Predictions on when evening hours and nighttime shows can resume?

NickPytlinski

And also a total guess. I get it, prediction thread, but too much predicting is a waste of time and many predictions have already been wrong.

Vaccine is going to be a reality at some point. Remember, 3 months ago, people predicted no sports and a massive economic shutdown for a year. None of that is happening.

People need to chill. Stop trying to write history before the story is even written. Stop making decisive statements about the future. Take it day by day and have some confidence in our ability to adapt, innovate, and improving data. Some of it (despite the news) is good.

Disney figured out a way to open after no one thought it was possible. Go look at reopen predictions from March.

This is pretty accurate 👍👍👍

NY numbers are great homie. It’s the sad pathetic state of Florida that is a case full of covid! Lol Nice try homie
32,000 deaths in New York compared to 6,000 in Florida says otherwise. They may have finally flattened it but they failed miserably in the process. It would take Florida almost a year to catch up to the New York death toll at their current death rate despite the rise in cases the past month.

DisneyDebRob

32,000 deaths in New York compared to 6,000 in Florida says otherwise. They may have finally flattened it but they failed miserably in the process. It would take Florida almost a year to catch up to the New York death toll at their current death rate despite the rise in cases the past month.
There are numerous reasons for the difference in the numbers. Was a whole different ball game back then and now.

ryguy

I am curios to see how they will do the candlelight processional this year. Will they have it? If they do will they have a choir at all. Or a drastically reduce one with 6ft separation. Do they can celebrity narrators and go with 2 or 3 hired ones. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

scpergj

Attachments

• 15B37D30-F205-44C5-83BF-3FAEB6146EA1.jpeg
    15B37D30-F205-44C5-83BF-3FAEB6146EA1.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 50

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Epcot, in particular, could host fireworks with capacity controls. It’s already open until 9, has an extensive viewing area, and fireworks promote dining bookings. There are a lot of good reasons to bring them back there first. MK presents more challenges.
Unless each and every party stands 1-2 metres apart all around the lagoon there’s a problem.

ToTBellHop

Unless each and every party stands 1-2 metres apart all around the lagoon there’s a problem.
Well, how many parties can we allow in the park? My point is, the Epcot viewing area presents the greatest ability to spread groups out. Social distancing in the MK Hub would be a nightmare. Taped out boxes at Epcot and the fact that guests spread out around World Showcase Lagoon will not arrive at the bus loop in unison make Epcot the safest option. It’s also a less-packed park, in general. Obviously, this assumes cases don’t keep spiking in FL.

Want fireworks? Wear a mask!

Prince Thomas

You keep telling yaself that.... maybe it’ll be true. 👍🏽

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well, how many parties can we allow in the park? My point is, the Epcot viewing area presents the greatest ability to spread groups out. Social distancing in the MK Hub would be a nightmare. Taped out boxes at Epcot and the fact that guests spread out around World Showcase Lagoon will not arrive at the bus loop in unison make Epcot the safest option. It’s also a less-packed park, in general. Obviously, this assumes cases don’t keep spiking in FL.

Want fireworks? Wear a mask!
Assuming each party can stand in a metre square box, and with the minimum of 1 metre between boxes, 650 parties could see a lagoon show. 1300 parties if you staggered a second row one metre behind the first. Even if every party had four people on average and with two rows that’s less a capacity of just over 5000 guests.

And that’s based on one metre, or three foot.

With masks of course.

gerarar

Premium Member
I hope they’re doing some much needed work on Fantasmic! Like fixing those dang lasers!! The two side ones have been down since like August of last year, while the middle one is holding on barely.

The only good thing to return to the show recently is Snow White’s barge after it being gone for nearly a year+. Also some pyro launches (used in finale) were fixed sometime last November.

Crazydisneyfanluke

I hope they’re doing some much needed work on Fantasmic! Like fixing those dang lasers!! The two side ones have been down since like August of last year, while the middle one is holding on barely.

The only good thing to return to the show recently is Snow White’s barge after it being gone for nearly a year+. Also some pyro launches (used in finale) were fixed sometime last November.
I highly doubt Disney will invest into a show that wont be shown for a while. Esp when the union is demanding testing and masks being worn by performers. It would be great to get it back since it would be easy to maintain social distancing.

Thelazer

Perhaps they could borrow some lasers from another show that was recently just announced as never returning again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom