Power outages.

ChuckFromCanada

Parrothead & Disney Fanatic.
Original Poster
CNN is reporting 4+ million people in Florida are without power.Anybody have a new reports on if the power outages in Florida are affecting operations at WDW? Also good luck to all affected.

miles1

CNN.com has supposedly live coverage, but no sound for some reason. WESH has a very brief article about it and says that Orange Co. is being affected by the outage, but I don't know if this will affect the parks.

Supposedly two nuclear reactors have gone down, but it's not weather related. Sounds a little bizarre.

tigsmom

Seems that most of Central and Southern Florida is without power due to the severe weather that has passed thru.

maryszhi

Everybody in flordia: stay safe :) i am watching and it looks not that great. i looks like its more twords the water. the outage is a different. But i can be wrong

maryszhi

this black out looks kinda like the one a few years ago that slammed cananda and new england. (exc. this time it is just in florida) I hope everbody is safe

SeaBreeze

I'm in Gainesville (North-Central Florida) and my lab has power but we have an independent power source. Traffic lights being out is worrisome but I haven't ventured out to know what our power situation is. I actually had no clue about it until I came on here so thanks for looking out for us Floridians :wave:

Edit: Apparently we have lost power in some parts of town. Ew.

GO DAWGS!

I'm in Celebration right now, and we aren't being affected here. I just got back from the Outlets off I-4 and they are fine too. However, I did encounter several problems with traffic lights being out between here and there. People seem to be driving very courteously.

maryszhi

i spoke with a nice lady in st.leo ( planning a college visit) She said it went out for a few min. then went back on

tigsmom

It has nothing to do with the weather, but I know where I am hasn't been affected at all.

First report I read in one of the Florida papers said it was weather related, not its updated to power plant shutdown...:shrug:

Talked to my daughter in Tampa and she said half the city was out for awhile, but she (at UT) never lost power. She said that everything in the city seems to be working now, from what she can see.

EDIT: It was on CNN.com that said it was weather related, thats still there but they have added that the cause was not immediately known.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am in the southern edge of Jacksonville and we have not has so much as a flicker or a brown out. The sky is starting to look pretty evil though. The rain should hit just in time for me to be driving home in the deluge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom