Post WDW Depression

SleepingMonk

Hahaha, so we're not the only ones that do this huh?

For us it starts the minute we check out.

When we arrive at the resort we see all the people leaving and say "Woohooo, just starting our getaway!".....but then on the last day we're dragging out the front lobby all sad looking at the people just coming in.

The funniest part is we're there about once a month.

LOL

Spike-in-Berlin

Just got back, and very depressed. What do you do to get over the post WDW depression?

Listen to hours and hours of WDW-Music, reading books about WDW and imagineering, planning fake-visits, surfing WDW-sites both official and fansites and above all watch my selfmade 7-hour WDW-video which features all four parks, all major rides, all major evening shows and Typhoon lagoon which brings me back there in a moment.

Spike-in-Berlin

Hahaha, so we're not the only ones that do this huh?

For us it starts the minute we check out.

When we arrive at the resort we see all the people leaving and say "Woohooo, just starting our getaway!".....but then on the last day we're dragging out the front lobby all sad looking at the people just coming in.

The funniest part is we're there about once a month.

LOL

Can you imagine then what it means to check out of your Disney-resort knowing that you won't return for a year or perhaps even years?:(:cry:

gojoe

Post Departed Syndrome

I just got over it. I tried looking at all our pictures, talking about the fun we had and day dreaming about the next trip. 2 days ago I took the calendar and pick our next trip. Now the fun begins again. My last trip I took a 3 ring binder to hold all the plans I made. This time I'm going out and buying a lap top with lots of memory.

SleepingMonk

Can you imagine then what it means to check out of your Disney-resort knowing that you won't return for a year or perhaps even years?:(:cry:

I honestly can't, but it must be torture.

I was born and raised in Florida and have been coming to Disney since it first opened. It's one of our favorite spots to spend a week or sometimes just the day.

Adventure

I am not the best at arts and crafts but after the last trip I put together a collage with little things I had picked up from Disney World. I put them in a frame under glass. I used room and park keys, EMH bracelets, park maps, unused fastpass tickets, receipts and a few postcards I hadn't mailed. Then I was able to put it up and look at it everyday. I have now thought of lots of other things to get to add to it next time I go.

KingStefan

This is by far the hardest part of a WDW vacation. I've still got WDW depression from last year's trip, and in a few weeks it will be one year ago. Of course there's a lot of other stuff goin' on in my life right now, but I'm having real trouble shakin' the withdrawl.

We went to Quebec for the 400th anniversary this year instead, and being on vacation really helped. But still I really miss the World. Visiting here helps, but I end up spending too much time sometimes.

hpyhnt 1000

I've been in one since our last trip in December. Hopefully, my parents will get over to AAA and get some 4 day park hoppers while they're "on sale." That would help get me out of my funk.

In all honesty, this site is what keeps me sane, so to speak. :lol: Looking at the pics and discussing all things Disney really helps me fill my Disney fix.

WDW-LUVR

I can. We go once a yr and every yr I cry the day we leave and during our stay everytime I see someone heading home I get an ache in my stomic for them.

Mr_Tom_Morrow

i have a bunch of videos media in mp4 format(rides,shows,vacation planner videos,even the old disney world resort tv lol)on my ipod and watch'em them frequently..i listen to podcasts as well

jedeye18

Gotta be a clinical name for it...

Same here..watch my 6+ hrs vidoe; listen to the music, read this forum. The new Google Earth Disney maps are AWESOME and a great way to 'visit' the parks/resorts every day!
There has to be a clinical name for Disney withdrawal..maybe we should have a contest and name it. How about "Dis-drawal?"

S. Paridon

Browsing the forums is the best medicine aside from going back to WDW immediately. I was forced to go to DL to alleviate my problem; but that didn't satisfy it only intensified it.

mrerk

Premium Member

My worst PDD is when I don't know when I am going back. If I know I am going back, even if it is 2 years down the road, I can deal with it.

badrew

I buy books and listen to disney music on my computer. I go twice a year, so planning my next trip and knowing that it is "only" six months away helps. btw, counting down to my next trip... 98 days :)

danpam1024

Same here..watch my 6+ hrs vidoe; listen to the music, read this forum. The new Google Earth Disney maps are AWESOME and a great way to 'visit' the parks/resorts every day!
There has to be a clinical name for Disney withdrawal..maybe we should have a contest and name it. How about "Dis-drawal?"

I google earth too:ROFLOL:. It's the same images from 4 years ago, but it makes me feel like I'm there!
I also start intensely planning our next trip, reading restaurant reviews/ menus, thinking about trying a new resort, making sure I don't forget to pack glow sticks:lol:

Spike-in-Berlin

My worst PDD is when I don't know when I am going back. If I know I am going back, even if it is 2 years down the road, I can deal with it.

Well if I would have known, back in 1991 that it would be a 16! year wait, until 2007 I would have beend nothing less than devastated. I will never ever let wait such a long time again but as I still don't know If I will return next year (would make it a 2 year wait) I'm still depressed from my departure last year. I even think about visiting DLP as a kind of therapy although since my first and only trip in 1996 I never liked it.

Spike-in-Berlin

I google earth too:ROFLOL:. It's the same images from 4 years ago, but it makes me feel like I'm there!
I also start intensely planning our next trip, reading restaurant reviews/ menus, thinking about trying a new resort, making sure I don't forget to pack glow sticks:lol:

They STILL didn't update? I think that's not true. When I looked at WDW the first time in Google Earth EE was not there and now its there and completed. By the way I prefer virtual earth for my "visits".

dixiegirl

Oh god that would be HORRIBLE!!!!!!:(
I know the minute we get on the Magical Express back to the Airport when they play the "hope you had a great trip video" .. Oh I cry!! Especially when they start to say" Now its time to say goodbye "....Oh I cry its just soooo depressing!!...Then once I get home I am so depressed I try not to watch to many disneythings and I really don't look up anything with disney on the net either....After about 2 weeks of that I'm ok.....Now as it gets closer...Oh I get obsessed....Listening , and watching videos (as me and my DD did a couple minutes ago)looking at pics....I know between my hubby and I we're always finding out something new or something thats going on at Disney....Mother in law tells us all the time that we should just become travel agents for Disney because we're walking advertisements!!!! Could be worse!!!

39 more days woohoo!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom