Predictions on when evening hours and nighttime shows can resume?

jrhwdw

I hope they’re doing some much needed work on Fantasmic! Like fixing those dang lasers!! The two side ones have been down since like August of last year, while the middle one is holding on barely.

The only good thing to return to the show recently is Snow White’s barge after it being gone for nearly a year+. Also some pyro launches (used in finale) were fixed sometime last November.
When did Snow White come back to F!????? The last day before COVID while everyone was at MK? I don't remember any buzz about the Snow White Barge back in F!. Every F!/DHS Stream that I saw had no Snow White Barge.

gerarar

Premium Member
No work has been done at Fantasmic! since mid-March. If and when technicians get called back, it will be a MASSIVE undertaking to get this stage show-ready.

Another barge was sent out for repair when the show closed in March. The only Equity cast at Fantasmic! are the 3 stunt performers. That's the only union demanding testing.
Any chance they can run the show without those 3 stunt performers? I assume these are the ones that climb the rockwall and get shot down, John Smith, etc. However, now to think about it -- it must be contract-binding to have these performers to run F!

gerarar

Premium Member
When did Snow White come back to F!????? The last day before COVID while everyone was at MK? I don't remember any buzz about the Snow White Barge back in F!. Every F!/DHS Stream that I saw had no Snow White Barge.
It was first reported here on March 2, so not even a few weeks before the parks closed did Snow White barge return to the show;

And here's a recording (with timestamp embeded) from March 3rd, showing its return in the show:

Magic Feather

Assuming each party can stand in a metre square box, and with the minimum of 1 metre between boxes, 650 parties could see a lagoon show. 1300 parties if you staggered a second row one metre behind the first. Even if every party had four people on average and with two rows that’s less a capacity of just over 5000 guests.

And that’s based on one metre, or three foot.

With masks of course.
Areas like Showcase Plaza and the UK/France Island could take far more than 2 rows (if staggered, I’d go as far as to say that most areas could handle 3-4 rows). Plus, there are plenty of balconies and dining areas that could make up for it, too, like San Angel, Spice Road Table, and the big Japan balcony. I’d wager that you could average a minimum of 7000 people.

The big issues are figuring out who gets what spot (a Tokyo like lottery system supposedly came up at some point, but I doubt that got past the “pitching” phase), how do you stop people without designated spots from stopping and crowding things, and what do you do when the show is over? If those problems, the final one is the largest hurdle. The end of fireworks naturally cause a giant cluster of people to build up while they try to exit (especially with The Main Street bottleneck at MK and whatever the current construction bypasses are at Epcot). “Dismissing” people isn’t really an option either (imagine being in Italy and having to wait ~20 min to be allowed to go to your car/bus).

jt04

Areas like Showcase Plaza and the UK/France Island could take far more than 2 rows (if staggered, I’d go as far as to say that most areas could handle 3-4 rows). Plus, there are plenty of balconies and dining areas that could make up for it, too, like San Angel, Spice Road Table, and the big Japan balcony. I’d wager that you could average a minimum of 7000 people.

The big issues are figuring out who gets what spot (a Tokyo like lottery system supposedly came up at some point, but I doubt that got past the “pitching” phase), how do you stop people without designated spots from stopping and crowding things, and what do you do when the show is over? If those problems, the final one is the largest hurdle. The end of fireworks naturally cause a giant cluster of people to build up while they try to exit (especially with The Main Street bottleneck at MK and whatever the current construction bypasses are at Epcot). “Dismissing” people isn’t really an option either (imagine being in Italy and having to wait ~20 min to be allowed to go to your car/bus).

Been thinking about just such situations. I have some ideas I'll be adding to the Imagineering forum. One last time. Probably.

jt04

Assuming each party can stand in a metre square box, and with the minimum of 1 metre between boxes, 650 parties could see a lagoon show. 1300 parties if you staggered a second row one metre behind the first. Even if every party had four people on average and with two rows that’s less a capacity of just over 5000 guests.

And that’s based on one metre, or three foot.

With masks of course.

Vaccines looking better everyday. So by the time Harmonius is ready this may not be an issue.

ToTBellHop

It helps if fireworks occur before park close. Not that they would do such a thing at Epcot. It also helps that many guests from Epcot will be walking or taking the SkyLiner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom