Potential Major Hurricane Idalia Possibly to Impact Central/Northern Florida 8/29

Gringrinngghost

1693251382558.png

Lilofan

"Supplies". ;) 🍷🍷
Guess I'd better get my son's old room ready - and set up a litter box for his cat. His office/warehouse is at the airport, so he'll be expected to work from home - which could be my home.

Yes, I'm in the cone (JAX), but I'm on "higher" ground, have a generator, and my next door neighbor has a whole house generator. Plus my son knows I always have supplies.
My family up North has a 20KW Generac whole house generator. During a week power outage they ran a long extension cord from their garage to the next door neighbor garage so the couple next door can power their fridge, lamp, cell phone and a lamp. The elderly couple next door to my family had no generator. Whole house generator is very helpful.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Leon County schools and universities are closed Wednesday

Leon County Schools closing at 6 PM. FSU at 5 PM. Given that TS winds will start of affect the area around 8 PM, that doesn't give much time for prep. I think you'll see announcements either later tonight or early tomorrow moving up the closing. Especially if the models show a more westward track.

Touchdown

The timing for this is off this is happening a few days prior to HHN opening night, which will likely mean it won’t rain that night ruining a long standing tradition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom