PotC mist screen removed/turned off for good

999th Happy Haunt

Original Poster
The site that shall not be named just tweeted not too long ago that the mist waterfall effect at the beginning of Pirates has been turned off and is gone for good, with audio being restored to “Dead men tell no tales.” Haven’t seen this reported anywhere else, can anyone confirm?

I’m also curious what this means for the rest of the ride, it seems like the movie references are being phased out slowly, starting with the mermaids.

tparris

The site that shall not be named just tweeted not too long ago that the mist waterfall effect at the beginning of Pirates has been turned off and is gone for good, with audio being restored to “Dead men tell no tales.” Haven’t seen this reported anywhere else, can anyone confirm?

I’m also curious what this means for the rest of the ride, it seems like the movie references are being phased out slowly, starting with the mermaids.
Well, the last few times I’ve been on it in the past year, it’s been off. When I rode it in April, the mist was off, but you could still hear Davy Jones talking.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Not surprised since they removed DL's a while ago. I agree it's unnecessary and there's no cross-promotion of the films going on for them to add ANOTHER character to it.

Surfin' Tuna

For the last 2 months I haven't seen it working, but I kept hearing that it would be back. If it is gone, this is some of the best news I have heard in a while. Without it, the tone is set much better and it makes for much better show. I guess it goes to show you that even TDO can get something right eventually if they keep trying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom