Predictions! Secret WDC Project — August 22 @ D23

Cmdr_Crimson

As I've stated its most likely the Disney reward scheme (a la Hilton Honors plus) that has been kicked around internally since the late '90s. Guess with summer numbers and the expectation for Autumn and Winter Disney brass as decided to launch a hail Mary.
Could also be a Membership based thing like Six Flags, Sea World, and Cedar Fair parks are doing..The higher the price...Better the perks..

solidyne

Original Poster
The panel for every movie from Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm is 2h long

This panel is 1h.
It's not gonna be about an animated movie
Or an attraction
Of course, they wouldn't have even an hour's worth of comments about a fifth gate, if it's expected to be built in, say, 2042!

the.dreamfinder

Could also be a Membership based thing like Six Flags, Sea World, and Cedar Fair parks are doing..The higher the price...Better the perks..
Or perhaps something more encompassing.

doctornick

I could see this being a deep dive on the big Cruise Line news. Between the three new ships (of which nothing has been released other than the fact that there are three ships coming) and the new “island” (more like island section), they could definitely fill an hour. Plus, I doubt the Parks panel would have time for DCL. That said, this is pure speculation, with an ounce of intuition.

Not unreasonable, especially if there was also some details on new cruise terminals, ports, itineraries as part of the expanded fleet.

dothebrdwalk

I could see this being a deep dive on the big Cruise Line news. Between the three new ships (of which nothing has been released other than the fact that there are three ships coming) and the new “island” (more like island section), they could definitely fill an hour. Plus, I doubt the Parks panel would have time for DCL. That said, this is pure speculation, with an ounce of intuition.
Agreed. This seems like it could stand on its own. Technically it's "Parks and Resorts" but can also hold it's own press conference as practically a separate entity.

RSoxNo1

Let's also remember that the announcement has an hour long timeslot, so it has to be something they are ready to discuss in a lot of details. So, for example, I doubt it would be a fifth gate since I don't think they would dump all the details of something like at once.
Parks and Resorts panel is an hour and a half, FWIW.

Edit: Sorry, misunderstood that this was about the mystery panel.

nickys

Premium Member
The days of Disney trying to expand in the US outside of their existing resorts are long gone

Well that’s what everyone thought. And yet they’re surveying currently about DVC resorts internationally and across the US. So who knows what’s back on the table?

Not that I think the announcement will be anything related to this. But this subject must have been re-considered, if not actually on the table.

SpoiledBlueMilk

Disney revives Disney's America.

Disney buys Carnival Cruise Line.

Disney buys Universal Parks.

Disney buys Activision.

Take your pick!! All will be revealed....soon! :)

If only they would revive Disney's America. All those NIMBY idiots out here in Northern Virginia hated the idea of a theme park in their backyard. Now their precious open space has become McMansion heaven!

Cmdr_Crimson

My guess; Nancy from hospitality found a potato that look like Abraham Lincoln and they just think it's neat. So they are giving her time to show it off.
potatoland_lincoln_ss.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom