Potter power: Universal sets 12-month attendance record.

stlbobby

Seriously, would you stop with the "haters" crap already? That's what is killing your credibility. No one on here is a hater of WDW. Good grief man.

Why are you so upset when I refer to haters? If you don't think you're a hater why would you care? Of course I've quoted all the hate you've thrown around this thread.

stlbobby

I have??? Show me where I am making up numbers????

http://www.coastergrotto.com/theme-park-attendance.jsp

Again, read and comprehend... ATTENDANCE FOR 3 of the 4 WDW parks went DOWN.. Numbers are NOT made up.. these come from, ohh let me see... TEA and ERA.... I guess you are calling THEM liars???

I said read the whole report. Those three parks dropped minutely. The resort as a whole increased. Disney properties increased even more. Read the whole report. It clearly spells it out. Don't just look at the charts read the whole report. I'm not calling them liars I quoted them, but I read the whole report and didn't get a partial list of numbers from a secondary website. If you want simple charts because you can't or won't read a whole report try this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_amusement_park_attendance_figures

I didn't use it previously because it is wikipedia, but it shows Disney was up last year. If you go to the TEA report it will break the numbers down and show you WDW saw an overall increase.

You are the one that can't comprehend. I've explained it about 20 times but you just keep going back to a list you found on "costergroto" and parroting back insignificant percentages.

Captain Chaos

I said read the whole report. Those three parks dropped minutely. The resort as a whole increased. Disney properties increased even more. Read the whole report. It clearly spells it out. Don't just look at the charts read the whole report. I'm not calling them liars I quoted them, but I read the whole report and didn't get a partial list of numbers from a secondary website. If you want simple charts because you can't or won't read a whole report try this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_amusement_park_attendance_figures

I didn't use it previously because it is wikipedia, but it shows Disney was up last year. If you go to the TEA report it will break the numbers down and show you WDW saw an overall increase.

You are the one that can't comprehend. I've explained it about 20 times but you just keep going back to a list you found on "costergroto" and parroting back insignificant percentages.

Ok, again... just because there was more people on property doesn't mean they served all those people... attendance went DOWN... that cannot be disputed, though you try... It's great more people entered the property... Still, attendance went DOWN.. and that is what should be disconcerting...

And again, no one is saying this is going to be the death of Disney... no one... the pixie dust brigade loves to twist people's words...

Attendance dropping is not insignificant... I comprehend just fine.. again, I don't care how many people ENTERED property, I care about attendance at the theme parks... And again, attendance was DOWN... that cannot be disputed...

stlbobby

Ok, again... just because there was more people on property doesn't mean they served all those people... attendance went DOWN... that cannot be disputed, though you try... It's great more people entered the property... Still, attendance went DOWN.. and that is what should be disconcerting...

And again, no one is saying this is going to be the death of Disney... no one... the pixie dust brigade loves to twist people's words...

Attendance dropping is not insignificant... I comprehend just fine.. again, I don't care how many people ENTERED property, I care about attendance at the theme parks... And again, attendance was DOWN... that cannot be disputed...

It doesn't have to be disputed. It has been disproved. And several people did say that passing on HP was going to be the death of Disney on this thread.

Please read the thread and the report and try to comprehend.

BTW-why are you screaming? Is this that upsetting to you? Maybe you need to take a break from the internet. It seems to be distressing you way beyond what it should.

Captain Chaos

It doesn't have to be disputed. It has been disproved. And several people did say that passing on HP was going to be the death of Disney on this thread.

BTW-why are you screaming? Is this that upsetting to you? Maybe you need to take a break from the internet. It seems to be distressing you way beyond what it should.

Just pointing out certain words to you with capital letters...

What has been disproved??? Attendance was down... that was proven... The numbers show attendance in the theme parks down...

I did see several people saying it was stupid for Disney to pass on HP in this thread, and yes, I know others have said it would be the end of Disney... Those people aren't in this thread... I am talking about in this thread... But, those people who think Potter will kill Disney are wrong, just like the ones who think Potter is a passing fad...

I saw your reports and I do acknowledge the reports say more people entered property.. I don't dispute that... You seem to want to dispute attendance being down in 2010 even though reports show that to be the case... If you owned a business, and you saw the amount of people you serve go down from 1 year to the next despite more people entering your business, you should have a cause for concern... Why are they leaving property??? Why did attendance drop despite increasing the amount of people on property??? How do we get 1.5% back???

I'm hoping attendance goes up in 2011... Just not when I am there for a week in October... :)

Captain Chaos

It is generally accepted in internet etiquette that typing in all capitals signifies yelling or screaming.

I know... but my entire post wasn't in capital lettes, thus not screaming...

I know you are very passionte about Disney and you don't want to see anything negative about WDW... But, you cannot take the numbers you want to prove your point and discount the numbers that work against you...

Anyway, the numbers are there... the truth is there.. Attendance in the theme parks did, in fact, decrease in 2010 for 3 of the 4 parks, no matter how people want to spin things... What were the causes?? Well, that can be disputed and everyone will be right, even a little bit...

stlbobby

I know... but my entire post wasn't in capital lettes, thus not screaming....

I didn't say you were screaming everything. It was more like Al Pacino in Scent of a Woman, where every 8th word or so was way too loud for no reason.

I really don't care I was just worried about you.

SleepingMonk

Original Poster
I'm sure someone will be along any minute now to tell you how this is actually good for Disney, terrible for Universal and how it's all a passing fad either way.

Wait for it....wait for it....

It's like I'm a freakin' psychic.

Called the entire thread way back on post number four!

:D

captainkidd

You should be a spin doctor for the democratic party in the upcoming election.

captainkidd

I just re-read this entire thread. Not a single person said this was gonna be the "death of Disney", let alone "several people".

Maybe (I say maybe) your ranting would hold a bit more water if you actually stated the truth and didn't make things up about people. Instead, you come off sounding like a 5th grader crying to his teacher "Mrs. Smith, they're all making fun of me."

DisneyFan 2000

I thought a rational debate would go well this time around, but there's obviously no proving you wrong so I'm done discussing this. I'm just curious what the future will show us 3 years down the line. Maybe then I'll bump this thread and restate my original statement: It's high time we realised Disney messed things up with its Orlando parks.

Scuttle

Disney messed up big time. I can honestly say the only thing I think that can contend with HP is carsland. I think it's realistic to. They know how much merchandise the cars franchise has been selling and I think it could happen. That's honestly the only way I think WDW can contend with Universal now.

Captain Chaos

Disney messed up big time. I can honestly say the only thing I think that can contend with HP is carsland. I think it's realistic to. They know how much merchandise the cars franchise has been selling and I think it could happen. That's honestly the only way I think WDW can contend with Universal now.

Don't forget, our trusted insiders have all stated how PO'd TDO is with how much money Universal is making on Harry Potter merchandise... Bean counters want to see a return on investment before opening the check book to fund greenlight projects... carsland in WDW would only make sense and would compete on a huge level with HP, maybe even surpass it in merchandise sales, which is what TDO loves most, adding to the bottom line... The place is a business after all..

NowInc

..so the completely new fantasyland wont help at all?

I'm trying not to come off as a fanboy here, but I trust Disney to carefully examine where to invest their money to best compete. I respectfully disagree with carsland tho (i really can't see putting it in the same level of appeal as harry potter), but the idea of say...Lucasland? Using the licences of star wars and indiana jones...done properly and in a larger scale...THAT I think would draw more people.

Captain Chaos

..so the completely new fantasyland wont help at all?

I'm trying not to come off as a fanboy here, but I trust Disney to carefully examine where to invest their money to best compete. I respectfully disagree with carsland tho (i really can't see putting it in the same level of appeal as harry potter), but the idea of say...Lucasland? Using the licences of star wars and indiana jones...done properly and in a larger scale...THAT I think would draw more people.

Fantasyland help with what exactly??? Merchandise sales??? Let's wait to see what they sell there first... If they sell the same generic merchandise found resort-wide, then no, it won't help... if they have specific merchandise that can only be found in those gift shops and no where else on property, then yes, it could help..

If you are talking about bumping attendance, then no... As our resident insiders have said, FLE isn't meant to bump up attendance... it is meant to help add capacity to a park that needed it...

Be Our Guest Restaurant will more than likelt be insanely popular... The two rides (Mermaid and the Dwarf Coaster) will be wonderful additions...

Lucasland would be a welcome addition... Won't hold my breath for it to ever happen... And if it did or does, Disney has to make sure it is done right... Which George Lucas will more than likely make sure happens...

Scuttle

I could see them expanding pixar place before lucasland. The pixar franchise is incredibly popular. I could see a scaled down version of monster inc coaster and radiator springs racers coming to the studios in response to potter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom