POTC Rehab - good thing or bad thing?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
marni1971 said:
Lets face it - WDW PotC won`t have any radical changes unless it was torn down and rebuilt. A good overhall would be great, even if the A100`s used in Paris were cloned for Florida but the ride itself can`t change in any great way. Its a pity it was a rush job (less than 2 years from greenlight to opening) but if it hadn`t opened in `73 we may never have seen it in Florida.

I dont know, because the que, beginning, and ending areas are the only part of the ride that is in the "on stage" area. The rest of the ride is in wharehouses behind the scenes (i.e. the reason for the first drop, to get you under the railroad). The only thing that I think is so much different between the DL and WDW is the beginning where the boats circle around next to the que area and the ending where there are three or four scenes stretched out. I know the treasure room scene is somewhat different between the two, but other than that, most of the differences are in the que, loading (DL version goes through a Louisianna swamp prior to the caves) and the ending. That being said, allot of changes could be made that would not affect the "show" part of the attraction.

dukein2009

When

Firstly, When is this going to take place?

Secondly, other than the one poster, why would any of us believe this refurb would be different from any other?

How long will it be down?

tigger248

arcsbite said:
It will feature all the main characters from the Curse of the black pearl, and a lot of the surrounding areas will also get makeovers including the local resteraunts.
They decided to have classic at California and new at Florida
it sounds fun...but could be a disaster in the making

God, I sure hope not. I love the movie, but I think it needs to be left out of the ride. The ride is classic disney and the movie characters would ruin that.

BTW, did I miss something? POTC is getting a major rehab? When?

Legacy

Jack Sparrow is going to be in the Hong Kong Disneyland version of Pirates, but nothing has been announced about Capt. Sparrow coming to Orlando.

arcsbite, I think your chain might have been yanked a bit.

KaliSplash

I don't think they're going to spend the fortune it would take to remake the WDW version into the DL version. So all I'm expecting is a standard overhaul.

The movie was fine, but I greatly prefer to stick with the original attraction story.

xfkirsten

As cool as it would be to see WDW's Pirates get a complete overhaul like that, I just don't see it happening any time soon. Maybe upgrades in tech, yes, but I don't see anything majorly visible happening in the near future.

mrtoad

Somebody please say when this is suppose to go down for rehab. We are going in a few weeks.

Thanks,
Mike

PirateJosh20

The Facts about this POTC "rehab"

ok so this has been an on going thing for a long time. Pirates indeed needs a rehab very much!!!!! I have been working there for a couple years and I have been hoping for one badly. It really needs it and my fellow castmembers agree.

The POTC rehab was scheduled to go down the middle/end of this summer. I have seen the blueprints for this rehab. In one plan, there will be no more unload. Unload will be moved to Load like DL POTC. The queue will be redisgned abit. and Fast pass is supposed to be added in. There will be a few new show scenes added. They will begin where unload is currently and these will consist of new animatroics ranging from Jack and Barbossa and new sword fighting pirates. The upramp will be a new show scene as well. Everything else in the ride will be a basic rehab. In the other plan they have, they will completely rehab and update the attraction, with out new show scenes or moving unload and no fastpass. Currently there is no need for fast pass at POTC. When both sides are open and the ride is running efficiently and the castmembers are loading correctly we would do worse on quests/hour with fast pass.

BUT!!! These plans have been post poned to end of summer/early next spring because of the 50th aniversary "Happiest Celebration on Earth" celebration. Disney didnt want to have one of its popular attractions closed for this celebration and it will most likely go down after the summer because park attendance really slows then. If it goes down it will be a year rehab. It prolly would have gone down earlier but they were also wating for Small World to Re-Open.

Have a Magical Day!
PirateJosh

Fantasmic!329

Potc

Defintley could use it. The queue area is neat, but really, really needs a makeover. Does anyone else agree that the queue area has been the same for way too long?!?

DisneyFan 2000

marni1971 said:
PotC isn`t being built at HKDL. Along with numerous others. Phase 2 perhaps?

According to some rumors yes. But Jim is the main source for this rumor and lately he hasn't proven to be the most reliable source.

ToTBellHop

marni1971 said:
PotC isn`t being built at HKDL. Along with numerous others. Phase 2 perhaps?
I doubt it...I have noticed a rather aggravating course Disney has taken recently with having Phase 2 plans for parks and cancelling them, so I tend to doubt there really is a Phase 2 at Hong Kong...

Splashman

The rehab of POTC is not a complete ride make over. I have learned from an inside source that they are going to add Captain Jack Sparrow to the attraction along with an addition scene at the end of the attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom