Potter power: Universal sets 12-month attendance record.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Actually, Wet N Wild is living on borrowed time. I've heard it from many sources. One just yesterday was telling me how many of them that work at the park are just waiting to hear the word about relocating to a new park on that plot of land next to IOA. It's most likely gonna happen in the next five years or so...

If true, I hope Universal goes all out with the waterpark, ala Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach, and doesn't just build a wet and wild style concrete playground. Not that Wet n' Wild doesn't have its appeals, their rides are really good. I just wish they were wrapped in a prettier skin

And as to you guys with your theme park numbers....yes, WDW was down last year. The only park with an increase was DAK...which REALLY makes me sad because that just tells TDO that they're doing a good job there and that the park is worth visiting...when in reality, that park is one that needs the most work.

Correct. WDW was down last year. Hard to believe someone would try and argue that it wasn't. It's like staring up at the sky and insisting it's green.

Responses in red.

Laughable. :ROFLOL:

That's all I have to say about that.

How about Disaster? It's an awesome interactive attraction that shows how special effects work. How about Men in Black? That is an awesome interactive dark ride that has MULTIPLE endings and great capacity at that. The Simpsons and Shrek paved the way for new video projection technology. If it weren't for that, we probably wouldn't be getting the upgrades to Spider-mam that are happening next year. Rockit, while not amazing, was the first roller coaster to utilize a touch screen music selection. All new stuff in the industry that Universal introduced.

And while Disney did create an awesome game system for Toy Story, the low capacity and lack of detail in the queue detract from the experience.

JT3000

Laughable. :ROFLOL:

That's all I have to say about that.

Petty, childish, tasteless statement. I'll refrain from replying to anymore of your posts after that one.

Are you not replying to anymore of his posts because you don't like what he says, or because you are unable to respond with anything of substance? I just wanted clarification.

This thread has been a funny read.

McClane713

Yay! Just booked our trip about an hour ago. Staying within walking distance of Universal and spending the whole trip there. I finally get to see WWOHP. Hoping the crowds won't be too bad, we're going to be there during opening weekend of HHN but decided to skip it this time. Last minute trip so limited budget. My wife actually said she'd rather get a wand than go to HHN. :ROFLOL:

Captain Chaos

Yay! Just booked our trip about an hour ago. Staying within walking distance of Universal and spending the whole trip there. I finally get to see WWOHP. Hoping the crowds won't be too bad, we're going to be there during opening weekend of HHN but decided to skip it this time. Last minute trip so limited budget. My wife actually said she'd rather get a wand than go to HHN. :ROFLOL:

Enjoy!!!! I upped my 2 day Universal ticket to 3 days... and I purchased my HHN tickets today... Totally looking forward to HHN...

McClane713

Enjoy!!!! I upped my 2 day Universal ticket to 3 days... and I purchased my HHN tickets today... Totally looking forward to HHN...

Yeah, thought about doing 3 days as well, but I actually want to relax for a bit on this vacation which I usually forget to do. HHN looks decent this year. We went for 18 and 19 and it was awesome. Who knows, if I find extra cash we may end up going again after all.

captainkidd

I don't think Disney has anything to be worried about. Nothing is ever gonna beat Disney. That being said, this is somewhat an issue of pride. If IoA ends up having higher attendance than any Disney theme park, it's going to be very embarrassing and humbling for Disney.

JT3000

Any Disney park? It's already had higher attendance than DCA. Hell, numerous parks used to have a higher attendance than DCA.

DisneyFan 2000

Read the whole report.
Look, no offence (and I really do mean it) but you can't keep claiming the sky is green when facts show that it's blue and it seems hopeless to debate with someone that will continue claiming so. Disney lost attendance within the Florida market, Universal gained. Obviously Universal is doing something right and Disney something wrong for this to happen. If it were anything other than direct initiative (or lack thereof) both companies' attendance patterns would be similar, not near-polar opposites.

Again, to be perfectly clear. The sky is not falling yet, Disney is in no way in any short term trouble... BUT, if both companies keep their respectful lines of strategy up, don't be surprised when UO/IoA come knocking on AK/DHS's door clamoring for their attendance numbers. That's not an out-there scenario and I'm sure you know it.

stlbobby

Look, no offence (and I really do mean it) but you can't keep claiming the sky is green when facts show that it's blue and it seems hopeless to debate with someone that will continue claiming so. Disney lost attendance within the Florida market, Universal gained. Obviously Universal is doing something right and Disney something wrong for this to happen. If it were anything other than direct initiative (or lack thereof) both companies' attendance patterns would be similar, not near-polar opposites.

Again, to be perfectly clear. The sky is not falling yet, Disney is in no way in any short term trouble... BUT, if both companies keep their respectful lines of strategy up, don't be surprised when UO/IoA come knocking on AK/DHS's door clamoring for their attendance numbers. That's not an out-there scenario and I'm sure you know it.

If you go back and read my original post, which I have reiterated many times, what I said was that US made a great move buying HP, but Disney's passing was making a sound business decision and it wasn't the death knell that so many will claim.

Since then the haters have posted their hate over and over and tried to confuse the argument.

In reguards to Disney and WDW the facts actually support me. I posted links and facts from an independent financial research firm and the theme park industry association which supported my contention.

Those arguing with me have just added park attendance figures and didn't read the report fully. The WDW resort had more visitors last year than the previous year. They just keep adding the park figures not realizing there is way more to WDW than the parks.

I'm the one calling the sky blue.

Captain Chaos

If you go back and read my original post, which I have reiterated many times, what I said was that US made a great move buying HP, but Disney's passing was making a sound business decision and it wasn't the death knell that so many will claim.

Since then the haters have posted their hate over and over and tried to confuse the argument.

In reguards to Disney and WDW the facts actually support me. I posted links and facts from an independent financial research firm and the theme park industry association which supported my contention.

Those arguing with me have just added park attendance figures and didn't read the report fully. The WDW resort had more visitors last year than the previous year. They just keep adding the park figures not realizing there is way more to WDW than the parks.

I'm the one calling the sky blue.

Let's try this for you...

Making numbers up here to explain something to you: McDonald's serves 3,000,000 people in 2009, but 3,500,000 people actually enter a McDonald's restaurant... In 2010, McDonald's serves 2,500,000 people but 4,500,000 people enter a McDonald's restaurant... While the amount of people who entered a McDonald's restaurant went UP, the amount of people McDonald's served went DOWN...

So, even though more people may have ENTERED Disney World property, and I still don't see a report from you stating this to be true, fact remains they served LESS people in 2010 than in 2009... So, your facts don't actually back you up... it is all about how many people you SERVE not who ENTER... who cares if more people entered property in 2010??? if those people aren't entering their parks (again, comprehend this: ATTENDANCE WENT DOWN IN 2010 AND YOUR REPORT PROVES THIS FACT) then who cares about them other than you????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom