Pre-trip questions!

New2WDW

Less than two weeks before our trip! Woo Hoo :sohappy: !

Anyway, I had some general questions and was wondering if anyone could help me out.....

1) Has anyone taken the Western Beltway route lately? Is it still pretty clear of traffic? I was going to take it from the Turnpike to the ASMovies Resort.

2) I have seen some cool decoration photos of MNSSHP on the web and was wondering if anyone has a picture or even seen the shirts for this years party? And if they look good? (last year we did not see any shirts.)

3) Has anyone seen or heard of the guy at MK that talks about Pin trading and if he still does that? and where exactly?

4) Are there any High School Musical activities at MK currently/ into October? My two girls love the songs and we will not be going to MGM this trip.

5) Any Gator fans know what time the Home game against Auburn will be? I do not want to get caught in that game day traffic like last year! :hammer:
(Sat. 9-29-2007)

Me and my family are very excited about our trip and it looks as if MK is being decorated even more so for MNSSHP than the last couple of years!

sweetpee_1993

I haven't seen anything at that theater either since I was a kid and we went to the Country Music Jamboree at MK. We saw Louise Mandrell there. Now THAT's a blast-from-the-past. LOL!

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

Anyway, I had some general questions and was wondering if anyone could help me out.....

1) Has anyone taken the Western Beltway route lately? Is it still pretty clear of traffic? I was going to take it from the Turnpike to the ASMovies Resort.

2) I have seen some cool decoration photos of MNSSHP on the web and was wondering if anyone has a picture or even seen the shirts for this years party? And if they look good? (last year we did not see any shirts.)

3) Has anyone seen or heard of the guy at MK that talks about Pin trading and if he still does that? and where exactly?

4) Are there any High School Musical activities at MK currently/ into October? My two girls love the songs and we will not be going to MGM this trip.

5) Any Gator fans know what time the Home game against Auburn will be? I do not want to get caught in that game day traffic like last year! :hammer:
(Sat. 9-29-2007)

Me and my family are very excited about our trip and it looks as if MK is being decorated even more so for MNSSHP than the last couple of years!

My kids and I pin traded all over the four parks and had a ball! :)

Mgm's HSM Pep Rally-DD loved it!~ :wave:

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Original Poster
My kids and I pin traded all over the four parks and had a ball! :)

My wife and girls love to pin trade and I just sit back and fork out the $$$! But there was mention on here about a guy somewhere on Main Street that talked to the kids about pin trading and I have forgot his name and was hoping he still did this.

Upvote 0

rlaeromech

I always take this and took it in May and it was pretty empty. Aside from the occasional Florida Highway Patrol. Make sure your seat belt is on.

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

My wife and girls love to pin trade and I just sit back and fork out the $$$! But there was mention on here about a guy somewhere on Main Street that talked to the kids about pin trading and I have forgot his name and was hoping he still did this.

I don't know about him but there were so many CMs that held out there lanyards and belt pins for the kids to trade before they even asked and explained the Hidden Mickey's although they knew what to llok for. DD & DS had the most fun with this and completed many of their collections! :wave:

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Original Poster
I always take this and took it in May and it was pretty empty. Aside from the occasional Florida Highway Patrol. Make sure your seat belt is on.

I took it last year and it felt as if the rapture occurred as I did not see another car in forever...it saved us a lot of time and Orlando traffic woes!
Thanks for the update and click for the seat belt!

Upvote 0

rlaeromech

I took it last year and it felt as if the rapture occurred as I did not see another car in forever...it saved us a lot of time and Orlando traffic woes!
Thanks for the update and click for the seat belt!

The reason I say that is that last October we went with our pastor and he has his two sons in the back of his full size truck. They were sleeping, they woke up with the FHP on them and he could see through the window that they didn't have their seat belt on. He got a ticket!:lol:

I was laughing anyway,, he didn't think it was too funny.

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Original Poster
The reason I say that is that last October we went with our pastor and he has his two sons in the back of his full size truck. They were sleeping, they woke up with the FHP on them and he could see through the window that they didn't have their seat belt on. He got a ticket!:lol:

I was laughing anyway,, he didn't think it was too funny.

:lol: I remember those days of no seatbelts, riding in the back of trucks - sitting on the edge even! Now-a-days I am surprised all kids don't have neck problems falling asleep with the seat belt at their neck!

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

(Sat. 9-29-2007)

The shirts are nice - I don't have a pic though. :(
The MK is decorated very nicely for Halloween.
We noticed decorations were added throughout the wk. leading up to the first MNSSHP.
I don't know about the pin trading guy, but there were a couple of other guests who gave each of our kids one of their trading pins in the WS at Epcot (I think they were just guests though).
I believe there is a HSM pep rally that is held at MGM, but I am not sure for how long.
I think Florida is gonna kill Auburn.
Have a great trip!
Hope the weather is a little cooler for you.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

(Sat. 9-29-2007)

1) I don't think the Western Beltway gets too crowded, so you should be fine using it.

2) I haven't seen the shirt designs yet...sorry.

3) The guy who does the pin trading talks is Scoop Sanderson. More info can be found at http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/event?id=3411 . I would recommend checking with City Hall to see what times he will be doing his talks. They are usually held in Exposition Hall in the movie theater area.

4) They used the MK as a test for the HSM show. Since they moved the Pep Rally to the Studios they don't have anything there anymore.

5) Can't help with this...sorry.

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Original Poster
The shirts are nice - I don't have a pic though. :(
The MK is decorated very nicely for Halloween.
We noticed decorations were added throughout the wk. leading up to the first MNSSHP.
I think Florida is gonna kill Auburn.
Have a great trip!
Hope the weather is a little cooler for you.

Thanks for the feedback! I am sooooo looking forward to the MNSSHP and all the decor!

As far as the game...I agree but it does not matter to me since I'm a Ga Tech Alum...too bad about the BC game..:cry:

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Thanks for the feedback! I am sooooo looking forward to the MNSSHP and all the decor!

As far as the game...I agree but it does not matter to me since I'm a Ga Tech Alum...too bad about the BC game..:cry:
I'm not a Gator fan either.
I am a Miss. State fan.
We beat Auburn last wk. - what a surprise!:D
We won the 2 games that were played while we were at WDW (hey, another reason to go to WDW more often).
Go Dawgs!
:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom