Predictions! Secret WDC Project — August 22 @ D23

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No

lentesta

Premium Member
Whaaaaaa?!? Did you know?!? I mean, not exactly, but close enough!

Sometimes you're just walking down the street, minding your own business, and a TV show treatment with casting notes falls off the back of a passing truck. You know how it goes.

Brad Bishop

Come onnnnn Color changing package to SSE..Please oh please oh pleaasee!
tumblr_m34bxgsuJ91qb85lko1_500.jpg
I think that could be neat if they could do it in such a way that the color changes as one point and then progresses around SSE.

I'm not a fan of the MK Castle "Demo Mode" on the lights. It seems dumb and pointless. The LEDs on the castle could, and are, used for shows to create some really neat effects from stormy/gloomy to bright and happy. IMO: When a show isn't going on, the castle should just be lit up in "normal" tones (either all white or a some kind of standard lighting scheme to accentuate features).

The "demo" mode is just dumb to me and distracting.

Actually, to illustrate the point: You can buy color changing LED bulbs for your home. You can use these in various different ways like having low, blue lights for when your watching a movie or maybe you change them to green for a St Patrick's Day Party or maybe make them flicker like a candle for Halloween or even react to music for just a regular party. When you're just at home, though, which would you rather have:
- Them just set to some version of white (depending on whether you like daylight white or a warm white)
- Them in Demo mode where they're all just constantly wandering through their color scheme because they can <- Think about how dumb this would be - Yes, this is how dumb I think it is on the castle.

On SSE, though, it might sort of work if there was some pattern to it and it was done really subtly. It could be a neat effect with the "reflective" surface of SSE. Demo mode would look stupid, though.

Touchdown

Demo mode? Are you talking about the preshow time when the projectors fire up to show a normal castle?

Because if you are, they only turn them on about 5 min before the show and they go off after the exit song is played. The rest of the time the castle is lit up with normal lights. Those projector bulbs are far too expensive to be kept on for hours and hours.

As for why they are turned on before the show begins I highly suspect it’s to make sure they are working before the shows, once the pyrotechnics charge is started they cannot restart the show so it’s really important to check the other systems prior to the show to minimize technical difficulties cancelations of the show.

Brad Bishop

Demo mode? Are you talking about the preshow time when the projectors fire up to show a normal castle?

Because if you are, they only turn them on about 5 min before the show and they go off after the exit song is played. The rest of the time the castle is lit up with normal lights. Those projector bulbs are far too expensive to be kept on for hours and hours.

As for why they are turned on before the show begins I highly suspect it’s to make sure they are working before the shows, once the pyrotechnics charge is started they cannot restart the show so it’s really important to check the other systems prior to the show to minimize technical difficulties cancelations of the show.

I'm talking about the MK Castle at night when there's no show happening. The castle will constantly cycle through various colors and it makes no sense. It's not about a show it's about just having the LEDs in demo mode.

Touchdown

I'm talking about the MK Castle at night when there's no show happening. The castle will constantly cycle through various colors and it makes no sense. It's not about a show it's about just having the LEDs in demo mode.

Have they changed things in the last 9 months? They used to do that but as of 5 years ago they had gone to a more subdued standard light
3CDAE6AA-9EA2-4FA0-A502-8E05AD511B19.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom