POTC Rehab - good thing or bad thing?

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
PhilosophyMagic said:
Right now, it's more like Disney to cash in on an unsucessfful movie...

An unsuccessful movie? Are you aware of the money that this movie made? The unbelievable acting job by Johnny Depp? (And NO, the wife and I are NOT Depp fans.) But gotta give him credit for this one. And that he was nominated for several awards for his performance in this movie?

Now, on to the rehab. ANY rehab is going to be a good thing, as it can be looked at more like maintanence is overdue. Let's not start complaining now about Disney doing a rehab, when all we usually hear is how they NEED to rehab attractions. Give Disney a break guys.

Lynx04

I am all for any and all rehab ideas for POTC, POTC is one of my least fav rides in MK. The WDW version of POTC is such a dumbed down version and disappointing compared to the DL version. IF you have read my previous comments about POTC you will know that WDW leaves a bad taste in my mouth.:hurl:

DisneyDefenders

One More Thing...

Let's also get the chase scene right!

The first two scenes should have pirates chasing the women and the last scene should have the fat woman chasing the pirate! It was funny that way and now it's just lame!

Enough political correctness! :fork:

And to the woman who sued Disney over this...shove it! I feel discriminated against now that it's only women chasing men! :lol:

xfkirsten

CaptJackSparrow said:
Let's also get the chase scene right!

The first two scenes should have pirates chasing the women and the last scene should have the fat woman chasing the pirate! It was funny that way and now it's just lame!

Enough political correctness! :fork:

And to the woman who sued Disney over this...shove it! I feel discriminated against now that it's only women chasing men! :lol:

Sing it! :lol:

And don't forget to give the fat pirate in the same scene his real dialogue back! :lol:

Disney4Eva

I dunno...

I've kinda got mixed feelings on this one.

On the one hand, this is already one of my favorite rides & it's so classic & it reminds me of my childhood & I wouldn't want anyone to change one thing about it.

On the other hand, I LOVE the movie & I think making the ride more like the movie would be totally awesome & I am sooooooo excited to see the Jack animatronic.

Maybe they should make a separate ride? Or leave the original as it is, and just build a separate ride but make it in the same building, and when you first walk in, there are two separate lines & you can choose if you want to go on the classic one, or the new movie one. That would be a good idea.

Dragonrider1227

Every ride needs a little rehab and tune-up. (though I agree, the mansion could use it WAAAY more.) if they put Jack Sparrow in it, I would hope it wouldn't involve changin the actual ride.

arcsbite said:
They are changing the whole thing, they decided that Florida could not compete with the classic one in DL (and god, don't we all know that!)

and so it is getting a complete overhall

It will feature all the main characters from the Curse of the black pearl, and a lot of the surrounding areas will also get makeovers including the local resteraunts.

They decided to have classic at California and new at Florida

it sounds fun...but could be a disaster in the making

Works for me. Didn't Walt say he didn't want Disney World to be "another Disneyland?" What would be the point of having two parks if they were both the same?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom