an airline.
It was a joke.

It's about as likely to be the announcement as Iger announcing he's stepping down to run for President.

Princess Leia

Does Great Wolf Lodge have any competition? Do they need some?
Sandusky, Ohio (where Cedar Point is located) has the following:
Great Wolf Lodge
Kalahari
Maui Sands
Castaway Bay (owned by Cedar Fair)

Plus several more outdoor water parks.

I think an indoor water park/ hotel/ restaurant concept would be interesting for Disney, but it depends on the location and market. Wisconsin and Ohio are both over saturated at this point, but other locations in the Midwest could work.

ImperfectPixie

Great Wolf Lodge
Kalahari
Maui Sands

I think an indoor water park/ hotel/ restaurant concept would be interesting for Disney, but it depends on the location and market. Wisconsin and Ohio are both over saturated at this point, but other locations in the Midwest could work.
The northeast could use one. GWL really caters to younger kids, and it needs some competition in MA that isn't seasonal to raise the bar.

Capsin4

Great Wolf Lodge
Kalahari
Maui Sands

I was thinking it could work as a reimagined DisneyQuest. Heavily themed water park with a bunch of other activities. Lots of theming options in the rooms and around the resort given all their IP. Maybe tie it to DVC in some way. Could serve as a bridge to WDW or DLR or serve families that would never visit either.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom