Predictions on when evening hours and nighttime shows can resume?

jrhwdw

What's the daily case rate in China compared to Florida? Shanghai starting nighttime fireworks is completely irrelevant to WDW.
Fireworks will not return for a long time - my opinion.
Those numbers in China are as fake as they get.
Sure, but our current numbers are nothing to be proud of either.
IDK, Ignite The Dream, Storybook Express came back this weekend(although I thought it came back in May/June?) DLRP Statrting Summer Events in Aug. Summer Nights every Fri/Sat at SWO.....
Could WDW try something and they just don't want to work on it? On the other hand, COVID still in US, plus DL/HKDL still closed and TDR trying nothing either........

I will say that it looks like Entertainment is starting to come back which is GREAT News!!!! SO happy about Ignite at SDL!!!

Chef Mickey

Mid 2021 and that’s optimistic.
And also a total guess. I get it, prediction thread, but too much predicting is a waste of time and many predictions have already been wrong.

Vaccine is going to be a reality at some point. Remember, 3 months ago, people predicted no sports and a massive economic shutdown for a year. None of that is happening.

People need to chill. Stop trying to write history before the story is even written. Stop making decisive statements about the future. Take it day by day and have some confidence in our ability to adapt, innovate, and improving data. Some of it (despite the news) is good.

Disney figured out a way to open after no one thought it was possible. Go look at reopen predictions from March.

Last edited:

Chef Mickey

What's the daily case rate in China compared to Florida? Shanghai starting nighttime fireworks is completely irrelevant to WDW.
You mean reported case rate? Florida cases have only been a thing for a short time. Again, day at a time. China was a total mess before they decided to start faking their data and cease testing. I’d like some of what you’re having if you believe 90,000 cases from the source of this virus. 😂

UNCgolf

Vaccine is going to be a reality at some point. Remember, 3 months ago, people predicted no sports and a massive economic shutdown for a year. None of that is happening.

While there won't be NO sports, it's still looking like some sports may not happen. Golf will go on because there's very little risk with no fans. The NBA can probably make the bubble work, even though there will be players/staff missing games for quarantine reasons. MLB has already screwed up and had to postpone/cancel games, and I will be very surprised if more don't end up cancelled. Their plan seems like a disaster. NFL has already cancelled preseason, and although I'm sure they will do whatever they can to make the season happen, it may not be feasible if the numbers don't start declining soon. College football is even less likely to happen without a dramatic decline in numbers.

Crazydisneyfanluke

IDK, Ignite The Dream, Storybook Express came back this weekend(although I thought it came back in May/June?) DLRP Statrting Summer Events in Aug. Summer Nights every Fri/Sat at SWO.....
Could WDW try something and they just don't want to work on it? On the other hand, COVID still in US, plus DL/HKDL still closed and TDR trying nothing either........

I will say that it looks like Entertainment is starting to come back which is GREAT News!!!! SO happy about Ignite at SDL!!!
Shanghi: They want to make it look like everything is okay. The guests are also more likely to follow the rules to the T, unlike some of those entitled visitors at WDW.
DLP: Covid is under control in most European countries. (Not spain) I also believe the viewing areas for the the summer shows can be easily manageable.
SWO: The crowds are more manageable with multiple viewing angles in a smallish area. This makes the events more manageable. Disney will be watching how SW handles this.
WDW: You have very large viewing areas that have to be monitored, which will take a lot of CM's. F! is the only thing that can be easily manageable (since ROL is canceled) , but the performers might be a little to close, plus the union.....

jrhwdw

And also a total guess. I get it, prediction thread, but too much predicting is a waste of time and many predictions have already been wrong.

People need to chill. Stop trying to write history before the story is even written. Stop making decisive statements about the future. Take it day by day and have some confidence in our ability to adapt, innovate, and improving data. Some of it (despite the news) is good.

Disney figured out a way to open after no one thought it was possible. Go look at reopen predictions from March.
More like April. When Orlando's Parks announced Closings, the locals thought it might be only 2 weeks.

jrhwdw

Shanghi: They want to make it look like everything is okay. The guests are also more likely to follow the rules to the T, unlike some of those entitled visitors at WDW.
DLP: Covid is under control in most European countries. (Not spain) I also believe the viewing areas for the the summer shows can be easily manageable.
SWO: The crowds are more manageable with multiple viewing angles in a smallish area. This makes the events more manageable. Disney will be watching how SW handles this.
WDW: You have very large viewing areas that have to be monitored, which will take a lot of CM's. F! is the only thing that can be easily manageable (since ROL is canceled) , but the performers might be a little to close, plus the union.....
Granted I haven't looked into DLP, the Summer News just broke this weekend, Is Stars On Parade/Disney Illuminations back in Aug too? Or is it a no or a too soon to tell thing?

disneygeek90

The entire premise of this thread was based on speculation. A prediction is, by definition, a guess. I’m not taking my words as truth. Chill.

All I know is that there are people already calling for Disney’s head for being open to begin with (I’m not one of them). I don’t see them pushing out things like fireworks until cases are under control which, based on Florida’s trend, could be a while.

Chef Mickey

While there won't be NO sports, it's still looking like some sports may not happen. Golf will go on because there's very little risk with no fans. The NBA can probably make the bubble work, even though there will be players/staff missing games for quarantine reasons. MLB has already screwed up and had to postpone/cancel games, and I will be very surprised if more don't end up cancelled. Their plan seems like a disaster. NFL has already cancelled preseason, and although I'm sure they will do whatever they can to make the season happen, it may not be feasible if the numbers don't start declining soon. College football is even less likely to happen without a dramatic decline in numbers.
It’s a lot better than what people were throwing out 3 months ago. Day by day.

Parker in NYC

Ha! Oh, yes. Please do look at reopening predictions on this forum. According to the forum chatter and insider BS, the parks were supposed to reopen every two weeks from closure to reopening.

Also, Universal and DeSantis lit fires under their rear end.

esskay

Christmas at the earliest, Jan 2021 more likely. Things are going to get a lot worse before they get better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom