Steamboat_Kevin

Originally posted by darthdarrel
I get the sneeky suspition you like pink Floyd!:animwink: :lol:
Hehe, ya think?!
Ok, the best line ever from a Pink Floyd song is from "Bike"
I know a mouse
and he hasn't got a house,
I don't know why, I call him Gerald
He's getting rather old but he's a good mouse :)

Maria

Originally posted by Turbogames
Here is mine

Okay... I´m very ignorant about this, so please forgive me and explain to me... aren´t the pyramid or triangle, and the rainbow, signs of the gay movement? I would have never thought of Pink Floyd with those! :veryconfu hehehe... also helps that the other Pink Floyd thing I have seen is that wall! :lol:

Thanks in advance for the explanation! :) :animwink:

CmdrTostada

Originally posted by Maria
Okay... I´m very ignorant about this, so please forgive me and explain to me... aren´t the pyramid or triangle, and the rainbow, signs of the gay movement? I would have never thought of Pink Floyd with those! :veryconfu hehehe... also helps that the other Pink Floyd thing I have seen is that wall! :lol:

I dont know the reason for the use of that cover but it is a prism. One of those crystals that takes in regular light and shoots out colored light. It is from the album Dark Side of the Moon.

darthdarrel

The wallpaper that turbogames has is not the gay symbol,what that is , is one of pink floyds album covers, I`m not sure,but I think it was the dark side of the moon album. This was in the 70`s,before the gay community took the rainbow and triangle symbols.

CmdrTostada

Originally posted by darthdarrel
This was in the 70`s,before the gay community took the rainbow and triangle symbols.

I forgot to say that. So thanks for explaining the part I left out. I also still wonder why they used that cover, because its so memorable but kind of empty.

darthdarrel

Originally posted by Turbogames
I forgot to say that. So thanks for explaining the part I left out. I also still wonder why they used that cover, because its so memorable but kind of empty.
Your quite welcome!:D

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
It was an image created by Storm Thorgerson, a graphic designer who created many images adorning the album covers of Pink Floyd, animals, wish you were here and the division bell.

Hes also done work for Led Zepplin, Peter Gabriel, Bruce Dickinson Ian Dury and some other obscure arty type bands.
And it is indeed from Dark side of the moon.

DisJosh

Original Poster

Geez Maria lol. It's a prism with light going through it...the colors are a result of the light hitting it. Like Happy said it's one of many cool peices of album art work Storm Thorgerson has done for Pink Floyd.

Maria

Jeez.... I would have never thought of the gay movement before I was in WDW for Gay Day 99! Talk about associations now! What have they done to my brains???!!! :(

Before that, it is certainly a prism with lights going through it! I do see it!

Jeez... I´ve been brainwashed! :brick: :(

Thank you guys! :kiss:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I just washed OUR car today...i have the bad mistake of calling it MY car......and I took some pics of it lookin all shiny....it creeped onto my desktop today.

Attachments

• vibe.jpg
    vibe.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 152

WDWspider

Here's Mine at home :

(and yes it's the same one I created today and entered in the new contest -- I'm just a little proud) :eek:

Attachments

• fantas.jpg
    fantas.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 142

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Here's the one from my laptop. The photo is my grandfather taken shortly after VE day:

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 145

pisco

Here is my work desktop. It's so wide because I have a dual monitor set-up. The picture on the left is from the Living Seas and the one on the right is my puppy in the front yard last March.

At home I have the Haunted Mansion theme from doombuggies.com.

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 124

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom